Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Jake DeBrusk signs extension with the Bruins (2 years, $4M AAV)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Less than his qualifying offer, so yes, it helps.
Sure it is. But it's only $400K savings on the QO and teams were already balking at that.

Just seems like it he really wanted to get traded, he'd take slightly less. I wouldn't want him for $4M after he demanded a traded.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I think this was done to have him locked into a set number and term for a club trading for him. Time will tell, otherwise the timing is a tad weird

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Probably not tradable now…nobody can afford to pay a bad middle 6 with attitude that much

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Jake pots his 21st of the season on a $4.0 million two year deal. Fastest guy on the ice in NYI earlier in the week.

If he hits 25 is he suddenly on a good deal as a 25-30 goal scorer?

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Sure it is. But it's only $400K savings on the QO and teams were already balking at that.

Just seems like it he really wanted to get traded, he'd take slightly less. I wouldn't want him for $4M after he demanded a traded.
gives up arbitration rights and the award from the arbiter can't be less than the qualifying offer. His value in a trade for the Bs only goes higher as he is producing on his off wing which he has never looked comfortable playing at before this point.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm not so sure he gets moved in the off-season and I wouldn't be surprised if he rescinds his trade request and sticks around, which was Sweeney's preference to begin with. DeBrusk is a smart kid, so I'm sure he realizes that profesionally, Boston is the best place for him and his next contract ( after the one he just signed ). I don't think another team has a spot for him on the top line playing with two elite players that will help boost his numbers. Whatever DeBrusk's issues are, they were personal and it seems like he's working thru them. With the way he's playing right now, he should hit 25+ goals again.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Debrusk had 14 points last year. Boeser had 23 goals and 49 points. Of course people would be nervous to give Debrusk 4 million per

The Covid year took it's personal toll on so many good players and given his production in previous years as well as this year it's looking like an outlier more than an accurate look at the player.

On the other hand, Boeser's scoring and speed seem to be declining each year.

My point is, these two are a lot closer in value than what people seem to put on here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad