Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] F David Pastrnak signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $11.25M AAV)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Brad Marchand, after signing for 8.39% of the cap (equivalent to 6.92M X 8) after hitting a career high 61 points at age 27.

This jealous forced anti narrative is not well timed. Judging Marchand's worth on points alone is lazy at best considering there are variables such as Claude hockey and lack of PP time.... Marchand's point stands.

Doubt it, when Gaudreau got 9.75M as a UFA last season
Pastrnak is 14x the player Gaudreau is...

Going to be tough to live up this deal when Marchand and Bergeron are gone
Krejci and Zacha?

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
This jealous forced anti narrative is not well timed. Judging Marchand's worth on points alone is lazy at best considering there are variables such as Claude hockey and lack of PP time.... Marchand's point stands.

Pastrnak is 14x the player Gaudreau is...

Krejci and Zacha?
Yeah I don't get that people haven't bothered to even look. Pasta doesn't play with Marchand and Bergeron plus Marchand isn't retiring any time soon.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
What are you talking about? Marchand, Bergeron and DeBrusk is the top line. can you at least google shit?
What's so complicated with what I said?

Marchand-Bergeron-Debrusk
Zacha-Krecji-Pasta
That's your current top 6. When Marchand and Bergeron are done, wouldn't Zacha-Krecji-Pasta become the top line who has to face top competition? Will Pasta be as good without Bergeron and Marchand taking the harder competition?

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

Zacha-Krecji-Pasta
That's your current top 6. When Marchand and Bergeron are done, wouldn't Zacha-Krecji-Pasta become the top line who has to face top competition? Will Pasta be as good without Bergeron and Marchand taking the harder competition?
No. When are Marchand and Bergeron done? Does the 1st line retire together? You think Pasta doesnt face top competition? Your post isnt complicated, its dumb, and shows basic lack of knowledge of the Bruins situation

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Zacha-Krecji-Pasta
Pretty sure Krecji is going to be done before Marchand.

Bruins are obviously going to have to rebuild, but they'll have some great foundational pieces to do so with Pastrnak/McAvoy/Lindholm/probably Ullmark.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Pasta is better
Without question Pasta is better than Goudreau! And somehow I just knew Pasta wasn't going to bounce as a UFA and leave an extremely good situation he's in with the Bruins! He's paid appropriately for what he brings to the B's and for being one of the top players in the league !!

Reactions: CDJ

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Pastrnak is arguably better this year but when healthy they are pretty even.

I don’t think that’s true. Pasta’s great but he hasn’t consistently produced as well as MacKinnon (and isn’t this year either), nor is he as good of a play driver and he doesn’t have the same history of playoff production. I think their cap hits are a pretty accurate reflection of how they’re valued in relation to one another. I don’t think it’s fair to say Pasta is the one taking the discount for his team. Both took fair value contracts and both could have gotten more on the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Montecristo

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Overpaid obviously but then again so are all NHL players, good for him I guess not so sure it's good for Boston as a team even if he is very good.

I wouldnt consider it overpaid and i wouldnt consider it team friendly either. Hes the most productive right wing in the league and hes the highest paid right wing in the league. But not the highest paid forward, not the highest paid wing. I guess if the argument is that all players are overpaid then your right but hes being paid market value, maybe a hair less then market value. I wouldnt say this is a great deal for boston, its just a fair deal for both sides. Boston paid a high price for a highly productive player. Not an earth shattering take but kind of the facts

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Zacha-Krecji-Pasta

Krejci will be the first of Marchand, Bergeron and Krejci to retire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad