Confirmed Trade: [BOS/NJD] Marcus Johansson (40% retained) for 2019 2nd round pick and 2020 4th round pick

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
well, they're not teenagers, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Yeah. You'd have to be a teenager to dislike someone who lounged his elbow in your face, giving you a concussion that could've been career-ending, and affected the rest of your life (look at Franzén) - and without even happening in a battle for the puck or even in a hockey play.

Yup.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The Bruins 2nd line is a threat every time their on the ice now. Love this trade!

I think this was one of the better additions at the deadline, especially for the price. Johannson had been playing really well for NJ leading up to the trade deadline and could be a force in the playoffs as long as he can stay healthy. Devils still managed to get a decent return for him as well - will be interesting to see if they try to resign him this offseason or go another direction. Would personally like to see him back at the right price. Sucks his time in NJ was hampered by injuries, but obtaining him for a mid-2nd and late 3rd and getting a late 2nd & 4th at the deadline after a year and a half of service isn't a bad return. That Boston-Toronto first round matchup is going to be insane, even though it's ridiculous one of the top 4 teams in the league (as of today's standings) will have to be eliminated in the 1st round (and the other likely gets banged up and moves on to play the best team in the league) thanks to the NHL's playoff format.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don’t like that folks are kicking Donato in the way out. I hoped for him to turn into Hoffman with a better all around game. That’s a good player. But a support player.

I don't consider Donato a bust or anything,

but
a) I don't consider him a top prospect in this league,
and
b) I don't think he would have ever gotten the chance to break out in Boston as he has in Minny, they've traded Granlund/Coyle/Nino out while Boston has Marchand/DeBrusk/Heinen fighting with him on Lw.

I have no issues moving forward with Coyle over Donato.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I haven't watched the games. How has johansen been for the bruins?
He's been great.

The points will come, but he's played a solid game in all three zones, and has made that second line withKrejci and Debrusk a legitimate threat everty time they are on the ice. Something that was missing for a vast majority of the season.

The interesting aspect of this deal is the trickle down it will have once Pastrnak is back.

Do they slot Pastrnak back with Marchand and Bergeron, move Heinen to his off wing and stick him on third line LW with Coyle? Heinen has looked like an entirely different player since moving up with Bergeron.

Do they put Pasta with Krejci and move MoJo to Coyle's wing?

Lot's of interesting potential line combos.

Bruins went from having one elite line, a streaky second line, no third line, and a good forth line, to potentially having four very good lines.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Enough with Donato, this is about Mojo. He has been great, speed, instant chemistry with his linemates. Hope they get him on the PP and get Backes off. Marcus is going help slot everyone in the right spot, making this team even better. Putting him or Heinen on the 2nd or 3rd line when Pasta comes back gives them depth and options.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Wow a height joke - how original. Why don't you throw out a nose joke too. :shakehead Hey here's something to chew on - Marchand has more assists ( 49 ) than the Devil's leading scorer has points. Now that's funny. :laugh:

Marchand is a talented player, but the cheap shots are unnecessary on his part, and aren't worth defending. If you want to trade barbs, you are stuck with referencing hockey ability, while others can suggest you are cheering for a sociopath. Be glad you have a good team to root for and they may make some noise in the playoffs.

Reactions: crossbownerf

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Marchand is a talented player, but the cheap shots are unnecessary on his part, and aren't worth defending.

I wasn't defending his cheap shots at all. Every Bruin fan out there hates it when Marchand does something stupid to get suspended. This is not a 4th line goon we are talking about here but one of the best all-around players in the entire league. So when he misses time he does nothing but hurt the team.

Be glad you have a good team to root for and they may make some noise in the playoffs.

I am and they will. :thumbu:

Reactions: My3Sons

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Yeah.

You only hate it due to him being suspended and making your team weaker.

Gee - I didn't realize your team was full of Saints. How's the view from up there anyway ????

dalida-clipart-9.jpg

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Wow a height joke - how original. Why don't you throw out a nose joke too. :shakehead Hey here's something to chew on - Marchand has more assists ( 49 ) than the Devil's leading scorer has points. Now that's funny. :laugh:
Nah, Marchand's got a Roman nose...its romas all over his face!

See the Devs can change that, Brad's always gonna be a hobbit and that honker ain't ever gettin smaller. Enjoy MoJo and pipe down.

Reactions: crossbownerf

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
As a Devils fan, id kill to have A GUY LIKE Marchand on my team. Not afraid to go to the dirty areas and be physical and also put up points. He definitely crosses the line, but he fills multiple roles. I would like the Devils to pursue a guy like Wayne Simmonds in the off-season. Not afraid to get physical and can put up points. Would be great on a line with Nico and Hall. Let the two of them get the puck to the net and let Simmonds clean it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad