TSN: Boone Jenner: #13 on the TSN trade bait list.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I personally think that he doesn't have the mind and skating ability to keep up with speed/skill players and is best suited for a bottom 6 role, with maybe some PP time as the net front presence/garbage goal type guy.

Honestly reminds me of David Clarkson pre-LTIR.

So I think the Leafs are looking for a bottom 6 center. Our bottom 9 wingers are pretty much packed with Leo, Kap, Brown, Marner, JVR and Marleau. There'd be no spot for Jenner on the wings so he'd definitely get a bottom 6 role but I think the question is if he could fill in at the center. Doesn't sound like he can but it's an interesting thought.

Reactions: Mac DeMarco

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
He'd have to be sheltered with wingers that can move the puck well and enter with speed through the neutral zone............which the Leafs have with Kapanen/Marner/Nylander. He'd work well with the Leafs, because we are fortunate to have an abundance of young skill with speed right now. I think it becomes worrisome though when you have/see none of that and we see the Babcock special, neutered lines with zero skill/speed entering the opposition's end of the ice.

I definitely see Boone’s style of play a really good fit for Toronto. I think he’d thrive under Babcock.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He's not an ideal fit in Toronto unless he has the potential for 3C long-term.

Big fan of his though, and depending on the cost I'd be interested.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Wouldn't mind him at all on Toronto but unless he can play 3C AND the cost was basically just Tyler Bozak, I don't know if a deal is to be had. We're just way too loaded at wing.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I really don't think you'd wanna trade Brassard for Jenner.. maybe im wrong, just feel like Brassard could grab you more.

I think we'd shoot for Jenner+pick, but honestly I'd guess a lot of sens fans would be ok with this.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I want him in Toronto. What would it cost?

Leivo + 2nd? You get a young scoring winger who doesnt fit here and a reasonably high pick

If you prefer more offensive upside, Andreas Johnson is lighting up the AHL and is ready for the NHL now. Could swap him for Leivo or the pick.

Aug 3, 2010
Bennett for Jenner, with adds as required, could be interesting. Not sure of what Columbus' needs are, however.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
The leafs NEED this kind of player!what would the ask be?

Jenner - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Nylander - Hyman

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I can only say I wish some of the posters on this thread were NHL GM's
Jenner would have a new uniform by now because He's been god awful this year,
Columbus is 29th is scoring and expect to see Jenner on their 4th line tomorrow night

Reactions: CBJSTH

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Hard guy to trade for since he might be expensive but he's not playing incredible.

Would like in Van but I am not sure the return at all.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Been hard to watch this year. He is such a good player that is playing like he is not a good player.

Really weird time to move him unless the Jackets can somehow get value for how he used to play/his upside.

I mean he has been awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad