Trade: [BOS/CHW] Chris Sale to Boston for Moncada, Kopech, Basabe and Diaz

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Robles stats don't seem to show much power ,, Anyone more familiar with him want to tell me if I am wrong?

Also Giolito already having TJ surgery is concerning

Honestly if there is only Robles , Giolito and a minor piece coming back then Sox did not do well

Robles is the exact type of prospect we've been lacking in our system. Someone with solid plate presence, speed, hits for contact, rock solid in the field, a gun for a arm and won't try to hit the long ball every other at bat.

Giolito did have TJ surgery in 2012 but has pitched real well since and scouts are adamant he has the highest ceiling of any pitcher in the minors.

Getting a 22 year old who has #1 potential and a 19 year old all around stud in Robles seems like a pretty solid foundation for a trade IMO. If Hahn can add someone like Soto as well and a couple of other prospects, I don't see how this could be a bad thing.

The market dictates our return and teams are unwilling to move their young MLB ready studs, so the next best thing is what Washington has to offer IMO. Maybe the leaked rumour was to force a team like the Astros to give up Bregman for example?

At the end of the day, Sale needs to get moved in order for the White Sox to move forward and rebuild properly. They do have a couple of pieces and adding to that pool of youth is the right thing to do since this franchise has been spinning in mud, with Sale nonetheless, for several years now and having some type of direction is better then trying to "patch" a shaky roster IMO.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Dombrowski is like a kid who play a lot of video games.

I can't believe Kopech is real - this kid throw 100 MPH as a starter almost every time.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Good return for the White Sox. Much better than making Bradley the center piece in the deal.

Nats looking like big losers so far this offseason. Will be even worse if they panic and overpay for McCutchen.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Nats looking like big losers so far this offseason. Will be even worse if they panic and overpay for McCutchen.

Agreed. I think the back end of the bullpen and a center fielder were their two main priorities. McCutchen is not a center fielder anymore, so I wouldn't understand a trade for him on their side.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Can't embed tweets as I'm at work but Buster Olney just sent out an interesting one.

Mentioned that Red Sox have traded a number of elite prospects in last 13 months including Margot, Kopech, Moncada, and Espinoza.

Just Dombrowski being Dombrowski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad