GDT: BOS @ BUF 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - 1000 games for Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Okay so every team below 500 at this moment is cut from the playoffs. Got it.
Their record right now isn’t the issue. It’s how they are playing that is the problem. The record is actually better than it should be with how crap their play has been.

If there’s one thing we should be good at by now as Sabres fans, it’s recognizing a non-playoff team when we see one. This is a non-playoff team.

We’re 7-8–1 and I can tell this isn’t a playoff team.

Last year at 7-9-0 at this point in the season, we were 6 games into the 8 game losing streak… but I wasn’t convinced we were a non-playoff team. They were playing much better last year.

Reactions: sabremike

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
In my head I think we need a bit more grit through the roster. In theory I would love to either upgrade or find similar versions of Greenway and Tuch. Contract aside, Greenway - Cozens- Tuch makes sense to me as a good 3rd line that can play both directions and score. In that scenario Benson evolves into a RW and Tuch moves down as he ages/Benson gets better. Similar on the left side with Greenway.

Taking Mitts transformation into account with Cozens expectations and contract, I don't see how CM isn't part of the core going forward. Which means Cozens needs to figure out how to be the best or second best RW on the team.

I guess what I am saying is that these are the sorts of plans that a GM needs be able to address, identify, and provide some proactive action and decisiveness around. And to your point it seems to be "well lets wait and see who these players could maybe be, where they fit in, and what we do". The problem is you sit on assets that you are unsure if they fit and lack of vision eventually costs value because they may not end up fitting and you waited so long you extracted minimal to no value.
Fair post. I am actually in favor of moving some prospects for players, we have too many.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I hear you. I'm talking about the overall performances this season. UPL is clearly one of Sabres 3-5 best performers amongst both players and goalies.
People who specifically shit on him in here are nothing but clueless.

No, I'm not. He's good but nowhere near top6-7 goalies in the NHL. But do I believe he could be a top10 goalie in the league in the right organization? You damn right. Cousin, sibling, no... I'm his and YOUR daddy, son.

Actually, funny thing I was defending him from the get go this season. And guess what? I've been f*cking right all time long. Or do you disagree?
I do disagree. He has played a whopping 8 games this year. That doesn't override his 33 games of terribleness last year. If you wanna award him the Vezina for having a .909 after 8 games you are free to, but excuse the rest of us for waiting for some consistency before anointing him the next Hasek.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I do disagree. He has played a whopping 8 games this year. That doesn't override his 33 games of terribleness last year. If you wanna award him the Vezina for having a .909 after 8 games you are free to, but excuse the rest of us for waiting for some consistency before anointing him the next Hasek.

You insist on putting words in others mouths. Also, your never ending speculations and especially that clear whataboutism is getting tiring.
What about this, last year, what about that.

You still don't have a singe valid argument against him THIS YEAR and if he would play for another organization it would probably be better. I mean look at Levis numbers, and he's been considered as a big goalie prospect. Lmao.
Never should he be awarded with a prize. But it's too easy to blame him and this year he's been a lot better than the majority of players. If you still disagree? Get glasses buddy or watch the actual games before you comment.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
You insist on putting words in others mouths. Also, your never ending speculations and especially that clear whataboutism is getting tiring.
What about this, last year, what about that.

You still don't have a singe valid argument against him THIS YEAR and if he would play for another organization it would probably be better. I mean look at Levis numbers, and he's been considered as a big goalie prospect. Lmao.
Never should he be awarded with a prize. But it's too easy to blame him and this year he's been a lot better than the majority of players. If you still disagree? Get glasses buddy or watch the actual games before you comment.
I didn't put words in your mouth. You legit said, in you own words, that ANY other goalie would have worse numbers, which means he is the best goalie in the league and deserves the vezina. Unreal that you think I am the one being unreasonable here simply because I want to wait more than 5 games for UPL to be crowned king of Finland. But by all means, keep insulting me, it can only make your case stronger right?

• Wow
Reactions: Svedu

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
So tomorrow night's game is on NHLN and not available on ESPN+.

Seems like the universe agrees that I need some time away from this team.

:nod:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
you know its not going well when posters are getting into battles about semantics

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I didn't put words in your mouth. You legit said, in you own words, that ANY other goalie would have worse numbers, which means he is the best goalie in the league and deserves the vezina. Unreal that you think I am the one being unreasonable here simply because I want to wait more than 5 games for UPL to be crowned king of Finland. But by all means, keep insulting me, it can only make your case stronger right?
Not any, a lot of goalies. You insist on misinterpreting me. And you want to disagree.
No, it doesn't mean that. You want to act silly and draw stupid conclusions without asking me what I really think or believe. That's on you and no one else.

You are unreal buddy. Shit on every single one then if that's what you want and wish for. You can't be taken serious if you are keeping on questioning UPL more than your system, more than 98% of your whole team because THIS YEAR, again, they've looked far more shitty than him. But I guess that's your way of reasoning in life. You could pay attention to different factors and the most likely and constructive solutions but you insist on playing silly or dumb and simplify things and irrationally point towards a single factor. The wrong one on top of that. Something that won't help the team, or anyone to progress or get better.

Like "Hey, we have a lot of problems, this one doesn't really seem to be it, but let's point at it and just claim that it's the problem because it's easier that way". That's Mattilaus Santa Claus in a nutshell.
Also this "Discussion" is completely irrelevant and unnecessary because the only thing you seem to do is finding new what if topics to please yourself.
That's my point, you speculate on what others believe or think and claim that your own made bulls*t would be true or another individuals opinion. Then you start a debate based on air. Later on the next whataboutism- subject comes and so on and so on. Do you honestly want to keep on wasting your own and my time on this?
What's the point? Do others need to explain answers to your own made bullish*t? I mean does that make any sense in your own head?

Last but not least, I'm not insulting you. That's something you manage by yourself with creating these what if stories. I'm advising you to stop that for everyones sake.

Last edited:

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
with another goalie than UPL you will get even worse numbers.

Not any, a lot of goalies. You insist on misinterpreting me.
Alright I am not gonna waste my time on someone who just insults me and then claims he didn't say what he said.

People are incapable of making their case without flinging insults anymore. Lol at saying you are not being insulting. Saying I need glasses and calling me Mattilaus Santa Clause and saying I dumb. Sure, not insulting at all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Alright I am not gonna waste my time on someone who just insults me and then claims he didn't say what he said.
Yeah, exactly. A lot of goalies? Not every single one. That's your conclusion buddy. I mean do I need to explain everything so your mind won't speculate on it's own and draw nonsensical and false conclusions?
LOL! You created this "What he claimed" bs in your own head from the beginning. Have a nice one.

• Love
Reactions: Mattilaus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad