Blue Jays Discussion: Borucki finally struggled a bit. But it's probably not time to panic yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
When did SRF become a "four pitch" pitcher? Seems to me when he's "on", its still a fastball/slider package and its just an outing when he's commanding the fastball.

the curve is probably better than the slider, and his changeup has been very good this year.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
In other news, guess which prospect analyst said that Fernando Tatis Jr is now better then Vlad Guerrero Jr :laugh:
Amazing how often people completely overlook K issues in the minors. Law of all people should know the dangers of high K rates in AA....he wrote a piece on it about Moncada a few years ago. Tatis Jr K rate is way too high to be considered the best prospect in baseball. He's talented/toolsy but I feel like this is Yoan Moncada all over again. Good talent that will never be considered great because of an inflated K rate. The only thing Tatis has on Vlad is defensive value and that is something that doesn't age well (it's also unpredictable). Vlad is going to put up monster numbers year after year like Cabrera did over the past 15 years.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008

That takes me to a pay-wall, what does it actually say? BA's midseason write-up that was just posted says this:

"Righthander Sean Reid-Foley flashed good stuff at times last year but was inconsistent and lacked fastball command, which led to a 5.09 ERA in Double-A. This year his stuff has been more consistent, with a low- to mid-90s fastball, a plus slider and a livelier changeup that has produced far better results in 2018."

A report last season also stated that his curveball and slider tend to blend together, so I'm doubting that these are all of a sudden two distinct plus pitches.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That takes me to a pay-wall, what does it actually say? BA's midseason write-up that was just posted says this:

"Righthander Sean Reid-Foley flashed good stuff at times last year but was inconsistent and lacked fastball command, which led to a 5.09 ERA in Double-A. This year his stuff has been more consistent, with a low- to mid-90s fastball, a plus slider and a livelier changeup that has produced far better results in 2018."

A report last season also stated that his curveball and slider tend to blend together, so I'm doubting that these are all of a sudden two distinct plus pitches.

it says:

“Better fastball command,” New Hampshire manager John Schneider said of the difference in Reid-Foley from 2017 to 2018. “We’ve been really stressing keeping the ball down—down and away in safe zones to righties and lefties. He had a great fastball today and his breaking ball has been consistent, both slider and curve. So I think that’s been the biggest difference, if you look at fastball command. Then he’s always had a good breaking ball, and I think just having it be more consistent for him this year has been big for him.”

and:

One thing Reid-Foley has switched up this year is the way he throws his changeup. In his last start, his changeup floated up and away on him, but Reid-Foley has been pleased with the movement on the pitch.
“It’s been good,” he said. “I kind of switched my grip in spring training. I got a lot more action on it and a lot more depth, but without being down or over the baseball, it really doesn’t help me at all. So that’s what I really make sure of, because I know it’s not going to be a good day to throw a changeup if I’m not over the baseball and through it.”

and I had another link describing 2 breakers, one low 80s (I assumed curve) one high 80s (slider), but you could be right those could just be two versions of a slurve.

also fangraphs still shows him with a full four pitch arsenal on his player page.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Q about Fantasy Baseball. 14 team league, a lot of stats like 8x8 its silly, 5 keepers. I went into the year with

Trout - Kershaw - Verlander - WMyers - Posey

out of playoffs, i decide to sell. I have Gennett/Muncy/Belt/Mazaras/Castro/ESuarez and some others. My pitching has cost me it was just bad. So I trade Verlander for Acuna/2nd (7th w keepers for future ref), and then SG/BB/NM and ES for Corey Seager (i went all in imo here) and then I dealt somehow Muncy/Castro for Gary Sanchez

so now my keepers (+ 13 picks in first 8 rounds) is

Trout - Kershaw - GSanchez - Seager - Acuna

yay or nay? I'll hang up while I hear your answer.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Def more than a two-pitch guy though, which was where the fear of a bullpen future came from. Once the changeup came along, that all went out the window imo.

KLaw might be using old info.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Q about Fantasy Baseball. 14 team league, a lot of stats like 8x8 its silly, 5 keepers. I went into the year with

Trout - Kershaw - Verlander - WMyers - Posey

out of playoffs, i decide to sell. I have Gennett/Muncy/Belt/Mazaras/Castro/ESuarez and some others. My pitching has cost me it was just bad. So I trade Verlander for Acuna/2nd (7th w keepers for future ref), and then SG/BB/NM and ES for Corey Seager (i went all in imo here) and then I dealt somehow Muncy/Castro for Gary Sanchez

so now my keepers (+ 13 picks in first 8 rounds) is

Trout - Kershaw - GSanchez - Seager - Acuna

yay or nay? I'll hang up while I hear your answer.

Yeah, that's all fine. Esp in a 14 teamer.

Reactions: AllDay28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->