Trade: [BOS/CHW] Chris Sale to Boston for Moncada, Kopech, Basabe and Diaz

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
RIP to my Sale jersey.... gonna add it to the vintage collection :laugh:

Much better deal for the Nats to trade them for him instead of Cutch. Scherzer-Sale-Stras is going to be scary if they pull this off.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Interesting. For those who know prospects, what's the Red Sox equivalent of the rumoured Nats package? I'm surprised they're not more involved in this.

Just cut it up to honour him.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS

Much better deal for the Nats to trade them for him instead of Cutch. Scherzer-Sale-Stras is going to be scary if they pull this off.
Just cut it up. That's one way to retire it :sarcasm:

Despite the high price, Sale is a top 5 pitcher in baseball. That rotation will be absolutely disgusting. Another outfielder would do them good as well.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The White Sox and Nationals are far down the road on a trade that will send Chris Sale to the Nationals in exchange for Lucas Giolito, Victor Robles and a low minor leaguer. Reynaldo Lopez and Koda Glover will not be in the proposed deal. The structure of the deal was first reported by Ken Rosenthal.

Per Jim Bowden on ESPN.com

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Saying now on The Score 670 that a trade is imminent.

Would Sale be enough to better a Cubs team that's just so much better then the field? I really don't know. Either the Nats go all in and fill every single hole or its just another trade. Considering the injury history of Strasburg, I just don't think Sale is enough.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Saying now on The Score 670 that a trade is imminent.

Would Sale be enough to better a Cubs team that's just so much better then the field? I really don't know. Either the Nats go all in and fill every single hole or its just another trade. Considering the injury history of Strasburg, I just don't think Sale is enough.

If that's the case, that means teams like the Astros weren't willing to part ways with Bregman, the Braves with Swanson, the Nats were dead set on keeping Turner and the Red Sox didn't want to move both Moncada and Benintendi.

If the main pieces for Sale is 2 top #10 prospects ++, that includes the top pitching prospect and a booming 19 year old stud who's been crushing it since coming from the Dominican Republic, I'll live with it. Looking at Robles scouting report, he's exactly what we've been lacking in a prospect for quite some time.

Robles is a potentially special talent who showcases all five tools along with elite athleticism on a daily basis. He shows the makings of a plus hit tool, thanks to his compact but explosive swing and feel for using the whole field, and scouts rave about his advanced approach and strike-zone judgment. A plus-plus runner, Robles' speed enables him impact games on the bases as well as in center field, where he has range for days in all directions and arm strength that's among the best in the Minors at the position.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
If that's the case, that means teams like the Astros weren't willing to part ways with Bregman, the Braves with Swanson, the Nats were dead set on keeping Turner and the Red Sox didn't want to move both Moncada and Benintendi.

If the main pieces for Sale is 2 top #10 prospects ++, that includes the top pitching prospect and a booming 19 year old stud who's been crushing it since coming from the Dominican Republic, I'll live with it. Looking at Robles scouting report, he's exactly what we've been lacking in a prospect for quite some time.
Bruce Levine just said talks have cooled off considerably.

As for Sales value, many proposals have been outlandish and complete garbage. If Sales gets two top prospects, Espinoza, and a mid level guy, that's completely solid if Hahn is serious about blowing it up and starting over.

Rumors the Rockies are interested in Abreu, just do it and move forward.

Uncle Jerry needs to understand he is never going to compete against the Cubs, and that his only chance at it is to build a mega team. Start while you have the assets.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Robles stats don't seem to show much power ,, Anyone more familiar with him want to tell me if I am wrong?

Also Giolito already having TJ surgery is concerning

Honestly if there is only Robles , Giolito and a minor piece coming back then Sox did not do well

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Robles stats don't seem to show much power ,, Anyone more familiar with him want to tell me if I am wrong?

Also Giolito already having TJ surgery is concerning

Honestly if there is only Robles , Giolito and a minor piece coming back then Sox did not do well

Robles is hit, speed, and arm before anything else. Those are top tier tools 70 knocking on 80 depending on who you ask. Power should be average considering he's got that Baez/Clint Frazier bat speed. Really advanced hitter at the plate as well.

BP gave his ceiling comp as "that one really good Lorenzo Cain season" and I think that's fair and exactly what you want out of this.

Posted at the Hawks board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad