Pre-Game Talk: Boston at Montréal

Mynameismark*

The only fights Lucic wins are against non fighters.

I know it's cool to hate on him and all but this is simply not true.

Carkner, Neil, Sestito and a few others would be such evidence. And he's drawn with guys like Gazdic and Erskine(although lost to him as well)

Unfortunately, he still destroys anyone on our roster right now. Which is so frustrating.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
93_Figure_2.jpg

"I was born 26 years ago. For one year I've ruled as the Montreal Canadiens fourth line spark plug. These are the last hours of my reign as Habs player, and the final hours of my life"

230px-DaleWeise2014.png

rip

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Beaulieu being out is frustrating, but I think we can take this.

Just don't get caught up in the scrums and we can win.

Really excited :towel:

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Honestly I don't mind Tinordi over Beaulieu. NB is an offensive D-man but Tinordi has more career pts (in about the same # of games). Beaulieu is not helping the team at the moment as opposed to Tinordi who is more of a physical presence. We will need that vs Boston.

RIP Dale Weise! Just win, I don't care how just want to beat those ****ers.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
hate that beaulieu isn't playing, makes no sense.

i would rather struggle out of the gate, and let the young guys find their way...if it happens for a couple weeks, you can send him to the ahl and see if he can rebound.

It's a game the Habs want to win for more than psychological motives. How about first in the Atlantic division?

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Weise you were a beloved colleague, warrior and brother.

May God(or stand in) be your shepherd on the next leg of your journey.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
So pumped for tonight's game. Will be attending my first home opener. GHG!

The Habs home opener being with Boston, knocking them out of the playoffs after they win the President's Trophy. You are in for a Classic match my friend, those waiting for fisticuffs may be sorely dismayed. Lucic was interviewed by Pierre McGuire after the Detroit game tonight, he was quite aware it's the Habs home opener, fueling the importance to both teams of establishing themselves as the #1 in their division. The Habs winning will put them squarely at the top, Bruins win will tie them with the Habs. Should be explosive from the start of warmups right through until the End, get there early and don't miss any of the pre-game antics the Bruins are famous for.:nod: Does anyone find it strange that Chiarelli signed Simon Gagne before the Detroit game, giving him a chance to get action with Krejci And Lucic, a tuneup for the Habs game possibly. Seth Griffith was their other winger, another feisty forward with lots of game.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Weise you were a beloved colleague, warrior and brother.

May God(or stand in) be your shepherd on the next leg of your journey.

Wiese, don't you worry.

We'll put in a good word for you with Along The Board staffers -- they'll find a way to get you fake-traded to an NHL team that features players that Lucic actually fears. :sarcasm:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Hey guys, hoping for an awesome one tonight.

In case you don't know, Lucic has been terrible for us in the first 5 games. Hands down our worst player. So we're all hoping he's been saving the nasty (or anything positive) for tonight. If I'm the Habs I don't do anything to agitate him, because so far he's been about as disinterested as a 6m guy can get. Naturally I really hope the habs do make the mistake of agitating him, because we badly need our 1LW to start doing something.

Enjoy the game!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Hey guys, hoping for an awesome one tonight.

In case you don't know, Lucic has been terrible for us in the first 5 games. Hands down our worst player. So we're all hoping he's been saving the nasty (or anything positive) for tonight. If I'm the Habs I don't do anything to agitate him, because so far he's been about as disinterested as a 6m guy can get. Naturally I really hope the habs do make the mistake of agitating him, because we badly need our 1LW to start doing something.

Enjoy the game!

Didn't take long for "Don't poke the bear" to come out. :laugh:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
oaA7RMV_zps406a1848.jpg~original

IMO, it would be dumb for Lucic to engage in any extra-cirriculars tonight. He's been playing ridiculously timid starting off, and I suspect his wrist isn't 100% correct yet. We'll see if Milan uses his head tonight.

Enjoy the game, all.

So that's what? Bruin code for Milan will be headbutting?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad