Post-Game Talk: Boston Bruins at New York Rangers 2/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If Gorton does his job,he can quickly restock and infuse this club with talent and high picks and it can turn around quickly.The dark ages lasted years,we are nowhere near that point.

Reactions: Lays and bl02

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Does Boston challenge Tampa for top spot in the east this year. I think so. Yeah Washington is up there, but I'm not sure they're besting either of these teams in a 7 game series. Boston retool looking pretty good this year. Let's see how ours goes. Should start seeing that by the deadline.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly and bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If Gorton does his job,he can quickly restock and infuse this club with talent and high picks and it can turn around quickly.The dark ages lasted years,we are nowhere near that point.

I have no faith in Gorton after he let AV stick around.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They're not the same because the dark ages teams were mediocre but none of the dark ages teams were as bad as this one.

Maybe not, but thats also because they didn't take a look at reality and kept on trying to add.

Plus they didn't have AV. I'm not even joking when I say this, I'd rather have Trottier behind the bench.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I also wouldn't be surprised if the trade rumors are also playing a role at this point. Guys know the axe is looking, it's an all around crappy situation

This along with a bunch of guys on the team who have been around since they started going on their run have never experienced this before.

That and AV sucks.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Wins in the Dark Ages:
98-99 33
99-00 29
00-01 33
01-02 36
02-03 32
03-04 27

We've got 28 games left and need 12 wins to surpass the 01-02 team. I could very much see us finishing with a record similar to 98-99, 00-01 or 02-03 teams; and that's ignoring the SO and 3-on-3 OT that can result in more wins.

As a single season this could easily end up being as bad as Dark Ages one. The question is how quickly/how well can the right the ship?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This team could really use a Torts-esque reaming
Very true I guess. One thing i used to look forward to was Tort's no hold barred post game conferences albeit i know a lot of people were turned off by them.
On the other hand, torts has his hands full with a probably one of the biggest underachieving teams this year.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
At least it is clear how damaged the team fabric is. Things did go south after Kreider went out of the lineup. In a way, that is a blessing, and I only say that now because Chris is okay, thankfully. It helped to paint the picture.
The Bruins don't have a bunch of elite players, except for I would say Bergeron, but they have such quality and depth. They play like a bunch of interchangeable parts.
They were stacking those parts up while the Rangers tried to pad the roster to get a Cup. I actually enjoyed that ride very much. So, I am not surprised at this season. A lot of posters here are much smarter than I, and they knew it was coming.
Like Larry Brooks said, the bills have arrived and are being paid.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I have no faith in Gorton after he let AV stick around.
He deserves a chance to shape the team in the mold he wants.Sather had years to do that,Gorton deserves a chance to change the core and atmosphere around this team.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Those Dark Age teams were full of washed-up paycheck chasers that didn't care from Day One.

These players have all shown passion and resolve in the past. Something smells rotten here, and it starts at the top. The team is littered with injuries. The coaching staff needs to be simplifying the game for them and coming up with a defensive scheme/structure that his roster can actually f***ing execute. Instead, we get the same run and gun bullshit with players that can't run, and can't gun. It doesn't excuse the lack of effort, but this coach isn't putting his players in a position to be able to win the game, or even keep it respectable.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Does Boston challenge Tampa for top spot in the east this year. I think so. Yeah Washington is up there, but I'm not sure they're besting either of these teams in a 7 game series. Boston retool looking pretty good this year. Let's see how ours goes. Should start seeing that by the deadline.
The crazy thing is boston got criticized at the time with their 2015 first round selections they had the 13,14 and 15 picks. They skipped over guys like Barzal and Chabot. In 2016 they sure made up for it with the Mccavoy pick.
Plus those guys in 2015 still have chance to be decent players.
Still hoping we can get 3-4 first round picks this year and in 2-3 years having good success with them.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It's clear that this team can't handle playing while knowing there's trade rumors out there. A stronger group might take that as a reason to play as best as they possibly can in an effort to ensure they don't get traded. Instead, our guys look like it's preseason out there making basic sloppy mistakes.

I can take losing if they play their best and with pride. I can't take apathetic garbage like tonight.

Or trade rumors exist because this team can’t play.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We're just assuming that.

Our farm system is very below average as of today, we historically haven't been a good drafting team, and Gorton hasn't done a damn thing for us to just assume success.

This just isn't true. They churned out a ton of players before they started trading their picks away. Their drafting/development was excellent for a while, to the point where they had a top 3-5 farm.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
At least it is clear how damaged the team fabric is. Things did go south after Kreider went out of the lineup. In a way, that is a blessing, and I only say that now because Chris is okay, thankfully. It helped to paint the picture.
The Bruins don't have a bunch of elite players, except for I would say Bergeron, but they have such quality and depth. They play like a bunch of interchangeable parts.
They were stacking those parts up while the Rangers tried to pad the roster to get a Cup. I actually enjoyed that ride very much. So, I am not surprised at this season. A lot of posters here are much smarter than I, and they knew it was coming.
I would say the rat is elite. They stacked up their "aging" guys with lots of young infused talent.
We all enjoyed the ride. anyone who says otherwise is lying. I hated the st louis trade and felt we gave up too much for yandle but i enjoyed every single minute of the 2014 and 2015 runs.

Reactions: trilobyte

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

FIRE THIS ****ING IDIOT.

AV's arrogance is sickening.

You have McDonagh being brutally honest saying it was the worst game of his career, Hank saying it was embarrassing. There's AV though. He has nothing to do with it, his system is perfect, he's god's gift to hockey.

For years he's been forcing a square peg into a round hole by deploying his system with the rosters he's been given instead of adjusting. This year because of the injuries and loss of depth, the players can't overcome the system anymore.

Sad part is, if he would've just made a few adjustments and deployed his roster better last playoffs we could've absolutely gone further than we did.

AV definitely sits in his office farting and reveling in the smell. He's perfect, just ask him he'll tell you.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

Bergeron looked like toast individually also before their renaissance this year.

Reactions: bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This just isn't true. They churned out a ton of players before they started trading their picks away. Their drafting/development was excellent for a while, to the point where they had a top 3-5 farm.

We had a top 3-5 farm before Kreider graduated. That's 7-8 years ago now.

We've botched virtually every top 10 pick we've ever had with the jury still out on Andersson.

Reactions: ponzu4u

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm hoping this continues since it finally seems we aren't trading first rounders like candy. In fact we could easily have two years in a row with multiple first round picks. Now its about developing these kids and seeing what happens in 2-3 years.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
AV's arrogance is sickening.

You have McDonagh being brutally honest saying it was the worst game of his career, Hank saying it was embarrassing. There's AV though. He has nothing to do with it, his system is perfect, he's god's gift to hockey.

For years he's been forcing a square peg into a round hole by deploying his system with the rosters he's been given instead of adjusting. This year because of the injuries and loss of depth, the players can't overcome the system anymore.

Sad part is, if he would've just made a few adjustments and deployed his roster better last playoffs we could've absolutely gone further than we did.

I mean hes not wrong, but I don't see how he can say that if he didn't follow it up by ripping into his team for their performance after the first 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad