Post-Game Talk: BOS @ WAS - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
We have 54 points. Half have come against two teams. Two terrible, terrible teams.

Im not saying we are a bad team, but this should be troubling.
Exactly. And we are in the bottom half in both expected goals for and expected goals against. But we are second in PDO. In other words we have had some pretty great puck luck and it is hard to sustain that long term.

Reactions: Misery74

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I'll admit that they're the oldest team in the league and have played hockey every other night more or less since January. I think it's pretty natural for them to probably start to get lazy at some point. I've yet to watch a season of hockey from any team ever that didn't get lazy and tired during a stretch in the season. I'll be concerned if they look like this with a week and a half left in the season, until then the mission is just to make the playoffs. There's not really that great of a difference to me between any of the 4 playoff seeds, I think Pit, NYI, and BOS all present different opportunities and challenges.
The issues in the defensive aren't from being tired. And it isn't something new to this team. They have been very inconsistent defensively since Trotz left.
The poor play in their own end is a trend.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Wonder if the coaching staff will have a coming to Jesus moment with the man to man defence.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
We have 54 points. Half have come against two teams. Two terrible, terrible teams.

Im not saying we are a bad team, but this should be troubling.
I'm not sure what you guys want. I could spend the time breaking down have every other first place team earned their points, but it's not worth the effort, I'll just tell you, they feast on the bottom dwellers and they battle out slightly above .500 records vs the good teams.

Also we have earned have our points vs two terrible teams because it's a shortened season and we've literally played the most games against THOSE teams. Can't earn points in games you haven't played. We've finished our series with NJD, we only have 2 games left vs. BUF. Are we now angry that the team won the games that they played against these teams? lol

But I mean, you guys just seem intent on throwing a pity party so who am I to dispute that.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I'm not sure what you guys want. I could spend the time breaking down have every other first place team earned their points, but it's not worth the effort, I'll just tell you, they feast on the bottom dwellers and they battle out slightly above .500 records vs the good teams.

Also we have earned have our points vs two terrible teams because it's a shortened season and we've literally played the most games against THOSE teams. Can't earn points in games you haven't played. We've finished our series with NJD, we only have 2 games left vs. BUF. Are we now angry that the team won the games that they played against these teams? lol

But I mean, you guys just seem intent on throwing a pity party so who am I to dispute that.
It’s not a pity party. It’s being realistic about the problems the team hasn’t fixed the past 2.5 years. We aren’t all just blind optimists.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
How does our pp coach still have a job and somehow stayed on this coaching staff?

this is such bad hockey, caps officially hit a funk

can’t score, bad in own zone, stupid penalties, stars gone mia

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This is false, but an excellent example of how this board operates by recency bias. Here is our record vs. this division this year. We only have a losing record against Pitt and NYR. We are 7-5-3 against the other playoff teams in our division. That's very good for this division.

1.WSH
2. NYI Record vs. 3-2
3. Pitt Record vs. 2-1-3
4. Bos. Record v.s 2-2
5. Phi Record vs.3-1
6. NYR Record vs. 2-3
7. NJD Record vs. 8-0
8. Buf Record vs. 5-0-1
I would suggest the shots for and against stats for the season support my assertion. Find another contending team with such a deficit. It has gotten worse recently yes, perhaps an older team fatiguing.

On another note, we got what we deserved keeping Forsythe on as PP coach.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Our PP is built around getting Ovi a one-timer, if you can't do that consistently it's time to switch it up.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017

All I’m saying is you can’t judge our team based upon our record. Our record is inflated.

The GM cannot look at the standings and think we have what we need. Clearly, we don’t.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I would suggest the shots for and against stats for the season support my assertion. Find another contending team with such a deficit. It has gotten worse recently yes, perhaps an older team fatiguing.

On another note, we got what we deserved keeping Forsythe on as PP coach.
Exactly. You look at all the other advanced stats and the top teams are Colorado, Tampa, Florida, Carolina, Vegas...all the contenders. And then you look at us and we are in the lower half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad