• Bevin Schneider

• Kandre Miller

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Man the penguins are all over us they are …….. check notes……. 7 (really 8) points back with 17 to go.

Oh and buffalo? That was basically their game 7. We just put a dagger in their season. They emptied the tank. We barely showed up still won. We’re going to be a very tough out come playoff time.

stop. there's no in between with this board. your reasonable post doesn't belong here. 2 weeks ago we were the best team ever assembled when we got Kane and anyone who disagreed was linked to the Devils sub forum. now we're the worst team on earth because we struggled against actually a really talented team.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Man the penguins are all over us they are …….. check notes……. 7 (really 8) points back with 17 to go.

Oh and buffalo? That was basically their game 7. We just put a dagger in their season. They emptied the tank. We barely showed up still won. We’re going to be a very tough out come playoff time.

And before today we were looking at a possibility of it being 3 points 24 hours from now.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Still going thru my notes guys get this. that was Patrick Kane’s FOURTH whole game as a Ranger.

That was also only the SECOND game we’ve played with 12 and 6 dmen in 3 weeks! We won them both too.
And before today we were looking at a possibility of it being 3 points 24 hours from now.

And before winning today we were looking at the possibility of it being 3 points (really 4) 24 hours from now.

Whew. That’s really a stretch to get to that level of panic. But read that outloud to yourself and see if maybe you’re being a bit dramatic.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That’s exactly what I did. Why waste 3 hours being pissed at this joke of a franchise? I really wish I was wrong and regretted my decision to not watch, but of course they let me down. A win is a win, sure. But I don’t care. We’re not doing any damage in the playoffs playing like this.
PLEASE. Please go be a Canucks fan. “Joke of a franchise” — THEY WON THE f***ING GAME. Holy cow there are some absolutely BRUTAL entitled posts in this thread. The melodramatic posts are too much. There is just NO WAY, no way you and some others watched this team at the turn of the century. Because if you did, you wouldn’t be acting this way.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah that was awful. We're not going anywhere if we play like that in the playoffs.

I think Buffalo threw everything at us, but we can’t play like this against the playoff teams. We are in a rut and we are a good team than can still pull out wins, but it will only last so long, and will be more difficult as the competition gets tougher.

Reactions: DialUp

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kakko getting about 12 min a game or less for third straight game. Should be fresh for the playoffs I guess.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
My rational mind is telling me that teams don't coast or take games off. Teams in the NHL, and NHL players by association, don't just go through the motions and "save it" for later. This is the best league in the world and the best players in the world and that nonsense doesn't happen.

With that being said, when I watch this team, they are coasting. They have the aura of just going through the motions. They haven't put in an effort against an non-playoff team in a month and even playoff teams it almost feels like they are just thinking, yeah whatever.

I flat out can not explain it any other way given that we saw this team, after the first month and a half, just steamroll everyone they played.

Reactions: egelband

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Just caught the thread title, A++

Game D-

The people saying the Sabres are an inferior team, are they? They suck defensively but at least they're good at something. What are we good at?
Holy cow. OK, look the team has been garbage for weeks now, but we are still good at winning hockey games. Our ceiling is a CUP RUN. We expect more because we have so much talent.

That said, we Wild Card here we come!

Reactions: Leonardo87

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Poll was edited to allow three votes
angry-slam.gif

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
My rational mind is telling me that teams don't coast or take games off. Teams in the NHL, and NHL players by association, don't just go through the motions and "save it" for later. This is the best league in the world and the best players in the world and that nonsense doesn't happen.

With that being said, when I watch this team, they are coasting. They have the aura of just going through the motions. They haven't put in an effort against an non-playoff team in a month and even playoff teams it almost feels like they are just thinking, yeah whatever.

I flat out can not explain it any other way given that we saw this team, after the first month and a half, just steamroll everyone they played.
They are absolutely coasting. And I don’t blame them. They have been firmly in playoff position for months and they have last year’s grueling playoff run seared into their memory. Lindgren recently had his shoulder ripped out of its socket in a meaningless game. No one wants to get hurt before mid-April. I suspect they will naturally ramp it back up the last week or two before playoffs. These are the dog days of winter.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
PLEASE. Please go be a Canucks fan. “Joke of a franchise” — THEY WON THE f***ING GAME. Holy cow there are some absolutely BRUTAL entitled posts in this thread. The melodramatic posts are too much. There is just NO WAY, no way you and some others watched this team at the turn of the century. Because if you did, you wouldn’t be acting this way.
I mean I’m 26. It’s a two-way street. I was too young to care about the dark ages, but I was also too young to experience a Cup. Regardless, you don’t get to tell me how I should feel. I’ve put lots of time and money into this team, and after a long day of work and studying, this is my sole entertainment. I have every right to complain, yet I’m usually pretty positive. All it really comes down to is two things: entertainment and a Cup. Give me at least one of those. I’ll even be patient during a rebuild because I know it’s for a better future. But we’re supposed to be challenging for a Cup and we have a coach who doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way if shesterkin was as punchy against the bruins as he was tonight. Two or more like 3 of the goals he gave up don’t go in. He was off his line quick and strong all game.

He started to feel it in that third period against Montreal and just played a tremendous game today. If I were him I’d want to play tomorrow. He won’t I’m sure 3 in 4 is not a great idea but he should be itching ti get back out there right now knowing that feeling

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
For those glass-full optimists who say "a win is a win. We got two points."

This team f***ing sucks. I don't give a shit if we got two points. We played down (again) to a team who gave up 10 goals last game. If we can't f***ing dominate Buffalo or Montreal, how the hell do you expect us to dominate against the Devils or Hurricanes?

FFS. I hate this team so much right now.

Nobody dominates against the Devils and Huricanes.

Good teams win even when they're not great. Bad teams don't.

2 more points.

I'd rather miss the playoffs than lose in round 1, which is what we;re 100% gonna do.

Yeah.

Missing the playoffs is fun.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I gotta say I’m thrilled right now

THE most important thing that you could get out of these last two games is what shesterkin did from the third period in Montreal thru tonight. That’s elite goaltending. That’s been my biggest concern. If this guy starts ti feel good now? The whole team will find another level. They’re 3 points out of top 4 in the league and they’ve done that largely with bad goaltending and some chaos these last few weeks.

Goaltending will settle it all down

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
And we have that buffer. The reason people are getting so upset is because it feels like the effort is lacking, especially from our best players. Everyone around us is winning, and we're just sneaking past teams well behind us.
Yep. And I totally get it. The team looks pretty bad. They look like they’re playing in a ln exhibition game.
I just think its not time to worry yet. Let’s see how they look in a couple weeks. If they’re not much tighter by game 75, I’ll be boarding a lifeboat too.

Reactions: Crease
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad