Post-Game Talk: Boston Bruins at New York Rangers 2/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The Rangers plane is crashing.

Lundqvist begins handing out the last parachutes to his soon to be traded teammates. Tears are shed. Final hugs are had.

AV says, "I'm ready for one, Hank."

"Here you are," Lundqvist says as he hands him a backpack filled with empty aluminum cans.

"Here you are," Lundqvist says as he hands him a backpack filled with gum wrappers"

Fixed it for you :)

I have nothing more to say about this game or this team.

Start the sell off.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers plane is crashing.

Lundqvist begins handing out the last parachutes to his soon to be traded teammates. Tears are shed. Final hugs are had.

AV says, "I'm ready for one, Hank."

"Here you are," Lundqvist says as he hands him a backpack filled with empty aluminum cans.

Newsflash--it's not just the coach. That's a team not playing with any pride. AV should not be coaching this team next year but I ain't going to feel sorry to see a lot of these players go out the door with him.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's clear that this team can't handle playing while knowing there's trade rumors out there. A stronger group might take that as a reason to play as best as they possibly can in an effort to ensure they don't get traded. Instead, our guys look like it's preseason out there making basic sloppy mistakes.

I can take losing if they play their best and with pride. I can't take apathetic garbage like tonight.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
It's clear that this team can't handle playing while knowing there's trade rumors out there. A stronger group might take that as a reason to play as best as they possibly can in an effort to ensure they don't get traded. Instead, our guys look like it's preseason out there making basic sloppy mistakes.

I can take losing if they play their best and with pride. I can't take apathetic garbage like tonight.
Got the same feeling that I watched an early exhibition game

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
That is what a team quitting looks like. It gets thrown around loosely but that was a true dark ages game.

I don't see how AV is back next year.
Emotionally, yes it did have that 'dark ages' feel to it, the feeling that any success or good things in a particular game are just fleeting, and that truth and reality will be asserting itself tout suite (pardon my French) ruthlessly and honestly. It did.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Guys, this is it. Like I don't know how much worse you really think the dark ages were.

Our lowest finish back then was 12th in the conference. What is this team, 11th?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeahhhh games like this seem to be a sign that the coaches have lost the team.

Many a NHL coach have signed their walking papers by refusing to change their systems when things start going down in flames and AV is going to just be another in a long line...

Team can't play the system he wants. Very few can. Gotta play to your strengths and he's not doing that anymore.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Guys, this is it. Like I don't know how much worse you really think the dark ages were.

Our lowest finish back then was 12th in the conference. What is this team, 11th?
I'd feel a lot better about all of this if we had a 2014 Cup in our rearview mirror. So I guess the dark ages at least had that 1994 cup relatively recently, at least when they first began.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Gotta say that losing Stepan and Girardi in the room has not helped McD. Those guys may have had their warts, but they were leaders that were never replaced.
No coincidence that when we went to the finals, we had MSL and Richards, and MSL the following year, where we were 1 period again from a finals appearance. We need veteran players with character that have won, to lead the way for the young guys that will make up the next core. I don't see many, if any leaders on this club presently, besides Hank of course

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Gotta say that losing Stepan and Girardi in the room has not helped McD. Those guys may have had their warts, but they were leaders that were never replaced.
No coincidence that when we went to the finals, we had MSL and Richards, and MSL the following year, where we were 1 period again from a finals appearance. We need veteran players with character that have won, to lead the way for the young guys that will make up the next core. I don't see many, if any leaders on this club presently, besides Hank of course
This should be the font of the boards. Two thumbs up!!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Newsflash--it's not just the coach. That's a team not playing with any pride. AV should not be coaching this team next year but I ain't going to feel sorry to see a lot of these players go out the door with him.

They're a frustrated team currently pretty decimated by injuries and that can't play the system the coach is insisting they play.

Blaming them for not "playing with pride" is kinda dumb. Not many players in any sport just go "yeah but I got PRIDE" and suddenly start kicking some ass when everything on the team is collapsing around them.

Reactions: Holocene
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad