Post-Game Talk: BOS @ WAS - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
That really shouldn’t be a penalty, but given the previous runs of Boston penalties I get it. Wasn’t really boarding, they were both going for the puck at the same time.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Yeah Hagelin got unlucky there. I’m honestly surprised those types of plays don’t happen more often given how common that situation is.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
... That makes us 12-10-3 vs the rest of the division.

EDIT: I understand now the implication being that we're 12-13, I just don't really consider OTL as being the same as a regulation loss so maybe that's my mistake.

I was looking at the Caps as 12-13, especially because the OTLs are all against Division opponents, giving them in those cases a point more than the Caps got from the same game.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Shots on goal don’t matter if you’re giving up low quality shots and taking high quality shots, which xG numbers indicate the Capitals do.

Look, the Caps have not played well at all the past week or so. Let’s just hold the breaks though. They were legitimately playing like a top 5 team in the league the past 2 months, both record wise and according to the analytics (which has not happened in a while). That’s not even taking into account their high end finishing ability. Let’s see how they’re playing in a few weeks. They weren’t going to keep playing at a 15-2 pace or whatever it was. Teams go through ebbs and flows. If this continues for another week or two then maybe it’s time to worry.
I think it doesn’t mean anything in one game but in a whole season I think it says a lot.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I’m not expecting any calls this period given the second. But I hate how kuzy can get interfered with like that. I would love to see the NHL crack down on those plays.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Carr just playing that Travis Boyd style "oh.... he played tonight?" style, where he's not making any egregious mistakes... but also, like why even bother?

Sprong is waaaaay more dangerous and versatile. In a pinch you can actually plug Sprong into multiple lines and he'd do okay.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Carr just playing that Travis Boyd style "oh.... he played tonight?" style, where he's not making any egregious mistakes... but also, like why even bother?

Sprong is waaaaay more dangerous and versatile. In a pinch you can actually plug Sprong into multiple lines and he'd do okay.
Maybe Sprong could be on the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad