Blue Jays Discussion: Borucki finally struggled a bit. But it's probably not time to panic yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck89

May 17, 2014
Prince George
Well, it wasn't a blowout loss, and we managed to help our draft position (Jays are the 9th worst team in all of MLB right now), and Estrada and Clippard boosted their trade value.

Fairly successful day, I guess.

canuck89

May 17, 2014
Prince George
Roster moves.

Aaron Sanchez to the 10-day DL with that finger contusion that knocked him out of the game the other day. Marcus Stroman activated off the DL as a corresponding move to make tonight's start in LA.

Jaime Garcia to the 10-day DL with "shoulder tenderness". Tim Mayza called up.

Now, with Garcia's DL trip, I wonder if this is more of a "crappy pitching disease" thing, where they try to get Garcia to do some "rehab" work in Buffalo to see if he can figure things out?

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
YEah I think that's the case with Garcia

Last edited:

canuck89

May 17, 2014
Prince George
Jays up 1-0 so far in the middle of the 6th inning thanks to a Teoscar HR.

Stroman's line so far: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 5 K, 1 BB on 81 pitches.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I’m not going to say vote Quimby, but.....vote Quimby.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Has anyone followed Kevin Smith closely?

Is his high K Rate a concern especially if you factor in that he's not a power hitter?

yes it's a concern.

but he didn't strike out at any concerning rate in lansing this year, and hit for a ton of power.

but since he moved up to dunedin the issue has come back.

gotta keep an eye on it for sure.

Reactions: Glenn Healy

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
yes it's a concern.

but he didn't strike out at any concerning rate in lansing this year, and hit for a ton of power.

but since he moved up to dunedin the issue has come back.

gotta keep an eye on it for sure.

One of the adjustments he said he made in the off-season was to shorten his swing to presumably help lower his K rate so I have no idea what has happened in Dunedin

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Roster moves.

Aaron Sanchez to the 10-day DL with that finger contusion that knocked him out of the game the other day. Marcus Stroman activated off the DL as a corresponding move to make tonight's start in LA.

Jaime Garcia to the 10-day DL with "shoulder tenderness". Tim Mayza called up.

Now, with Garcia's DL trip, I wonder if this is more of a "crappy pitching disease" thing, where they try to get Garcia to do some "rehab" work in Buffalo to see if he can figure things out?
I actually assumed they'd move Garcia to the dl to hold his spot. Let him rest his arm which I think has actually been an issue this season and wait things out.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Wake me up for the deadline and then wake me up again for september for maybe Bichette

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Pillar needs to be dropped in the lineup, hitting terribly right now. Travis should be ahead of him.

What return will Clippard or Oh get, if they keep pitching like this?

-Donaldson and Estrada are the players to hope play well before deadline. I got faith in Happ, just needs to be healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: doorman

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Pillar needs to be dropped in the lineup, hitting terribly right now. Travis should be ahead of him.

-Donaldson and Estrada are the players to hope play well before deadline. I got faith in Happ, just needs to be healthy.
Clippard and oh will likely return long shot prospects. Nothing to be very excited about. Don’t forget Axford will likely be dealt with that group as well. Wouldn’t have issue with moving Loup either. We more need Estrada to keep pitching well and Donaldson to figure out how to stay healthy. Estrada if he stays on a role could net a decent return.

Also agreed on pillar although that should have happened a month ago

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay

And, Solarte needs to sit a game or two for not hustling on what he thought was a HR. getting tired of his half heartyed efforts, Smoaks double should've brought him home and not to 3RD, no excuses!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad