Post-Game Talk: BOS @ WAS - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I would suggest the shots for and against stats for the season support my assertion. Find another contending team with such a deficit. It has gotten worse recently yes, perhaps an older team fatiguing.

On another note, we got what we deserved keeping Forsythe on as PP coach.
Shots on goal don’t matter if you’re giving up low quality shots and taking high quality shots, which xG numbers indicate the Capitals do.

Look, the Caps have not played well at all the past week or so. Let’s just hold the breaks though. They were legitimately playing like a top 5 team in the league the past 2 months, both record wise and according to the analytics (which has not happened in a while). That’s not even taking into account their high end finishing ability. Let’s see how they’re playing in a few weeks. They weren’t going to keep playing at a 15-2 pace or whatever it was. Teams go through ebbs and flows. If this continues for another week or two then maybe it’s time to worry.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Let’s be honest, Wilson hasn’t been very good for quite a while now.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
This is false. We have a losing record against only Pitt and NYR. ...

In my haste, I neglected to add the word 'combined' - The Caps' combined record against all teams not from Buffalo and NJ is a losing record.

I'm not a sky is falling poster. We've all seen Prez Trophy winners flame out, and mediocre teams including the Caps get hot at the right time. This group has a long way to go to get into the latter category.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
All I’m saying is you can’t judge our team based upon our record. Our record is inflated.

The GM cannot look at the standings and think we have what we need. Clearly, we don’t.
It's possible, I just don't think they're hot garbage if you consider the body of work.

Like I said earlier, at various points this season they've demonstrated they have all the various necessary pieces. The playoffs for every team is literally getting all those pieces functioning at the same time. It's a crapshoot, it's why some teams get hot late and make deep runs and why some dominant teams flame out in the first. I'm done really fretting about regular season hockey so long as we're in the the playoffs. I've seen all the parts needed to make a championship run, time will tell if they can actually consistently put those parts together.

I've watched this team in years past and thought to myself "I still haven't seen X piece at any point" I don't feel that way this year, I don't think any trade or immediate moves can improve them really. I'm okay with this being the squad we bring to the table in the PlOffs, I just think people are making much ado about a tired and old team taking games off when that was pretty inevitable.

And if I'm being real, I remember in 2018 the advance analytics HATED us for most of that season too... until they didn't. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad