Salary Cap: Boring Thread Titles Are Awesome! Get Your Phil HERE! Saad Day Indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
At this point I trade Maata to TOR for Kessel + Pens 2nd 2015, and do a 6M offer sheet on Saad. **** it all.

I would definately offer sheet Saad, assuming he takes agrees.

Columbus has an internal cap if I remember, they very well may take the picks.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
The only thing I can think of is that Chicago didn't want to trade him here. Pouliot and Sutter are much better. If they traded him here and he puts up 35 goals on Sid's wing, they look bad.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Teams might legitimately not want to do business with Pittsburgh to see their winger (Saad for example) blow up next to Malkin or Crosby. Bowman might have willingly taken less to see him go to a mediocre team instead of a possible contender.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Kapanen > Dano
Sutter = Anismov
Wilson = Morin
3rd > 4th

Kapanen isn't better than Dano yet, but Dano is a midget. Kap has a higher ceiling imo. But there's no indication we offered Kap or any other player, it's all just speculation. We may have lowballed them.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 22s22 seconds ago
CHI traded Saad because he was looking for 6 yrs with AAV of $6.5M. May have been an offer sheet coming tomorrow from a team with those #s.
1 retweet 0 favorites
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More

Wow.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So offer 8 years @$6.5 million per tomorrow.

Boom you have Saad for a 1st and 3rd.

Edit: we are missing our second right? Just saw it was a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. We can offer up to $5.5 million though. Maybe he will take that to come home.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com

Well, that, if true, puts it a little more into perspective. We would have never signed him to an offer sheet. But still:

tumblr_n52kj29Q1N1rin469o1_500.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bob McKenzie says it's done?

My offer for Kessel just lowered. Pouliot and Kunitz or GTFO, Shannahan.

Bingo.

But, damn, that one could've been topped. Makes me wonder if CHI, all things being equal, didn't see sending Saad to his hometown to play with Sid/Geno as appropriate.

penguins2946*

All I'm going to say is a lot of people are going to be really pissed that we didn't get Saad unless we bring in a really ****ing good winger. Like Kessel level winger.

ThatGuy

Dec 21, 2006
maybe, but I would have loved Saad instead of Kessel. maybe that's just me, but Saad is younger, he makes **** out of nothing in the playoffs and he will sign a cheaper contract than Kessel eventually.

not to say I wouldn't want Kessel, but I totally would have preffered Saad.

Oh I would have absolutely loved Saad on this team too, but I value Pouliot very highly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
We need to immediately call Columbus and see if we can get this guy for different pieces. Hope to God that he says he smells a homecoming and says he doesn't want to play there.

Why on Earth would Columbus, a pretty heated division rival, trade a stud, young winger to us?

Moreover, I think Saad just got his "homecoming." Columbus is what, 3 hours from Pittsburgh? Saad's pretty much playing in his backyard as is.

I think this negatively affects Kessel's value actually. Saad getting traded just shows that they couldn't move Sharp. If Sharp, who had a down year and costs $5.9 million per season, couldn't get moved, I don't think that bodes well for Kessel.

Disagree. That's one more option that we were reportedly hard on the trail of that is off the table for us. If it's true that we're one of only a couple of teams in on Kessel, and the leading horse, Saad being dealt is very bad for us landing Kessel.

So if they don't sign him by tomorrow (is that the deadline?), what are our chances?

Nobody knows, but my gut says next to nil. And it's an impressive gut.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Teams might legitimately not want to do business with Pittsburgh to see their winger (Saad for example) blow up next to Malkin or Crosby. Bowman might have willingly taken less to see him go to a mediocre team instead of a possible contender.

I'd argue that when healthy, the CBJ's are a better team than we are.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_PGH 12s13 seconds ago
Pens did make a trade offer for Saad and people in the organization are stunned that Columbus got him for so little.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This makes me happy that Chicago probably holds on to Sharp now.

Yeah, and now Bruins are interested in Bickell?

It pisses me off that Bowman likely made that trade to spite the Pens and how bad he'd look when Saad blew up on his hometown team.

BUT...

Columbus is desperately looking to bolster their blueline. Pouliot or Harrington + a pick could interest them, or make a bigger trade by sending Spaling, Sutter, Harrington + a pick for Saad and some other pieces.

God damn it, **** **** ****....*****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad