Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] F David Pastrnak signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $11.25M AAV)

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
And MacKinnon should have gotten more than surpassing McDavid's aav by $100K which will have been in effect for 5 years already and look at what Mack has done over those 5 seasons. Just the reality of the NHL, vs say the NFL where each QB who is up is looking to surpass the prior guys. And the NBA, once the new league year begins, you see a dozen Max and Supermax contracts for over $40 mill per season. Those guys don't care too much about hieracrchy of players. They get what they can for themselves.

If the Player is happy with their money, that's all that matters. $90 mill over 8 years. If he doesn't sign with Boston, he'd be looking at like $85 mill over 7 years to land at $12.15 mill and bank on getting $5 mill when he's a 35 year old UFA when this deal expires.

I see two equal players. One took a discount to help his team. And look how the Bruins loaded up.

The other took the highest pay in the league for ego reasons and his team traded for the corpse of Lars Ellerson since they have no cap room. They went right out and got ripped to literal shreds by New Jersey.

The greed and ego of these players prevents them from forming a winning team.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I see two equal players. One took a discount to help his team. And look how the Bruins loaded up.

The other took the highest pay in the league for ego reasons and his team traded for the corpse of Lars Ellerson since they have no cap room. They went right out and got ripped to literal shreds by New Jersey.

That’s the first problem

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
just don't see NHLers jumping past one another to reset the bar. In the NFL is Lamar Jackson better than Mahomes? No. But, that's not stopping him from trying to secure a bigger contract than him. Ditto for Watson last year.

NHLers for the most part, rarely push the envelope at the top of the pay scale.
the top of the NHL pay scale doesn’t bring home championships.

Reactions: 1989

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
Doubt it, that is Matthews/MacKinnon level of ch%
Hes been every bit as good as Mackinnon has ever been this season, while also being one of the only top UFAs available. He would have easily got $12M

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Cap is going up to 87-88 though

11.25 is the new 8-9m. The next generation of Crosby/Mcdavid will be making 13-14m+
To save your bad math and go by cap%. This contract puts him just ahead of Marner at 12th highest.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They got their moneys worth and then some on the last deal, good for him to cash in.

Drafting him in the late 1st round was a great parting gift from Chia.

Mar 26, 2010
Amazing player worry every penny. The guy is a winner.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I love how the nhl and their stupid media have groomed the fans to think a player making 11m who deserves more, is somehow a bad thing.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019

''The greed and ego of these players prevents them from forming a winning team.''
If you want a player to take less than he can get so you, a fan, can be happy, then you are the greedy one. The players work their whole life for this moment and you want them to make you happy.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Deserved deal but still quite a bit
Hope we can use this to keep Dubois' next AAV down since he's not nearly as good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad