Confirmed with Link: Boston Bruins Acquire Ondrej Kase (RW) from ANA -- Backes On The Move!

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
FYI:

I get to see Axel play in Moncton regularly and I really think you didn’t give up anything in him. He’s very good defensively but his offense is very limited even for Junior hockey. A 19 year old second round pick on a top Junior Team should be putting up PPG+ but he isn’t even close.

He might be able to make it as an all-around #6/7D but he’s never getting off the bottom pairing unless something major happens in his development offensively.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I like it, if it’s part of a bigger play. Seriously though we are turning into smurfs. Does Sweeney need to be as tall as everyone on the team?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Kase is significantly faster, marginally better hands and a better shot. I think Bjork gets overrated around here. Kase is certainly a better player than Bjork, at least right now.

Holy crap! Then he must be McDavid level speed-wise because Bjork has a great set of wheels.

Reactions: Estlin

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
The more I think about this the more I actually like it. Kase is not going to be scoring eye popping point totals, but his underlying numbers are outstanding. If he stays healthy he could help Krejci and DeBrusk to become a lot more prolific 5v5 offensive players.

Personally I wouldn't expect any other major additions.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
I havent said this about a Sweeney move before... but I absolutely hate this. hope to hell he knows more about what happens next than I do because as of right this moment I got a sick feeling

not so much about kase… im ignorant about that player. im prepared to enjoy him. hope he will respond well to the new situation

but... retaining on backes is insane

giving up a first AND a quality prospect is overpayment

just... not happy at all as I sit here this moment

If you are self admittedly ignorant about the player we got back, how can you actually evaluate the trade and say you hate it? Makes no sense.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wonder if Anaheim will buy out Backes. If they did it’s a $1 million cap hit next year and $250k the year after for us according to cap friendly

I imagine well just have a 4th line of
Deslauries grant backes.

Hopefully backes can have a decent enough season that we can flip him as an expiring contract to a contender next year at deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad