Confirmed Trade: [BOS/OTT] Mike Reilly for 2022 3rd round pick

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Not offended at all

But at least be accurate... how is he not good?

Looked good tonight. 19pts in 40 games also. Was that all fluky?

He has a lot of generous opportunities on a team with no depth. He had his periods of good play but also had more than his fair share of mistakes.

You can check the game threads for the sort of reactions he gets. Constantly pinned in his own zone for extended periods.

We picked him up for a 5th a year ago and I don't really think his play has miraculously improved since then.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Not offended at all

But at least be accurate... how is he not good?

Majority of Sens fans telling you he isn’t. Don’t get offended that your team possibly acquired someone who isn’t good. Maybe on a systematic team like Boston they can bring out his good qualities while hiding his bad resulting into net positive; kinda like STL does for some of their players. But Reilly is absolutely not “good”. He is the type of player to have high peaks of play but then pull of the dumbest decision you have ever seen unpressured. Like Chris Campoli. Like Bondra above said, he gets traded for future considerations and I’m still over the moon.

I love Boston’s play. They’re one of few teams I really enjoy and want to see win the cup. And I was upset they traded for him— I hope Reilly isn’t a detriment to your team and you guys go far. Maybe sheltered in Boston system he thrives. I hope so.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Majority of Sens fans telling you he isn’t. Don’t get offended that your team possibly acquired someone who isn’t good. Maybe on a systematic team like Boston they can bring out his good qualities while hiding his bad resulting into net positive; kinda like STL does for some of their players. But Reilly is absolutely not “good”. He is the type of player to have high peaks of play but then pull of the dumbest decision you have ever seen unpressured. Like Chris Campoli. Like Bondra above said, he gets traded for future considerations and I’m still over the moon.

I love Boston’s play. They’re one of few teams I really enjoy and want to see win the cup. And I was upset they traded for him— I hope Reilly isn’t a detriment to your team and you guys go far. Maybe sheltered in Boston system he thrives. I hope so.
He plays like he did last night and he's going to be embraced by the fanbase.

He was excellent with Kevan Miller last night and had 5 shots and was overall rock solid.

Helps that he played under Claude Julien in Montreal as our D style is still very similar to the one Claude uses.

So far, we are happy here in Boston.

Ottawa can enjoy the 3rd round pick. Maybe that will be more successful than what they did with the 2nd rounder we dealt them back in 2011.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He plays like he did last night and he's going to be embraced by the fanbase.

He was excellent with Kevan Miller last night and had 5 shots and was overall rock solid.

Helps that he played under Claude Julien in Montreal as our D style is still very similar to the one Claude uses.

So far, we are happy here in Boston.

Ottawa can enjoy the 3rd round pick. Maybe that will be more successful than what they did with the 2nd rounder we dealt them back in 2011.

Also his was only minus 2 on the Sens compared to Chabot's - 22, while being only 7 pts behind him. Just to add to that the Bruins are very happy with the former Sens pick Curtis Lazar. The last 2 yrs have been his best years of his career. He was never the big point producer that he was thought to be but he can play anywhere in the bottom six.

Reactions: rocketdan9

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Reilly is a bi polar player...he has some skill and can look really smooth one play, then the next shift he gets bogus confidence and thinks he's the next Bobby Orr complicating simple plays leading to brutal turnovers. I wasn't a fan of his, but he was playing well up until this trade for a little while now, can't really complain about the trade either side imo.

Reactions: b in vancouver

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Looks real good for the B’s

Yeah its weird that people were saying a third is an overpayment. He will still have brain farts and look like trash some nights, but all in all he's really solidified his game this season. This could end up being a steal for the Bruins if he keeps it together.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The Bruins had 10 games of overlap between Orr & Park... 4 seasons with Park & Bourque... and then a 6 year dryspell between Bourque and Chara. After 14 long years in Boston, Chara left this off-season for the Capitals.

First, there was nothing. And then - there was Reilly.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
The Bruins had 10 games of overlap between Orr & Park... 4 seasons with Park & Bourque... and then a 6 year dryspell between Bourque and Chara. After 14 long years in Boston, Chara left this off-season for the Capitals.

First, there was nothing. And then - there was Reilly.

Oh.... Rielly! ;)

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Reilly showed some flashes in his time in MTL but couldn't put together consistently. Great skater. Glad to see him doing well.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
This kid has been very good for Boston already. Overpay? Hahahaha

To be fair, we're talking about 1 assist in a grand total of 2 games.

I hope Reilly works out for another team. He has all the tools without the brain.

I do imagine he'll look better on a better team. That shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad