TSN: Boone Jenner: #13 on the TSN trade bait list.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Jenner is in the final year of his current contract with a cap hit of 2.9 million. He will be a pending RFA after this season.

His current stats:

5 goals, 8 assists, 13 points in 46 games. Jenner is a 0.45 ppg player so obviously these numbers a way down.. he’s also shooting a career worst 4 percent. Former 30+ goal scorer, I must add. He has been tremendous in the faceoff circle at 54 percent. Had averaged just above 16 minutes per game. It seems like he’s lost a role here in Columbus. Torts has been shuffling him around quite a bit, to no surprise. A change of scenery would be doing him a big favor, I think.

Blue Jackets Forward Boone Jenner Added to TSN's "Trade Bait" Board, Debuting at No. 13

From Friedman’s thoughts:

“Another who fits the same profile is Boone Jenner of Columbus. He’s shooting 4.4 per cent, by far the worst of his career.
I’m wary of giving up on unlucky players, but the Blue Jackets have major contractual decisions to make and he’s up after this season. He’s arbitration-eligible, too.”

31 Thoughts: Trying to remedy the NHL's goalie interference controversy - Sportsnet.ca

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Has Jenner been playing mostly Center or wing this year? I know Torts is not the easiest coach to play for when you fall out of favor and he usually loses room after 3 to 4 seasons with his style of coaching. I always seen Jenner as a hard working gritty center with offensive upside. What could he fetch in a trade and what would columbus be looking for?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Exact type of guy the Canes need to add to their middle-6. Not sure the Canes have what Columbus wants though.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Jenner has played quite a bit of Center this year. He filled in at C when dubinsky was gone. His 330 faceoffs taken this year gives you an idea of how much he has been used in the middle. @bryan1966

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Call me crazy, but I would love him on the stars. He would be a great 4th line center when handzel gets hurt again and when handzel is healthy might look good with spezza and janmark

I have no idea what he is worth though and any deal involving a player needs us to include shipping out one of Ritche, shore, Ellie.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Call me crazy, but I would love him on the stars. He would be a great 4th line center when handzel gets hurt again and when handzel is healthy might look good with spezza and janmark

I have no idea what he is worth though and any deal involving a player needs us to include shipping out one of Ritche, shore, Ellie.

There could definitely be something to be had for Shore... something around Boone and Shore.

I’d definitely be interested in Shore.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Would like the Sens to grab him, but not sure what we'd give up. Maybe Brassard?

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I would like to see Toronto take a shot at him. Surprised to hear Columbus willing to move him considering he can play center, where Columbus needs bodies.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
There could definitely be something to be had for Shore... something around Boone and Shore.

I’d definitely be interested in Shore.

I would hope we get more than Jenner for Shore... Jenner makes too much money anyway. Dallas would really need to find a way to move a Spezza or Lehtonen sized contract, but the language I got out of their "free players back from injury" comments would lead me to believe Dallas will continue to stand pat...

Reactions: Kuola

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
interesting/surprising

Jenner strikes me as a player that is probably worth more to CBJ than in a trade. high character guy, looked upon as a leader, is not THAT old and had 30Gs 2 seasons ago. what would CBJ looking for in return?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Do you think it's likely that he would start scoring again on a line with Crosby or Malkin? What say you, Columbus fans?
Sure, it's possible. It's infinitely more likely than any chance of us letting Pittsburgh have him, tho. ;)

* * *​
I would hope we get more than Jenner for Shore... Jenner makes too much money anyway. Dallas would really need to find a way to move a Spezza or Lehtonen sized contract, but the language I got out of their "free players back from injury" comments would lead me to believe Dallas will continue to stand pat...
The Jackets are willing to trade Jenner, not cap space.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I would like to see Toronto take a shot at him. Surprised to hear Columbus willing to move him considering he can play center, where Columbus needs bodies.
He's not really good at center though. Not a good skater, mediocre defensively, can't carry the puck into the offensive zone to save his life, zero vision, and below average passer. He can win faceoffs though, so...

Outside of the last 20 regular season games last year and the playoffs, he's been utter garbage since his 30 goal season. But he's young and still carries some of his reputation from his 30 goal performance, so there will be interest. But the guy ain't worth what he's making right now and will be looking for a raise over the summer, so I'd be elated to deal him.

Reactions: BHD

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
He's not really good at center though. Not a good skater, mediocre defensively, can't carry the puck into the offensive zone to save his life, zero vision, and below average passer. He can win faceoffs though, so...

Outside of the last 20 regular season games last year and the playoffs, he's been utter garbage since his 30 goal season. But he's young and still carries some of his reputation from his 30 goal performance, so there will be interest. But the guy ain't worth what he's making right now and will be looking for a raise over the summer, so I'd be elated to deal him.

Never knew that, thought he was always a center throughout his OHL career and I assumed it continued into his NHL career. (Don't mind me just an ignorant fan)

Was there a year where he was tried at center the entire season?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Never knew that, thought he was always a center throughout his OHL career and I assumed it continued into his NHL career. (Don't mind me just an ignorant fan)

Nope made the team as a winger, had his 30G season as a winger. But has been put there multiple times. The season he started the year at center he had back problems. And didn't see any extended time there.

Reactions: Liminality

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

I don't think he's played center for more than 10 games at a time here and there. Most of his time in the NHL has been at LW.

Reactions: Liminality

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

He'd have to be sheltered with wingers that can move the puck well and enter with speed through the neutral zone............which the Leafs have with Kapanen/Marner/Nylander. He'd work well with the Leafs, because we are fortunate to have an abundance of young skill with speed right now. I think it becomes worrisome though when you have/see none of that and we see the Babcock special, neutered lines with zero skill/speed entering the opposition's end of the ice.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
He'd have to be sheltered with wingers that can move the puck well and enter with speed through the neutral zone............which the Leafs have with Kapanen/Marner/Nylander. He'd work well with the Leafs, because we are fortunate to have an abundance of young skill with speed right now. I think it becomes worrisome though when you have/see none of that and we see the Babcock special, neutered lines with zero skill/speed entering the opposition's end of the ice.

Sounds like a Jake Guentzel/Phil Kessel combo to me. Sigh. Will never trade him to the pens.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I personally think that he doesn't have the mind and skating ability to keep up with speed/skill players and is best suited for a bottom 6 role, with maybe some PP time as the net front presence/garbage goal type guy.

Honestly reminds me of David Clarkson pre-LTIR.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016

I would do shore for Jenner in a heart beat. Though I’m not a shore fan lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad