TSN: Boone Jenner: #13 on the TSN trade bait list.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Carlsson + Jenner for Pacioretty or Gallagher, maybe add a pick as well

The Jackets don't have many prospects aside from Carlsson at D. There's no guarantee the Big Russian will come over, I can't even remember his name, don't feel like searching for it. With J. Johnson gone after this season, Murray hurt more often than not, it makes him more valuable to the Jackets than what He is in a trade.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The Jackets don't have many prospects aside from Carlsson at D. There's no guarantee the Big Russian will come over, I can't even remember his name, don't feel like searching for it. With J. Johnson gone after this season, Murray hurt more often than not, it makes him more valuable to the Jackets than what He is in a trade.
Gavrikov

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
Jackets have any interest in Ben Hutton ? Young LD with offensive upside , was a revelation two years ago but seems to have regressed a bit and currently struggling to mesh with our new coach. Benning has made public he's looking for some size in the lineup , Jenner could be a good fit. What other needs do the Jackets have ?

Hutton +
for
Jenner

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I would like Berglund from St Louis on leafs if not id be cool with Jenner on leafs. would a bozak plus b prospect or 4th work? Becomes a third if bozak doesn't resign.

Could be multiple player trade like Jenner and jj. For bozak leivo a depth d man like Carrick and a second rd pick

No to all of this.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Jackets have any interest in Ben Hutton ? Young LD with offensive upside , was a revelation two years ago but seems to have regressed a bit and currently struggling to mesh with our new coach. Benning has made public he's looking for some size in the lineup , Jenner could be a good fit. What other needs do the Jackets have ?

Hutton +
for
Jenner

No. We have Werenski, Murray, Johnson, Nutivaara, Kukan, and Harrington at LHD at the NHL level, and then Gabriel Carlsson waiting in the minors.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Hutton +
for
Jenner
Not really. Our LHD goes like

Werenski
Murray
Nuttivara
Kukan
Harrington

While we only have Jones and Savard on the right.

Thankfully Nuttivara looked good on the right side when he was paired with Murray, he also looked pretty good on the top pair with Jones.

And Kukan has been a complete surprise. He looked good in a few games two seasons ago and then was called up this year and has looked like a top 4 defender.

If Murray can stay healthy than Harrington is nothing more than a depth D.

Not to mention Carlsson in Cleveland.

So point is, we don't need anymore LHD.

Fair enough .. what needs do you have ? Picks and prospects or a hockey trade do you prefer ? We have a glut of forward prospects in our system
We need scoring help in the worst way.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Fair enough .. what needs do you have ? Picks and prospects or a hockey trade do you prefer ? We have a glut of forward prospects in our system

A hockey trade, which I am not sure Vancouver is a good fit for Columbus.

Although, I do have an idea and it's a bit unorthodox...something around Jenner+ for Tanev. We could then flip one of Tanev or Savard for immediate help up front.

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
Not really. Our LHD goes like

Werenski
Murray
Nuttivara
Kukan
Harrington

While we only have Jones and Savard on the right.

Thankfully Nuttivara looked good on the right side when he was paired with Murray, he also looked pretty good on the top pair with Jones.

And Kukan has been a complete surprise. He looked good in a few games two seasons ago and then was called up this year and has looked like a top 4 defender.

If Murray can stay healthy than Harrington is nothing more than a depth D.

Not to mention Carlsson in Cleveland.

So point is, we don't need anymore LHD.

We need scoring help in the worst way.

Hockey Trade wise the only player i can think of is Sven Baertschi , 25 years old soon to be RFA hes got 27 points in 47 games (missed some time with a broken jaw) playing LW on our top line. I actually like him a lot , he's turned his game around after the trade from Calgary. I know a lot of the our fan base are unsure if he fits into our future core and if we do move him it would be preferred for defense which we have little to no depth in. That said though our management has made public about the type of player they are looking for and it is in the mold of a Jenner.

Baertchi
for
Jenner

With appropriate tweaks ?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Hockey Trade wise the only player i can think of is Sven Baertschi , 25 years old soon to be RFA hes got 27 points in 47 games (missed some time with a broken jaw) playing LW on our top line. I actually like him a lot , he's turned his game around after the trade from Calgary. I know a lot of the our fan base are unsure if he fits into our future core and if we do move him it would be preferred for defense which we have little to no depth in. That said though our management has made public about the type of player they are looking for and it is in the mold of a Jenner.

Baertchi
for
Jenner

I don't think we'd have any interest in Baertschi. He's not better than anything we already have. We've got plenty of top-9 wingers.

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
A hockey trade, which I am not sure Vancouver is a good fit for Columbus.

Although, I do have an idea and it's a bit unorthodox...something around Jenner+ for Tanev. We could then flip one of Tanev or Savard for immediate help up front.

Tanev's name gets brought up every year and even though our management is reluctant to move him a lot of us fans would for the right offer. The problem is his value is probably skewed the most across these boards so its tough to gauge a fair deal.... In relation to a move for Jenner a lot of if would have to do with what the pluses are ? A 1st , prospects, late rounders . Most of us desire a futures deal with a d prospect coming back in any deal for him

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Baertchi
for
Jenner

I doubt Columbus is interested in wingers. I'd guess it's top 6 Centers or young RHD.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Tanev's name gets brought up every year and even though our management is reluctant to move him a lot of us fans would for the right offer. The problem is his value is probably skewed the most across these boards so its tough to gauge a fair deal.... In relation to a move for Jenner a lot of if would have to do with what the pluses are ? A 1st , prospects, late rounders . Most of us desire a futures deal with a d prospect coming back in any deal for him

Something around Jenner + Gabe Carlsson?

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
Something around Jenner + Gabe Carlsson?

Even though I like Gabe I don't think a defensive defenseman is what were looking for , especially if we resign Gudbranson like its been speculated. We desperately need scoring from our back end and a pp qb. The offer is reasonable though i just don't think its the right one

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
What about green for Jenner, then you can flip jj for help up front or ammo to help acquire a forward?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
What about green for Jenner, then you can flip jj for help up front or ammo to help acquire a forward?

We don’t really need Green, though. Even if we’re trading JJ. There’s also no guarantee we’ll be able to acquire a forward for Johnson...which is why it’s been reported that Jarmo knows he can get a 1st back for him. Makes it a bit sticky to rely on flipping that pick for a forward.

If we’re going to add a defenseman, it needs to be a defensive defenseman (have you seen our PK numbers? Lol).

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
He definitely needs a change of scenery. He was really good his first couple of years and was projected to be future jacket's captain. but at this point, they need to just cut their losses and get something of value back for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad