• Bevin Schneider

• Kandre Miller

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Also: is it just me or do Sabres games always suck? Even as a kid, going back to 1996, I don’t remember ever enjoying a game against Buffalo.

Every game we play against them gets decided in OT (or with 0.4 seconds left). Not sure why anyone thought this one would be different or easy, especially after they gave up 10 freaking goals in their last game.

Reactions: CasusBelli

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
My rational mind is telling me that teams don't coast or take games off. Teams in the NHL, and NHL players by association, don't just go through the motions and "save it" for later. This is the best league in the world and the best players in the world and that nonsense doesn't happen.

With that being said, when I watch this team, they are coasting. They have the aura of just going through the motions. They haven't put in an effort against an non-playoff team in a month and even playoff teams it almost feels like they are just thinking, yeah whatever.

I flat out can not explain it any other way given that we saw this team, after the first month and a half, just steamroll everyone they played.
I don’t think it’s a matter of intentionally coasting. Turning it on. Turning it off. Though I agree it looks like that.
I saw Kane - for one - backcheck hard many times. It’s just there’s no urgency. No zeal. It’s a clinical effort. That’s the difference between a veteran team that has experience and a young team trying to make their bones.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
stop. there's no in between with this board. your reasonable post doesn't belong here. 2 weeks ago we were the best team ever assembled when we got Kane and anyone who disagreed was linked to the Devils sub forum. now we're the worst team on earth because we struggled against actually a really talented team.
Montreal and Philly are really talented teams?

Reactions: Kravtsov420

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also: is it just me or do Sabres games always suck? Even as a kid, going back to 1996, I don’t remember ever enjoying a game against Buffalo.
This was one of the better ones as no head injuries to our guys.

Also:
I’ve loved Tarasenko’s game. He has gotten robbed like five times in the last three games. He’s really heady, always in the right place and actually more stout on D than I had expected. I bet his advanced stats are - at least relatively - pretty good and would be better if defensemen weren’t smacking down open-net gimmes every game.

Last edited:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
You know why it’s really not happening for? Kaapo Kakko. The puck goes to die on his stick and he’s now way behind Chytil and Lafreniere. It pains me to say because I was really high on his game earlier in the year

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
The movie starts with the New York Rangers struggling to make the playoffs, despite the talent on their roster. The team is led by star forward Mika Zibanejad, who is frustrated with the team's lack of success.

Meanwhile, the Edmonton Oilers are struggling as well, with rumors swirling that their star player, Connor McDavid, is unhappy with the team's direction. Oilers General Manager Ken Holland, who is known for his excessive alcohol consumption, makes a shocking trade offer to the Rangers: McDavid for journeyman forward Jonny Brodzinski.

The Rangers, led by star defenseman Adam Fox, are thrilled with the opportunity to acquire McDavid, but are also suspicious of the trade offer. They soon learn that Holland made the trade while under the influence, and the Oilers are forced to honor the deal.

Meanwhile, the Rangers' struggles continue, as they adjust to playing with McDavid and integrating him into their lineup. As they battle for a playoff spot, they also learn that their coach, Gerard Gallant, has been arrested for crimes against humanity due to his poor coaching decisions.

With a new coach in place, the Rangers make a late push for the playoffs and secure a spot in the postseason. Zibanejad, who has recently adopted a vegan diet and convinced his teammates to do the same, leads the Rangers on an incredible run through the playoffs, with McDavid and Fox playing crucial roles.

In the Stanley Cup Finals, the Rangers face off against the heavily-favored Vegas Golden Knights, who are coached by none other than Gerard Gallant, recently released from prison. The Rangers, fueled by their vegan diet and a desire to prove themselves, overcome the odds and win the Stanley Cup in a dramatic Game 7, with Zibanejad scoring the winning goal.

As the team celebrates their victory, they reflect on the unlikely journey that brought them to this point, including the trade for McDavid, Gallant's arrest, and their newfound appreciation for tofu.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
You know why it’s really not happening for? Kaapo Kakko. The puck goes to die on his stick and he’s now way behind Chytil and Lafreniere. It pains me to say because I was really high on his game earlier in the year
Chytil has been even worse. Laf has been the only one half decent. Wish Kane scored on that one timer that was a good play

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
You can just watch the team and see that the communication is awful, the players are guessing what each other is going to do. It's pathetic with the quality of players on this team. Teams with actual structure integrate new players in a better way, anyone who questioned if this staff and team has had structure to it has yet another reason to wonder now.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Chytil has been even worse. Laf has been the only one half decent. Wish Kane scored on that one timer that was a good play

Nah Chytil’s been fine. Rough last couple games like everyone but he still gets chances and is noticeable when not scoring. Kakko hasn’t contributed anything in a month and that’s not an exaggeration. Hasn’t scored on a net with a goalie since Tarasenko’s first game

You can just watch the team and see that the communication is awful, the players are guessing what each other is going to do. It's pathetic with the quality of players on this team. Teams with actual structure integrate new players in a better way, anyone who questioned if this staff and team has had structure to it has yet another reason to wonder now.

The communication is soooo bad. 2 guys will go for a loose puck and both peel away expecting the other to get it. It’s a coaching issue, there is 0 structure 5v5.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Nah Chytil’s been fine. Rough last couple games like everyone but he still gets chances and is noticeable when not scoring. Kakko hasn’t contributed anything in a month and that’s not an exaggeration. Hasn’t scored on a net with a goalie since Tarasenko’s first game

The communication is soooo bad. 2 guys will go for a loose puck and both peel away expecting the other to get it. It’s a coaching issue, there is 0 structure 5v5.

Chytil looks more noticeable because he can actually skate lol. But he’s made more mistakes too. Kakko is just invisible, getting crowded out by Kane and Tarasenko has completely submarined his season

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah. Have seen some really nice play from Chytil and Laf. The Laf scoring hasn’t even been his best work. He has been finding space and gobbling it up. And Chytil, too, has been noticeable and dangerous. Kakko has been a bit quiet but I’m not really worried. Once things start clicking - assuming they do start clicking - they’ll be more effective. The whole team is just keeping its head above water right now. Gotta ride it out.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Chytil looks more noticeable because he can actually skate lol. But he’s made more mistakes too. Kakko is just invisible, getting crowded out by Kane and Tarasenko has completely submarined his season

Second season in a row the Rangers needed to trade for 2 RWs because Kakko can’t run with the opportunity handed to him. No one should be shocked when he’s traded this summer while he still has value

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Saw this multiple times today, most glaring was Kane and trouba in the d zone and they both just left it there.

Reactions: McRanger92

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I dunno. Good teams look dominant. Pens in 2016 were much better than their opponents. Same with Colorado last year.
It's unfair to compare the rangers to those teams. This year there are maybe two "dominant" teams. We know who one is, i won't dare mention the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad