Confirmed Trade: [BOS/OTT] Mike Reilly for 2022 3rd round pick

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
He's said recently he'd prefer to stay and likes it here. Opinion of him tanked after some egregious brain farts early in the season but improved a lot as it went on. Good skater and I don't think it's as big as an overpayment as some think on here.

Yup. If he plays like he did in ottawa, Bruins fans will be pleasantly surprised. He skates well and can move the puck.

Reactions: The don godfather

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Outside of the first two weeks of the season he has been playing pretty well. Not just in a sheltered role either, he has had some tough matchups and playing a role on the PK. Could have a positive impact. At his best when he is uses his skating and not overthinking.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought this was supposed to be a buyers market?
Go watch Sakic do it. His first goalie rental is 3-0-1 with a shutout, a win allowing one goal and a win allowing 2 goals.

it’s a buyers market when he’s adding.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Honestly, as a Sens fan, I'd be okay if he came back next year on a one year deal. I like him with Zub when he got better with a regular partner.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Mike Reilly passed Morgan Rielly as the best Re/illey in the division this year. Good deal for the Bruins.

Reactions: Blowfish

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Its a fine deal. Anyone saying overpayment is a donkey. 2nd rounder sure overpayment.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
His Cap is only 1.5 million, get Kulikov as the steady stay at home guy and a scorer.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
You'd think that Boston had traded a 1st for him the way some people are going on here. The difference between a 3rd and a 5th round in terms of talent/odds they make an impact in the NHL is not that great and by some accounts at least, he has been playing better.

With everyone back healthy if he slides into 3rd pairing I'm fine with that, if he ends up taxi squad material I can live with that too. Boston badly needs defensemen right now, but they shouldn't sell the farm to fill the holes either, since they don't need to if everyone's healthy/ready to play.

It's probably a small overpayment, but It's not the end of the world.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
You'd think that Boston had traded a 1st for him the way some people are going on here. The difference between a 3rd and a 5th round in terms of talent/odds they make an impact in the NHL is not that great and by some accounts at least, he has been playing better.

He is a player who wasn't good enough long term to play LD on Montreal. He has been "inconsistent" is the nice word on Ottawa. A 3rd seems like a steep overpayment. Not that I'm complaining. :D

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Good on Reilly for still having an NHL career. I was sure he was done after Montreal gave up on him.

I mean, if you can't beat Mete and Kulak for a position, something's wrong.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
aoyrpgcr3gjy.png

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Anyone that says this is an overpayment hasn't seen Reilly play recently. With a sound defensive partner he is great. Ottawa loses this trade easily. Should have resigned the guy for at least a season or two. That third has such a low chance of making it to the NHL Good move Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad