Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] F David Pastrnak signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $11.25M AAV)

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I really hate you boston. always signing players to cheap deals

screw you pasta's agent. should have gone for like 14 AAV or something

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Okay you have me convinced that people who get paid 10 million+ per year for chasing abit of rubber are not overpaid.
Good job not putting anything into perspective. Guys making league minimum make more in a season than most of us could ever dream of but that's not how you judge contracts. I hate to tell you but if you this this is overpaid you should look at some basketball or baseball contracts. Your mind will explode

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Can't say I am Bruins fan by any means but I do like Pasta and I always like seeing players stay with an organization.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
No. When are Marchand and Bergeron done? Does the 1st line retire together? You think Pasta doesnt face top competition? Your post isnt complicated, its dumb, and shows basic lack of knowledge of the Bruins situation
This year or the next for Bergeron.
2 years for Krecji
3 years for Marchand

I like to see how Pasta will be worth 11.5M when these guys are gone

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I really hate you boston. always signing players to cheap deals

screw you pasta's agent. should have gone for like 14 AAV or something
Huh? This contract is fair. It's not a steal, it's right about what he's worth. Top tier player and is finally paid like one.

Reactions: CDJ

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Without question Pasta is better than Goudreau! And somehow I just knew Pasta wasn't going to bounce as a UFA and leave an extremely good situation he's in with the Bruins! He's paid appropriately for what he brings to the B's and for being one of the top players in the league !!
I agree 100%

No doubt he was gonna stay

Gifu

Dec 17, 2021
Mack's career average: 0.38 gpg 1.05 ppg
Pastrnak's career average: 0.49gpg 1.03 ppg

Pastrnak is arguably worth more. They are at the very least the approximate same tier.
The center is a much more important position than the winger.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
lol they're paying him almost as much as McJesus.

welcome to cap hell in 2 years Boston.

it's what everyone says every year about some team with some big signing.

what's your alternative plan, let him walk in free agency for zero return and watch some other team sign him for that or more and listen to you bitch about that teams cap 'hell' in 2 years?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
This year or the next for Bergeron.
2 years for Krecji
3 years for Marchand

I like to see how Pasta will be worth 11.5M when these guys are gone

People have been predicting Cap Hell and/or the demise of the Bruins for the last decade. How'd that work out for them? You'd be smart to learn from their mistakes.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Mack's career average: 0.38 gpg 1.05 ppg
Pastrnak's career average: 0.49gpg 1.03 ppg

Pastrnak is arguably worth more. They are at the very least the approximate same tier.

In fairness, Mack had an oddly slow start to his career. I think that anyone locking up their guys now before the cap starts going way up are lucky as these contract will look like steals by the time Matthews/McDavid/Drai get their new deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad