Trade: [BOS/LAD] Mookie Betts and David Price for Alex Verdugo, Jeter Downs, and Connor Wong

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
the marlins gutted their entire roster after winning in 97

They did, but management stuck around for a couple years after. I don't know if a team has ever got rid of all 3 so soon after winning.

Just heard an interesting idea: Now that Price is off the books in Boston, they may go hard after Betts next offseason when he hits free agency

Barstool Sports

They can try providing LA does not get him signed, but they did also trade him even though he wanted to stay.

Hell, didn't they do it when they won the second time too?

They did but guys like Castillo, Lowell and Beckett were still around for a couple more years.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Red Sox are being cheap here but one cannot not say that FSG doesnt know how to run a sporting organization. With the Red Sox luck, they will get another World Series in the next few years.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I doubt he makes the free agency.

Also does not seem like the relationship between Betts and Boston is super peachy. He was looking to test the market originally and since then the Red Sox have fires their manager and are going through a scandal investigation. Don’t see why he’d be clamouring to head back.

And yes, LAD were one of the front runners to make a big pitch for Betts in FA so they’ll have the year to woo him and lock him up. They have the money and the space to do it.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I don't think Boston got enough, but then again Price had negative value and Betts probably walks in the offseason.

Graterol probably winds up a hard throwing reliever.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The media is talking about the Clint Capela trade more than this one. MLB has fallen off hard.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Anyone else think the trade is being held up by MLB's investigation of the 2018 Red Sox?

I know there weren't any player punishments (for whatever reason) when the Astros got burned, but what if that changes with this next investigation? Who's to say MLB doesn't hand down a suspension to Betts, and that's what the Dodgers are waiting on?

Seems odd that this deal still hasn't been finalized, three days later.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Anyone else think the trade is being held up by MLB's investigation of the 2018 Red Sox?

I know there weren't any player punishments (for whatever reason) when the Astros got burned, but what if that changes with this next investigation? Who's to say MLB doesn't hand down a suspension to Betts, and that's what the Dodgers are waiting on?

Apparently it's one of the prospect's physicals holding it up.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Eh...ESPN turned into the NBA network years ago. I wouldn't put much stock in them.
Okay, but even the Canadian sports networks haven't really covered it.

NBA just seems so ahead of the pack everywhere. This was not the case 15-20 years ago.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Boston is unhappy with Graterol because medical evaluation showed damage to his shoulder, i believe, which would make him a reliever instead of a starter

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

They certainly could, but it would be horsecrap to punish BoSox players and not Astros players. It would cause a huge stir.

Boston is unhappy with Graterol because medical evaluation showed damage to his shoulder, i believe, which would make him a reliever instead of a starter

Henry knows he got hosed and is just trying to get something else to keep the fan mob away.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
They certainly could, but it would be horsecrap to punish BoSox players and not Astros players. It would cause a huge stir.

Henry knows he got hosed and is just trying to get something else to keep the fan mob away.
They don’t need to care about the fan mob. There are to many pink hat fans in Boston that will go to Fenway regardless.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad