GDT: BOS @ BUF 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - 1000 games for Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
People in here who are still complaining about goalies are sad... Imagine UPL has been pretty good in this SH*T LOOKING defense.

Sabres would destroy Levis confidence if he was the starter and with another goalie than UPL you will get even worse numbers.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
No, you didn't even read what I said.you made up an argument in your head, attributed it to me, then went on several rants against it.

You kept asking me how I came to that conclusion, the "rants" were explanations. Though I'm getting the feeling you're more interested in being sad about it than actually touching on the points anymore so I'll go do something else. Sorry I made you sad.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
You kept asking me how I came to that conclusion, the "rants" were explanations. Though I'm getting the feeling you're more interested in being sad about it than actually touching on the points anymore so I'll go do something else. Sorry I made you sad.
You haven't made any point at all against anything I have said. Not a single one. You just made up shit to argue against.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
You haven't made any point at all against anything I have said. Not a single one. You just made up shit to argue against.

I'm pretty sure I did, you just kept ignoring them in favor of pointing out how I misinterpreted you. Then when I responded to the proper interpretation, you decided to stop talking about it altogether, in favor of talking about how I had previously misinterpreted you.

I get it, I misinterpreted you. I apologize. I don't think you can move on from it though.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I'm pretty sure I did, you just kept ignoring them in favor of pointing out how I misinterpreted you. Then when I responded to the proper interpretation, you decided to stop talking about it altogether, in favor of talking about how I misinterpreted you.
Because you didn't. For about the 100th time, I have never advocated firing anyone. I have never advocated trading the entire team other than mitts or Greenway as you suggested me saying. I do not have a "least favourite" brass i want fired. I don't know how much clearer I can be.

We have problems with the roster. Problems that have not been addressed. You on the other hand do not want anyone replaced. You want olofsson and okposo on this team forever (this is an example of the type of argument you are making, I know this is not your stance, but this is what you are doing to me). So since you want to keep olofsson and okposo forever, thanks to your HUGE whole 20 years of following the team, nothing can be changed at all in the off season. We should NOT replace anyone under any circumstances whatsoever. We just need to roll it back and keep getting regular season experience because one day the bad players on this team will magically become productive players.

There, now I am arguing on your level.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Because you didn't. For about the 100th time, I have never advocated firing anyone. I have never advocated trading the entire team other than mitts or Greenway as you suggested me saying. I do not have a "least favourite" brass i want fired. I don't know how much clearer I can be.

We have problems with the roster. Problems that have not been addressed. You on the other hand do not want anyone replaced. You want olofsson and okposo on this team forever (this is an example of the type of argument you are making, I know this is not your stance, but this is what you are doing to me). So since you want to keep olofsson and okposo forever, thanks to your HUGE whole 20 years of following the team, nothing can be changed at all in the off season. We should NOT replace anyone under any circumstances whatsoever. We just need to roll it back and keep getting regular season experience because one day the bad players on this team will magically become productive players.

Give up. It's time to play with the puppy.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY

Ultimately you're suggesting that losing out the rest of the year is better for the team than another near playoff push because a. it'll give management more information about the roster to make necessary changes and b. this team didn't learn anything from last year anyways

With this in mind... if this group, in particular our top players, can't learn anything from almost making the playoffs, why would you advocate they keep any of them (at least those struggling).

Last edited:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Ultimately you're suggesting that losing out the rest of the year is better for the team than another near playoff push because a. it'll give management more information about the roster to make necessary changes and b. this team didn't learn anything from last year anyways

With this in mind... if this group, in particular our top players, can't learn anything from almost making the playoffs, why would you advocate they keep any of them (at least those struggling).
You think this team is about to make another playoff push?? Talk about being out to lunch...

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
You think this team is about to make another playoff push?? Talk about being out to lunch...

I didn't say that, just which is better for the team... losing out the rest of the year or making another near playoff push. This fellow believes losing out is better, and I'm trying to engage him in that line of thought. However unsuccessful it may have been initially, it's hard to imagine someone making an earnest argument for wanting to lose more than win that doesn't involve tanking or wanting people fired, and I got out of line.

But I respect your interpretation. ;)

Last edited:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I didn't say that, just which is better for the team... losing out the rest of the year or making another near playoff push. This fellow believes losing out is better, and I'm trying to engage him in that line of thought. However unsuccessful it may have been initially, it's hard to imagine someone making an earnest argument for wanting to lose more than win that doesn't involve tanking or wanting people fired, and I got out of line.

But I respect your interpretation. ;)
We've seen both play out and there really isn't much difference. You're arguing over something that largely doesn't matter since higher draft picks and new staff won't help any more than an April win streak.

They should be developing these kids in lower leagues like other teams do, and maybe they'd actually learn things the right way, and without a ton of unnecessary added pressure by angry fans who haven't seen success in a generation.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
We've seen both play out and there really isn't much difference. You're arguing over something that largely doesn't matter since higher draft picks and new staff won't help any more than an April win streak.

They should be developing these kids in lower leagues like other teams do, and maybe they'd actually learn things the right way, and without a ton of unnecessary added pressure by angry fans who haven't seen success in a generation.

Well, I'm of the thinking that this is our core for the foreseeable future, and they are young... so if our options are a lot of losing (whatever the reason one might advocate for that) or a decent amount of timely winning, I'll take a decent amount of winning.

Reactions: Macbanan

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Well, I'm of the thinking that this is our core for the foreseeable future, and they are young... so if our options are a lot of losing (whatever the reason one might advocate for that) or a decent amount of timely winning, I'll take a decent amount of winning.
Too bad that option isn’t on the table for you. And again, either approach has basically the same impact long term imo, so it doesn’t matter.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Too bad that option isn’t on the table for you. And again, either approach has basically the same impact long term imo, so it doesn’t matter.
Regardless of what options are actually on the table, I disagree in the sense that winning more should in theory have a more positive impact on this group than losing.

If nothing else, we've only seen a pretty small sample size of what kind of impact winning more can have to say definitively the long term impact.

It's okay that we disagree. I wouldn't say it doesn't matter. Though technically nothing we say or do here matters. That's why I don't care about the feelings of people I talk to

Last edited:
Reactions: BishesLoveHossa

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
People in here who are still complaining about goalies are sad... Imagine UPL has been pretty good in this SH*T LOOKING defense.

Sabres would destroy Levis confidence if he was the starter and with another goalie than UPL you will get even worse numbers.
Levi self destructed the team last night, I wouldn't blame most of it on defense except for the first goal when no one cleared the front of the net and the puck got chipped over the pad.

Reactions: Svedu

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Are you UPLs cousin or a sibling or something? I swear I only ever see you post to defend UPL against any and all critiques. I mean you are really making the argument that if we swapped UPL and Vasilevsky or Saros or Sorokin, we would have worse numbers? Thats a ridiculous take.

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
Thompson is gonna have a hard time getting going from IR. The last thing we need is another hero run from mid January to April only to fall short by a couple points again so that the management can again go "no, look! January to April is the REAL Sabres! They just need another year!"
Yes, but he'll return, and so will Tuch and Quinn. I mostly focus on the development of the team and I find that regression usually is temporary when it comes to young players.

On the other hand, progression is a great sign and usually indicative of permanent player improvement. So while having a stagnant team performing just like last year could be worrying, the way I see it, tremendous hopefully lasting progression took place in Mittelstadt and Peterka, and most likely temporary regression happened to Cozens, Tuch and Thompson.

If we'd been carried by Anderson shutting the door like last year, or Okposo or Skinner tearing up the league while the young guard struggled, I'd be worried.

I think we'll make the playoffs, and even if we don't I think the higher in the standings the better.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Levi self destructed the team last night, I wouldn't blame most of it on defense except for the first goal when no one cleared the front of the net and the puck got chipped over the pad.
I hear you. I'm talking about the overall performances this season. UPL is clearly one of Sabres 3-5 best performers amongst both players and goalies.
People who specifically shit on him in here are nothing but clueless.

Are you UPLs cousin or a sibling or something? I swear I only ever see you post to defend UPL against any and all critiques. I mean you are really making the argument that if we swapped UPL and Vasilevsky or Saros or Sorokin, we would have worse numbers? Thats a ridiculous take.
No, I'm not. He's good but nowhere near top6-7 goalies in the NHL. But do I believe he could be a top10 goalie in the league in the right organization? You damn right. Cousin, sibling, no... I'm his and YOUR daddy, son.

Actually, funny thing I was defending him from the get go this season. And guess what? I've been f*cking right all time long. Or do you disagree?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad