TSN: Boone Jenner: #13 on the TSN trade bait list.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
If he is a viable option at center then the leafs have to be in. Biggest issue is we do need a bottom center not sure who else is even avail

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So a scoring Boone Jenner
Jenner isn't a center. He's not a viable center. Yeah he played that in major junior and can take face-offs, but if he was a viable center then that's how he'd be used in Columbus.

They're looking to trade Jenner + for a top-6 center who adds offense. Presumably to one of those GM's who love the fact that Jenner is physical and Canadian.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Jenner isn't a center. He's not a viable center. Yeah he played that in major junior and can take face-offs, but if he was a viable center then that's how he'd be used in Columbus.

They're looking to trade Jenner + for a top-6 center who adds offense. Presumably to one of those GM's who love the fact that Jenner is physical and Canadian.

Filppula+?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I know he can play centre, but honest answer Jackets fans...is he an effective centre?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I know he can play centre, but honest answer Jackets fans...is he an effective centre?
No, if he was an effective center the CBJ wouldn't keep using him as a winger and wouldn't want to trade him.

Granted, his value is hurt by his shooting percentage (4.4%) which will almost certainly rebound. But yeah, at this point he's a 3rd line physical winger with good leadership.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Been hard to watch this year. He is such a good player that is playing like he is not a good player.

Really weird time to move him unless the Jackets can somehow get value for how he used to play/his upside.

I mean he has been awful.

Exactly how the Caps feel about Burakovsky. Swapsies?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Would Columbus fans have any interest in a combo deal with Sobotka/Berglund+Bouwmeester for Jenner+Johnson as a basis. I’d assume both sides add to even it out.
Not sure if JBo waives his NTC to go to Columbus. I'd prefer to keep it simpler, perhaps Sobotka for Jenner? Perhaps we add a prospect? I'm not particularly interested in JJ. JBo is better defensively, and has an extra year on his contract.

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Not sure if JBo waives his NTC to go to Columbus. I'd prefer to keep it simpler, perhaps Sobotka for Jenner? Perhaps we add a prospect? I'm not particularly interested in JJ. JBo is better defensively.

Either or works with me. I think Jenner would be a very solid fit here, the fans would love him(scores, hits, fights), and I just feel like he needs a change of scenery.

If the Blues could get him along with a deal for Hoffman or Nyquist, I’d be pretty excited. Our team would be better this year, and they make us better in the long run.

Reactions: simon in canada

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
Would love to take a chance on him for the Oilers. If he’s traded, he could potentially turn into a steal, think Eberle-Strome lite. Would be refreshing not to be on the losing side of such a deal for once :)

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Ever since the WJC he has always managed to catch my eye and thought he would make a great Leaf. I would actually pay retail for him, considering he was considered untoucheable a couple seasons back.

Futures or current lineup help? What would be the preference?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I would be interested, not sure if Ducks would be willing to give up anything of significance (that would interest you), though. I really have no idea of your needs.

For that guy who asked ''scoring middle 6 player'' - sorry but would not be ok to give up a scoring player for struggling scoring player.

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Canucks will be on this. Jenner for Baertschi.

CBJ gets more skill, Canucks get more grit.

Jenner will fit nicely with Horvat imo.

Ben Hutton and Thomas Vanek also available from Van.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Was just going to chime in that this screams Benning and his quote that they’re looking for someone with some size that can play. Maybe something around Hutton if they’re looking for a LHed dman once JJ is dealt.

willyjones

May 30, 2013
I would like Berglund from St Louis on leafs if not id be cool with Jenner on leafs. would a bozak plus b prospect or 4th work? Becomes a third if bozak doesn't resign.

Could be multiple player trade like Jenner and jj. For bozak leivo a depth d man like Carrick and a second rd pick

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
The thread title is a bit misleading. Nowhere does it say the Blue Jackets are using Jenner as trade bait or that he is on the market. It’s just speculation on Friedman’s end that Jenner is slumping at the end of his contract, so that can lead to a situation where a team might want to move a player. But he immediately contradicts his thought in saying the Jackets won’t sell low.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad