Confirmed with Link: Boston Bruins Acquire Ondrej Kase (RW) from ANA -- Backes On The Move!

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Kase has actually produced like a top 6 player in 2 of his 4 seasons in the NHL, not "might put up .5 PPG", he's actually already done it.

20G 18A in 66 games in 2017-2018
11G 9A in 30 games in 2018-2019
and this year he's right around .5 PPG on a terrible Ducks team.

He's going to be put in to a position to succeed right away with Krejci I assume.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I havent said this about a Sweeney move before... but I absolutely hate this. hope to hell he knows more about what happens next than I do because as of right this moment I got a sick feeling

not so much about kase… im ignorant about that player. im prepared to enjoy him. hope he will respond well to the new situation

but... retaining on backes is insane

giving up a first AND a quality prospect is overpayment

just... not happy at all as I sit here this moment

he just added the space to deal for Krieder or Palmieri, providing Heinen is moving on and has a nice young winger on a nice deal.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
No brainer deal for Anaheim especially with the money retained. Not too shaken up over losing Anderson but a first rounder to save 3m in cap space is certainly pretty steep, no debating that.

Need Kase to contribute in a similar way to Johansson last year or it’s really not a good deal for Boston.

I do have a tough time believing Arizona wouldn’t have taken Backes in the off-season with a 2nd rounder attached so I’m hoping this turns into a bigger name coming in, perhaps flipping Kase for someone.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reading the tea leaves...

Kase replaces Heinen 2.8 mil or Bjorks raise next season,

Freed up 4.5 mil from Backes to fir Palmieri in here.

Kevan Miller and the Seidenberg and Beleskey numbers come off, adding 5.75 mil next season plus hopefully a raise in the cap....Give Krug 7 for long term and Debrusk 5.5 like Konecny.

Im thinking/hoping exactly the same Lou.
That its like a chess game. Gotta make sacrifices to keep making moves.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Lindholm out?
Doubtful, since he's able to play all three positions relatively competently. You know how Cassidy likes his utility players. If I had to guess, it would be Kuhlman, since he's waivers exempt. Probably not the player I'd pick performenace wise (THAT would probably be Lindholm), but such is the reality of the waivers exempt world. Same reason why Lauzon will probably go back down when Clifton come back from conditioning.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

member 96824

Reading the tea leaves...

Kase replaces Heinen 2.8 mil or Bjorks raise next season,

Freed up 4.5 mil from Backes to fir Palmieri in here.

Kevan Miller and the Seidenberg and Beleskey numbers come off, adding 5.75 mil next season plus hopefully a raise in the cap....Give Krug 7 for long term and Debrusk 5.5 like Konecny.

Don’s playing chess while the rest finger paint and Dubas eats a crayon

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I havent said this about a Sweeney move before... but I absolutely hate this. hope to hell he knows more about what happens next than I do because as of right this moment I got a sick feeling

not so much about kase… im ignorant about that player. im prepared to enjoy him. hope he will respond well to the new situation

but... retaining on backes is insane

giving up a first AND a quality prospect is overpayment

just... not happy at all as I sit here this moment

You must be much higher on Andersson than I am, he's been okay in my viewings, doubt he would ever make the Bruins given the sheer amount of defense prospects ahead of him in the pecking order.

Plays on an absolutely stacked Moncton team yet isn't putting up more than .5PPG in the Q while "only" being a +16, I say "only" because that really isn't much given that almost every dman on the team is over +20.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

We got a middle 6 winger and dont have to worry about the Backes contract any longer. Gave up a 1st (which I assumed was gone one way or another this year) and one of our prospects who probably wouldnt make an impact on the team for 3 more years.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Quality trade by Sweeney. He did a good job.

Still need to add a sure thing top 6 winger and hopefully some size.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I posted this on rumors/proposals on Feb 1st:

Best rumor out there about Backes is packaging him to Anaheim with either a draft choice or a prospect.
Kase a Rw is the likely return.

No matter ....we are going to chew up whatever is left on Backes mistake contract.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like the move on it’s own, but as I stated in the main boards Backes thread, I hope Kase isn’t “the answer” for the Bruins and there is a second move with Heinen/Bjork plus prospects upcoming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad