Proposal: Boston Bruins - Auction

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
If Senators lose Methot at the expansion draft, I'd have serious interest in Krug.

- Senators 1st 2018 + Curtis Lazar + Mark Borowiecki for Torey Krug
- Bobby Ryan for David Krejci (Change of scenery trade?)

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
If Senators lose Methot at the expansion draft, I'd have serious interest in Krug.

So a mid to late round 1st, a guy who could very well be a bust and has only 1 point this season, and a cap dump that is worse than both Kevan Miller and Adam McQuaid for a #3 defenseman. No thanks.

Look I get that trades like Krug leaving Boston would signify them blowing it up and starting over, but that trade makes Boston worse now, tomorrow, and far into the future.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If bruins are committed to scratch and claw into playoffs (likely) but with a gm that might be hoping to legacy build with picks (possibly) then there is no one answer to what type of moves might makes sense

I'd guess that moves that help our cap would be welcome... the team prizes leadership, 2way play, and being tough to play against

Age doesn't seam to scare us off

We seam willing to gamble on talented kids that haven't proven themselves for other teams

I'd give 100 to 1 odds we arent in a firesale... but id think wed listen to trade talk for most of our guys and as long as it was cap relief and quality kids coming back for our best assets; then only bergeron is likely 100% untouchable.

All that said I like seeing trade proposals... I'll be curious what might get posted here

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

If Boston was planning to go after shattenkirk... I'd be looking to move krug. I'm a fan of lazar... a non protected pick from a bubble team has value...

I'd be ok with this deal but again I have to qualify that it is conditional on us finding another pp guy like shattenkirk

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Plekanec is a cap dump.

For Marchand? Gallagher + Galchenyuk

**** no.

If you do that auction, it's for a rebuild, because your team, right now, isn't good.

Habs are competing right now, and we need them.

What I offer is the second and third best prospect on the Habs, with a first (a low one, but we could swap it for the 2018 if you'd prefer) and a "cap dump" who is a Patrice Bergeron-Lite without much terms.

We could talk about prospects, picks, etc, but c'mon now.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
**** no.

If you do that auction, it's for a rebuild, because your team, right now, isn't good.

Habs are competing right now, and we need them.

What I offer is the second and third best prospect on the Habs, with a first (a low one, but we could swap it for the 2018 if you'd prefer) and a "cap dump" who is a Patrice Bergeron-Lite without much terms.

We could talk about prospects, picks, etc, but c'mon now.

If Boston was t ruely tearing things down... and if it was possible to trade with montreal... your proposal is probably close to value

But in the real world, there is 0 percent chance boston can say yes to this deal

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
If Boston was planning to go after shattenkirk... I'd be looking to move krug. I'm a fan of lazar... a non protected pick from a bubble team has value...

I'd be ok with this deal but again I have to qualify that it is conditional on us finding another pp guy like shattenkirk

Makes sense, I'd want it after the expansion draft due to us exposing one of Ceci/Methot. Krug would be perfect for Ottawa since our PP isn't the greatest and he would give us a solid offensive defenseman behind EK65.

Bobby Ryan needs a change of career not scenery.

Krug for Chabot + 2nd

Ryan has been much better as of late though. He could have value if he finished the season strongly. He usually produces so much more in the 1st half of the season, if he achieve that level of player in the second half of this year, it would be great. You guys could also have Bergeron/Spooner as your centers with Ryan on the wing.

I would not move Chabot for Krug, like not even tempting whatsoever. A lot of Sens fans are hesitating on moving him in a package for Duchene/Landeskog. While I like Krug, I don't think we'd move cost controlled assets like Chabot, White or Brown for him.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Not very close. Pastrnak is proving himself, Nylander is still unknown

Both kids are 20... pastrnak has around a full season of games under his belt more than nylander... but those games Wernt too impressive

This year pastrnak went through a 20 game stretch he scored alot of goals... but nylander pig average over the career is still better

As a bruin fan like you... I wouldn't make this deal... but saying it isn't close is a bit homerism. If we had nylander we would probably say it was close

There's no reason to trade one close kid for another though if you are happy with the one you got.

The only reason boston might trade pastrnak is if they become unhappy or he's a necessary piece to bring in an elite star quality vet

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
Both kids are 20... pastrnak has around a full season of games under his belt more than nylander... but those games Wernt too impressive

This year pastrnak went through a 20 game stretch he scored alot of goals... but nylander pig average over the career is still better

As a bruin fan like you... I wouldn't make this deal... but saying it isn't close is a bit homerism. If we had nylander we would probably say it was close

There's no reason to trade one close kid for another though if you are happy with the one you got.

The only reason boston might trade pastrnak is if they become unhappy or he's a necessary piece to bring in an elite star quality vet
I'm talking about Alex Nylander :laugh:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm first a bruin fan... but locally I'm exposed to the oilers and their needs. I know bruin management is petty and political and probably won't trade with chiarelli but let's say ownership steps in and tells the children to grow up

My deal
Krecji (less a mill retained)
Chara
Edmonton 2017 second returned

For
Hopkins
Nurse
Edmonton 2018 first

This is a deal of now for later... Edmonton gets a huge upgrade of leadership and experience. They get a 2nd line center with proven chemistry with lucic... imo better defensively... better faceoffs... and playoff pedigree... I think a larsson/chara shutdown pair could be very good. .. gives klefbom time to really ripen in third pair role

As for boston... it's part of a needed retool. Hopefully Hopkins responds to a change of scenery. Nurse has more chance to be a top 4 now that he isn't behind klefbom and sekera

I like the prospects of a bruin defense with mcavoy, carlo, nurse, krug in 2-3 years time

If I'm boston I let teams know contracts like belesky, k miller, macquaid, hayes are available on the cheap...

I stay vigilant if true talented players like landeskog or trouba might be moved...

Overall though, there is no firesale going on... the team Is far more likely to move some picks for rentals than it is to firesale anyone

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm talking about Alex Nylander :laugh:

Yeah that definitely doesn fly... to be honest the brothers remind me alot of their dad. Some teams dont mind soft 1 dimensional forwards if the talent is there. Boston has always demanded more from their talented forwards.

Perhaps pastrnak will wash out of Boston the same way seguin and Kessel did... but for now we see signs he's trying to fit in.

The nylander kids seam not to even try alot...

Hopefully for the sake of Toronto and buffalo they score alot to make up for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad