Boston Bruins Boston Bruins Announce 2021 Development Camp Roster And Schedule

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Through no fault of his own, Harrison looked like a player who hasn’t appeared in meaningful games since 2019-2020. Now, considering that Harrison’s second-year tour in the OHL didn’t happen as a result of COVID-19, I’m not surprised that he looked the part of a green banana. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with just how well he acclimated during the week, especially when it came to his showings in net-front drills.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound center is stout and yet agile on his feet. Though his acceleration and first-step needs some tuning, Harrison still brings a vintage two-way, power-center game to the table whenever he’s on the ice. Harrison is more of a goal-scoring center than he is a playmaker, especially in-tight around the net and circles. Throughout the week, I’m certain he scored the most net-front and redirected goals amongst any other player on the ice. Harrison, ranked T-second (behind Mason McTavish, tied with Declan McDonnell) in goals amongst OHL rookies during 2019-2020, is a serious finisher around the net and incredibly hard to dislodge once he establishes his space.

Boston did really, really well with this pick as Harrison has exponential room for growth while having the benefactor of age on his side. Born in July of 2003, Harrison is one of the youngest players from his draft class with plenty of time to work on his first-step skating and acceleration as a whole. If he can do that—and I’m confident he can—we’re talking about a true two-way center in the NHL capable of making an impact almost anywhere in the top-nine grouping.

Report Card: A–*

*I think as a whole, his week warrants an A— on the report card. That said, he started a bit slow and I just couldn't hold that against him. The players he was up against and scrimmaging with have all played high-competition games last season for the most part. If he played last season and looked like this, I’d probably have gone B+ on him. Anyways, just providing some context here as I felt it would be unfair to Harrison if I knocked him for something out of his control. His tip-drill and net-front work is immaculate.

---------------------------------------

Here's a sneak peak from my development camp writeup. Should be done but the end of the weekend if not earlier. BTW, Harrison would have been a late first-round pick if he played last season, IMO. Superb value from a high-end ceiling type who simply fills the back of the net.

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
San Jose's camp is next week and I believe it's the last Development one of the Summer, I assume after that we'll hear where Petruzzelli ends up

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
San Jose's camp is next week and I believe it's the last Development one of the Summer, I assume after that we'll hear where Petruzzelli ends up
so do those unsigned kids get invites from different camps and try to find a team to call home with if, of course, the team offers them a deal? Sorry, don`t know much about the camp invite stuff

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
so do those unsigned kids get invites from different camps and try to find a team to call home with if, of course, the team offers them a deal? Sorry, don`t know much about the camp invite stuff
Yes , except we'll have to wait till March/April when out invites are done with the NCAA season, they'll either turn Pro or commit to another NCAA season...

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Unfortunately it appears he doesn’t post here much anymore but I believe @OneManIsNoMan catches Quinnipiac games and may have some insight on Petruzilla.

It's true I don't post much (really at all) here anymore, but that's different topic lol. I did see a good amount of KP at QU to your point though. Kind of reminds me of Vladar in that he's a big kid that is still a bit raw. Takes up a good amount of the net when down in the butterfly and like Swayman can shake of bad games/goals. Plays the puck really well for a goalie, but needs to work on rebound control, puck tracking and at times can get aggressive in his post to post slide and puts himself put of position.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It's true I don't post much (really at all) here anymore, but that's different topic lol. I did see a good amount of KP at QU to your point though. Kind of reminds me of Vladar in that he's a big kid that is still a bit raw. Takes up a good amount of the net when down in the butterfly and like Swayman can shake of bad games/goals. Plays the puck really well for a goalie, but needs to work on rebound control, puck tracking and at times can get aggressive in his post to post slide and puts himself put of position.

Come back and just ignore more uselessness :laugh:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I am not losing any sleep over this.
Realistically, where would Zech be on our depth chart now?
The Bruins must have liked Lyle and Wolff better.
Any update on Greenway...is he starting the season with Providence?
I think Zech was okay and good for depth, but yeah not a big loss.

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
I am not losing any sleep over this.
Realistically, where would Zech be on our depth chart now?
The Bruins must have liked Lyle and Wolff better.
Any update on Greenway...is he starting the season with Providence?
I'm told Greenway is testing free agency....but he also has a 2 year AHL contract with Providence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad