Salary Cap: Boring Thread Titles Are Awesome! Get Your Phil HERE! Saad Day Indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The thing is he can still be offer sheeted.

Imagine trading DP + Sutter then having him sign elsewhere and getting a 1st and 3rd.

The Pens couldn't take that chance.

Hell, we could offer sheet him and may still do that.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
cant someone just offer sheet him tomorrow? what he wants from the hawks and jackets arent necessarily the $ame, right?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
We need to immediately call Columbus and see if we can get this guy for different pieces. Hope to God that he says he smells a homecoming and says he doesn't want to play there.

penguins2946*

I think this negatively affects Kessel's value actually. Saad getting traded just shows that they couldn't move Sharp. If Sharp, who had a down year and costs $5.9 million per season, couldn't get moved, I don't think that bodes well for Kessel.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
The thing is he can still be offer sheeted.

Imagine trading DP + Sutter then having him sign elsewhere and getting a 1st and 3rd.

The Pens couldn't take that chance.

At this point I trade Maata to TOR for Kessel + Pens 2nd 2016, and do a 6M offer sheet on Saad. **** it all.

penguins2946*

We need to immediately call Columbus and see if we can get this guy for different pieces. Hope to God that he says he smells a homecoming and says he doesn't want to play there.

They do need D, so I don't know if it's out of the question. Still, I'm thinking Kessel's price just dropped some.

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
So, BS and DP & Perron wouldn't have gotten Saad? Wow, shows you what other teams think about those three.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
All this weird trades put the Lovejoy for Despres in a different prospect.
Now wait for Saad not signing in Columbus ...

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon

maybe, but I would have loved Saad instead of Kessel. maybe that's just me, but Saad is younger, he makes **** out of nothing in the playoffs and he will sign a cheaper contract than Kessel eventually.

not to say I wouldn't want Kessel, but I totally would have preffered Saad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad