Proposal: Boston Bruins - Auction

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nope. If the Bruins were to go on a rebuild, they aren't going to trade their best prospect for a center let alone add. Even if the Bruins' direction this season is in limbo, the Bruins are hoping McAvoy, along with Carlo, will be the anchor for their defense for the next 15+ years regardless of a rebuild or not.

In my opinion, Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, possibly Krug, possibly Chara based on age/contract/NTC etc., Carlo, and McAvoy are probably the only untouchable assets on the Bruins right now.

Only added roster players. Have no interested in moving McAvoy in general, and moving prospects is another discussion.

I just want the current team to have a new look; so I'd move almost anyone on it.

Then again, I'm not the GM, so it's all moot anyways. But yea, no McAvoy. And definitely not for Stepan.

thanks for reply
didn't expect him to be made available at all

and it would be Stepan as core piece or not at all from this end.
So no deal
again thanks

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Updated OP with dispute, and added a few more proposals.

Just posted on the Bruins trade thread, so maybe we'll see some more Bruins fans chime in.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Does he have a NMC? If so, that seriously devalues him because of the X draft.

If Chara waives his NMC, is it still waived with the new team? I forget.

Dude, we're in a much better position to succeed in the present and future compared to Boston. Our core is better than yours and we have good young talent in our pipeline.

There's a reason why Ottawa is ahead of the standings.

Better? I don't think so. Much better? Absolutely not.

Ottawa being ahead of them in the standings has nothing to do with the future.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'm first a bruin fan... but locally I'm exposed to the oilers and their needs. I know bruin management is petty and political and probably won't trade with chiarelli but let's say ownership steps in and tells the children to grow up

My deal
Krecji (less a mill retained)
Chara
Edmonton 2017 second returned

For
Hopkins
Nurse
Edmonton 2018 first

This is a deal of now for later... Edmonton gets a huge upgrade of leadership and experience. They get a 2nd line center with proven chemistry with lucic... imo better defensively... better faceoffs... and playoff pedigree... I think a larsson/chara shutdown pair could be very good. .. gives klefbom time to really ripen in third pair role

As for boston... it's part of a needed retool. Hopefully Hopkins responds to a change of scenery. Nurse has more chance to be a top 4 now that he isn't behind klefbom and sekera

I like the prospects of a bruin defense with mcavoy, carlo, nurse, krug in 2-3 years time

If I'm boston I let teams know contracts like belesky, k miller, macquaid, hayes are available on the cheap...

I stay vigilant if true talented players like landeskog or trouba might be moved...

Overall though, there is no firesale going on... the team Is far more likely to move some picks for rentals than it is to firesale anyone

Nurse isn't being traded . If you are around the Oilers you know this . Edmonton turn down Nurse for Hamilton before and we need a D in the worst way then . It just isn't happening .

If any messes with Dr Drai he can send them to see the Nurse for their beat down :popcorn:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
What's the price tag on Ryan Spooner? Does he play C in Boston?

If he's been playing C, I'd be interested in him.

He's played a lot of C (mostly)- but they've moved him to the wing lately for the first time.
He's got the talent to be a 60 point second line centre - but he has to get stronger on the puck, defensive positioning, face-offs, battling, etc.

He's kinda in that same boat as Gallagher (albeit for different reasons) Their young and have shown extended periods of being impact players. They both could become very good NHLers if they put it all together. But are missing parts of their game. Becomes a coin toss if they reach the consistent level they're capable of.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Nurse isn't being traded . If you are around the Oilers you know this . Edmonton turn down Nurse for Hamilton before and we need a D in the worst way then . It just isn't happening .

If any messes with Dr Drai he can send them to see the Nurse for their beat down :popcorn:

I believe the offer was the 1st (Drasaitl) + Nurse. The + was refused by Chiarelli. I could be wrong though. I think if Hamilton were offered one for one for Nurse, Hamilton would be an Oiler today

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Can't see any of them available for Spooner.

I don't mind the 2nd + Fucale deal, I wouldn't do two 2nds, I'd do a 2nd + 3rd instead of Fucale if that's doable.

That's what I'd push for is one of the prospect. Id be more inclined on the 2 2nds maybe we kick like a fourth back to you guys. 2nd and a 3rd would be a pretty fair deal I'd think if that's what it came down to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->