Trade: [BOS/LAD] Mookie Betts and David Price for Alex Verdugo, Jeter Downs, and Connor Wong

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
All it took to get Betts was Maeda and Verdugo? Ignoring the money

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i think the twins might be the biggest losers in this trade

giving up their #3 prospect for kenta maeda

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
i think the twins might be the biggest losers in this trade

giving up their #3 prospect for kenta maeda

prospects are just that- prospects.

you never know how they will pan out.

plus, the Twins need arms. They have a 300 HR team and signed Josh Donaldson. Why not get guys to surround Berrios and Odorizzi in the rotation?

I like what MIN did.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What an awful trade by Boston :laugh: Henry is so dumb... wants to slash payroll and then gives away his best player for a minimal return.

Dodgers get a top 5 player for not much in terms of prospect capital.

If they can re-sign Mookie.... Belinger-Seager-Betts is quite the core to build around.

Is BOS sending 48 M to cover Price's remaining 96 M confirmed?

Its hasnt been confirmed, but its likely. No other way for the Shit Sox to get out of that contract.

The Red Sox have had the highest payroll in baseball for a few years now.

Red Sox inferiority complex strikes again :laugh:

(that was about the post you quoted btw, not you)

If Betts wont sign longterm deal with LAD then I dont think this is good deal for Dodgers

Why not? Dodgers get a top player for a full season at minimum. Gave up prospects with potential but they could easily amount to nothing. Plus with their deep pockets I'm sure they can afford to keep him if he decides to stay.

Really they gave up a middle of rotation starter plus one of their better prospects and gained a 6-10 win player.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

plus, the Twins need arms. They have a 300 HR team and signed Josh Donaldson. Why not get guys to surround Berrios and Odorizzi in the rotation?

I like what MIN did.
Bingo. Maeda is an upgrade on most of their rotation, and they need to win now.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

I like what MIN did.
Well, yeah...But giving up one of your best prospects for a mediocre return is not a good move. Just because you need pitching shouldn't mean having bad asset management in return.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So in 18 months the Red Sox got rid of the GM and coach from their championship team and now their best player.

That has to be almost unprecedented no?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
So in 18 months the Red Sox got rid of the GM and coach from their championship team and now their best player.

That has to be almost unprecedented no?
the marlins gutted their entire roster after winning in 97

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just heard an interesting idea: Now that Price is off the books in Boston, they may go hard after Betts next offseason when he hits free agency

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad