Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Jake DeBrusk signs extension with the Bruins (2 years, $4M AAV)

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Is 4M a decent contract for DeBrusk? I cant help but think he may have had more on free agency

Yeah I think for a 20-25 goal scorer entering his prime the Bruins would keep that contract and have him continue to play in the top six.

Having said that, his agent had permission to talk to teams about an extension so someone has told Boston 'we'll take him at 4x2' and now I'd expect a trade very soon. Hoping it's for Domi.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Rutherford said he wants a faster, bigger team and the Bruins need a RW so it would make sense. I'm not a huge Garland fan and their numbers are similar this year so I don't think the Bruins would be adding much (or I wouldn't).

I wouldn’t trade Garland for DeBrusk, sounds horrible for Van

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Looks like this season is an outlier too… 9 of his 26 points are in a 5 game stretch.
He's always been streaky, the same with almost every 20g scorer.
He also went from a bottom six to a top six role in that stretch.
Streaky 35-45 pts player that averages 20g+

1647875846248.png

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He has played primarily with Haula and Coyle this year, neither has once played 4th line center. He may have dropped to the 4th line for a couple games but saying he paced 15 goals there is quite the bend of truth

Players spending their time on the bottom two lines with little to no impactful PP time are rarely 15-20 goal scorers especially with his common line mates. Hoping this helps to clarify without bending the truth!

For additional accuracy, Haula played so poorly at that role he was benched several games. He only has seen success in the 2C role this season. Context matters.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Name a team that:
Has a spot at top-six LW
Is out of the playoffs
Will want to re-tool rather than rebuild
Has trouble getting people to sign contracts

Answer: Winnipeg Jets

The Bruins could fit in Copp and Stastny.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Because Jake Debrusk signed for 2 years at $4m per gets a better return than a Jake Debrusk going into RFA at the end of the season
Why? He's an RFA, the other team would, in theory, be able to sign him to whatever contract they want without any real fear of losing him.

Ledge And Dairy

Players spending their time on the bottom two lines with little to no impactful PP time are rarely 15-20 goal scorers especially with his common line mates. Hoping this helps to clarify without bending the truth!

For additional accuracy, Haula played so poorly at that role he was benched several games. He only has seen success in the 2C role this season. Context matters.
Players on the 3rd line even with little to no PP time can pretty commonly be 15 goal scorers. Especially on good teams like Boston. He's a middle 6 winger and that's where he's played the majority of the season

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The team getting DeBrusk will have him on a fair contract. He's averaged 22 goals/43 points, only 25.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think $4M for what DeBrusk brings is fair. Some team with an open slot in the top-six will make a go with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad