Mast
McFaul
Schmaltz
Svedeback
Steen

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I put Harrison on my top 10 even though he wasn’t dazzling like invitees like Ben Myers. Harrison turned 18 in June and Myers turns 23 in November.

Harrison looked pretty damn good for someone so young - at 23 I can see him a top 9 in the NHL.

The Bruins forwards overall

LW

Next 2 years it’s arguably with health the best in the NHL and I’m not including DeBrusk who appears is headed out to Arizona if they can figure out pick & prospect that accompany him

prospects wise we have 2 pretty good players who fit the blueprint of Boston Bruins
Lauko
Kuntar

Right Wing

it’s light but Lyell makes it promising and Studnicka offers an option

they do need to focus on this area in next years draft

Center

A lot depends on Dvorak but right now they have: Studnicka, Frederic, Hall, Harrison, Beecher

big 3 zone players

those who say they are a bunch of 5’9 dudes aren’t looking at their center depth

acquiring Dvorak makes this a solid at NHL level

Bergeron will soon be their 5’9 center I guess

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Thank you both, @DKH and @Saxon Eric, your observations and insight are greatly appreciated! As are those of @BruinsNetwork and all others who've provided the same. Looking forward to my 15 games in Providence this season and the next few years look to have some fun players to see grow there.
I appreciate it as well as Eric who has helped shape many of my opinions pointing things out - except he can’t get me to budge on Vaakanainen

I just can’t get his Finland U18 performance out of my mind

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I put Harrison on my top 10 even though he wasn’t dazzling like invitees like Ben Myers. Harrison turned 18 in June and Myers turns 23 in November.

Harrison looked pretty damn good for someone so young - at 23 I can see him a top 9 in the NHL.

The Bruins forwards overall

LW

Next 2 years it’s arguably with health the best in the NHL and I’m not including DeBrusk who appears is headed out to Arizona if they can figure out pick & prospect that accompany him

prospects wise we have 2 pretty good players who fit the blueprint of Boston Bruins
Lauko
Kuntar

Right Wing

it’s light but Lyell makes it promising and Studnicka offers an option

they do need to focus on this area in next years draft

Center

A lot depends on Dvorak but right now they have: Studnicka, Frederic, Hall, Harrison, Beecher

big 3 zone players

those who say they are a bunch of 5’9 dudes aren’t looking at their center depth

acquiring Dvorak makes this a solid at NHL level

Bergeron will soon be their 5’9 center I guess

Well…. That’s interesting.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Post Development Camp Top 10
1. Swayman
2. Lorhei
3. Lysell
4. Studnicka
5. Lauko
6. Beecher
7. Kuntar
8. Lyle
9. Hall
10. Langenbrunner

1-9 was fairly easy
10 was hard, I considered other's like Berglund but in the end Mason Langenbrunner has the highest upside
Frederic,Zboril Senyshyn I graduated
Vaakanainen didn't make the cut

SE what is your take on McFaul. IMO he played solid Buffalo prospects a few years back. Surprised he isn't getting much love.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
SE what is your take on McFaul. IMO he played solid Buffalo prospects a few years back. Surprised he isn't getting much love.
I think he's a good prospect but on my list I can't put him ahead of anybody else, he looks the part and he did have a decent camp but he hasn't shown the upside as say Langenbrunner has, keep in mind he has 2 more years at Clarkson followed by possibly 2 in Providence, lots can change in 4 years, at this point he looks to be a bottom pairing guy that kills penalties and kills off games, nothing wrong with that

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
You gotta be optimistic on Brett Harrison. He was one of the youngest guys in the draft and the youngest guy at development camp. The last time he played in the OHL he was 16-and-a-half, playing against 20 year olds.

You take Mason McTavish, who is 6 months older and the stat lines are similar (they play each other a lot). McTavish, Harrison and Shane Write were the only rookies in the league to score 20 goals. Heck even a guy like Allan McShane who played with Harrison is notable. He was 3 years older and is a player I like a lot and Harrison had 2 fewer goals in 4 fewer games. McShane was a 4th rounder a few years ago.

So with Harrison they've got a total wildcard but if he can improve his skating, he could be a good one.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
You gotta be optimistic on Brett Harrison. He was one of the youngest guys in the draft and the youngest guy at development camp. The last time he played in the OHL he was 16-and-a-half, playing against 20 year olds.

You take Mason McTavish, who is 6 months older and the stat lines are similar (they play each other a lot). McTavish, Harrison and Shane Write were the only rookies in the league to score 20 goals. Heck even a guy like Allan McShane who played with Harrison is notable. He was 3 years older and is a player I like a lot and Harrison had 2 fewer goals in 4 fewer games. McShane was a 4th rounder a few years ago.

So with Harrison they've got a total wildcard but if he can improve his skating, he could be a good one.
Tom Fergus comp, book it.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Not exactly. OHL teams are only allowed to dress 3 0veragers (20 year old players).

The average age in the OHL during the 2019-2020 season (Harrison's rookie season) was 18.7 years of age.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Not exactly. OHL teams are only allowed to dress 3 0veragers (20 year old players).

The average age in the OHL during the 2019-2020 season (Harrison's rookie season) was 18.7 years of age.

Not true, you can dress as many 20 year olds as you want after Jan 1, so long as their birthday is in the new year

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
So, with camp and the draft in our rear view, is it safe to say the cupboard has been restocked?

We've now got a blue chip prospect at each position; Swayman, Lohrei, Lysell.

We've got some good, close to NHL-ready prospects: Studnicka, Lauko, Lyle, Vaak, Ahcan.

We've got some intriguing guys in Providence: Hall, Keyser, Greenway, Berglund, Froden, Steen...

And a whole other tier of college and junior guys: Beecher, Kuntar, Harrison, Mast (Olson, Schmaltz, Duran, Gasseau, McFaul....)

“Stocked” is relative. More stocked compared to before the draft?…sure, us and 31 other teams. Stocked compared to the rest of the league? That debate will continue.

I like the sound of some of these newer guys. Hope to catch a few in Buffalo.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad