• Bevin Schneider

• Kandre Miller

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
They are absolutely coasting. And I don’t blame them. They have been firmly in playoff position for months and they have last year’s grueling playoff run seared into their memory. Lindgren recently had his shoulder ripped out of its socket in a meaningless game. No one wants to get hurt before mid-April. I suspect they will naturally ramp it back up the last week or two before playoffs. These are the dog days of winter.
Don’t be surprised when the engine doesn’t start up after a few months of not using it.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Yeah Buffalo is clearly paying with a lot of desperation. I honestly was impressed with the Sabres tonight.

I definitely think line shuffling is in order. Also Kane looks anemic and he is playing like it to.
yea thought he looked better with laf and chytil, chytil has been really bad lately though so they spent some time in their end. thought he and laf played off each other well though on a few sequences, and at their best think those 2 are a much better complement 5 on 5. they'll both transition the puck, they can retrieve pucks, can possess pucks deep....the kind of players that can allow kane to get lost in space and can take advantage of his offensive talents off of. thats where he would be at his best. the line with panarin/troch is a mess...kane/panarin only want to create off transition/stretch passes which is just no way to win in the playoffs.

the lines in the 3rd are the type that will help kane, and i think panarin benefits playing with 2 other guys who are shooters and play more in traffic. think that is honestly our best setup with the wingers - could see swapping tank/kakko though. could also see gallant experiment with the centers between different sets of those wings, but realistically only one that might be an improvement is swapping chytil/troch if chytil is too much of a liability with laf/kane. laf has become very solid in his own end, esp when it comes to helping out down low, but chytil is so lost when it comes to coverage he might need kakko and kreider around him to not end up a complete liability.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
You have every right to complain. Yes you are correct about that. And we have every right to judge and critique your “complaining” as overreaction and dramatic. Get a bit more seasoned for some perspective. Because guess what, all that BS about how you pour money and time into this team means absolutely nothing after a long hard day/week/etc. You wanna know why? Because we all do too. We are all invested. But many of us have the perspective you are lacking. If you had it, you wouldn’t assess each and every game in a vacuum. The bitching and moaning after WINS wouldn’t be occurring. Your group is all the same. Even though this NHL team wins games, you seem to believe you know more than the NHL coach. You present an entitled facade that has an expectation that every W should be a flawless one. You’ll learn. In due time you will learn.
When did I say I expected every W to be a flawless one? Lol come on bro. I’ve been seeing a trend of us getting worse and worse and that’s all there is to it. It’s just a hockey forum and a place to vent. Hardly entitled

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I would like to remind everyone that the other guys are getting paid too and in the case of Buffalo, fighting for a playoff position. It’s not all “Rangers bad”.
What about Montreal? Philadelphia? Detroit? all the other bottom feeders we've laid eggs against.

Yeah if its a one off thing who cares, but the Rangers have done this all season, and since February have been playing like absolute dog piss, and they're getting worse each game. We were told its because of the trade deadline, or the Miller suspension, or the injuries etc etc. But they are not improving. This is the time of the year where we should be getting into a groove for the playoffs because guess what our opponents will and are.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Yeah Buffalo is clearly paying with a lot of desperation. I honestly was impressed with the Sabres tonight.

I definitely think line shuffling is in order. Also Kane looks anemic and he is playing like it to.
I saw Kane skate a bit here and there which is an improvement from his previous games of coasting and xbox controller disconnected mode.

Reactions: will1066

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I would like to remind everyone that the other guys are getting paid too and in the case of Buffalo, fighting for a playoff position. It’s not all “Rangers bad”.
This is forgotten by fans on a game by game basis. Other teams are playing to win too.

Reactions: NikC and tlk

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Buffalo is going to be the next Devils IMO. A young team that struggled together, but through that struggle create real chemistry that elevates the play of the whole team.

One thing I noticed in Montreal during the pregame warmups was Montreal was very loose and having fun, while the Rangers seemed very businesslike. I know the stakes aren’t as high for Montreal, but I wonder if there’s just issues with the Rangers where they’re just not enjoying the game right now for whatever reason. No passion, no looseness. Probably means nothing, but it’s just an observation.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kane takes some long ass shifts. This isn't Chicago.

The Rangers have zero physical presence. No forecheck. Nothing.

The best game of the season was the home game against the Flames. Blais hit lucic. Trouba hit Dube and Kadri. Trouba had to fight Tanev after the Dube hit. The NHL GM's want to change that. A player should not have to fight after a clean hit. The NHL should use the rule book. 2 minute instigator and 10 minute misconduct. Cuylle played in that game. The Rangers were a big and heavy team. Lafreniere scored in OT. Best game of the season in the NHL.

The Rangers are an all finesse team. I hate this shit. So much.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Would rather win games during a rough stretch than lose them. The boys will click, they just need time. Patience.
Still doesn't allow me to "like", but yes always better than a loss. I'd rather these close "pathetic" wins now, and ramping up soon and scoring 5/6 per game. Not sure if I even wanna read anymore. It'll be same like last game. Depressing

The best game of the season was the home game against the Flames. Blais hit lucic. Trouba hit Dube and Kadri. Trouba had to fight Tanev after the Dube hit. The NHL GM's want to change that. A player should not have to fight after a clean hit. The NHL should use the rule book. 2 minute instigator and 10 minute misconduct. Cuylle played in that game. The Rangers were a big and heavy team. Lafreniere scored in OT. Best game of the season in the NHL.

Drury was a finesse player. Would we be a heavier less talented team with BOOM as GM, or Mess?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
They will pick up the physicality in the playoffs. Last year, they were becoming known for being a physical team hard to play against. Who have they lost where that's not possible anymore? Reaves and his late hits? Wasn't doing even that this year, so no biggie. Blais didn't play last year. Strome? The dude was a solid Ranger and stood up for his teammates but Vinny is ready to do the same. Vatrano and Copp were not exactly physical players. The core is still the same and we will see them pick it up physically in the playoffs.

Lindy will be back. There's some tuffness on every D pairing. The forward lines can be made to be more balanced so that there is a more physical player on each line - we have the personnel for it. Kreider, Laf, Tro, the 4th liners. It's just a question of whether Caveman Gallant can get out of his way and put them there. Why would they risk injury during a crazy long regular season when they are locked into a spot?

This is how the league is now. Most teams at the top are not running huge power forwards in their top 6. Tkachuks, Wilson, Rantanen - those are rare.

Plus we have the most feared hitting defenseman in the league somehow.

We were the bullies last year and will be again this year. People need to chill.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Good news guys, the team won despite not playing anywhere near their best. They have new star players trying to fit into the lineup with very little practice time. On top of that, it seems our players are going too far out of the way to try to accommodate these new players. So, logically, once things settle down, we should be able to cut out the silly mistakes and figure out what works best.

My only real concern is the Trouba/Miller pair. There a too many times that they just look inept in their own end. Their gaps are too big and Miller gets lost too often. Hopefully, Miller gets back to playing, at least defensively, like he was earlier in the year.

I know we want the team to be at their best every night, but that's not realistic. Every team has ups and downs during the season. Even the B's, who are having a historic year, haven't guaranteed themselves anything. Imagine if they go out in the first or second round? Now that is real disappointment. If it was the Rangers, this board would vaporize.

At the end of the day, its just hockey... a distraction from everyday life. Enjoy it for what it is.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Montreal just gave the devils all they could handle.

Montreal

That’s the same exact team except you replaced blais (who everyone here despised) with Patrick Friggen Kane and Less than Jake with Tarasenko a very heavy type north south shoot first forward

So don’t tell me we were a heavy team and now we’re just a finesse team lol

Last edited:

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
The Hurricanes lost to Anaheim recently. Anaheim. FOUR NOTHING.

Acting like losing to shit teams only happens to the Rangers simply isn't paying attention to the rest o the league.

Do I like what I've seen over the past two weeks? No. Do I acknowledge several things? Yes.

1.) 20% of the lineup is changed since before the deadline. Tarasenko. Kane. Mikkola. Motte.
2.) There has been significant turmoil - lineup changes, playing short, playing without two of your top 4 D, integrating two new power play units, etc...
3.) There is/was a buffer between them and the dogs barking at their heels.

Let's see how they play this afternoon. If it's lethargic in the first period then we might have something to worry about. This is an important game.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Missed this one and missed the PGT as a result.

Sheesh. Get a grip people. This was a nothing game against a team desperate to make the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years. Take the two points and get ready for the back to back today against another desperate team.

I'm sick of the pissing and moaning about toUgHnEsS. This team is plenty tough and heavy. As has been mentioned, no one wants to get hurt with 15 games to go till the playoffs. The 2013-14 and 2014-15 teams were way more "finesse" than this team is.

Patrick Kane has more of an edge than Sammy Blais did here. The latter obviously hated it here and likes it in STL. Guy was a zombie here and we're bemoaning losing him? GTFOH.

Time for me to take another long break from here, I think.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
This team is so Jekyll and Hyde. There is no in-between. I know a win is a win, but that was awful. I'm glad Igor was back for one game, hopefully he keeps it going.

Hopefully the boys really aren't giving it full effort, not sure I buy that but if they aren't, I hope the engine does start once they to to start it up again.

I said it last night but this team should be so much better than they are. And that goes back to before we got Tarasenko and Kane.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
What about Montreal? Philadelphia? Detroit? all the other bottom feeders we've laid eggs against.

Yeah if its a one off thing who cares, but the Rangers have done this all season, and since February have been playing like absolute dog piss, and they're getting worse each game. We were told its because of the trade deadline, or the Miller suspension, or the injuries etc etc. But they are not improving. This is the time of the year where we should be getting into a groove for the playoffs because guess what our opponents will and are.

They’ve won both games since getting a full roster together. They aren’t playing great but the “I told you so’s” are a bit much. There’s a month of hockey left to play. People cry wolf that the sky is falling after every loss(and most win). It’s tiresome.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
They’ve won both games since getting a full roster together. They aren’t playing great but the “I told you so’s” are a bit much. There’s a month of hockey left to play. People cry wolf that the sky is falling after every loss(and most win). It’s tiresome.
It's just exhausting. Come playoff time, I don't care how this team wins. Just get to 16 wins. By any means necessary.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
They will pick up the physicality in the playoffs. Last year, they were becoming known for being a physical team hard to play against. Who have they lost where that's not possible anymore? Reaves and his late hits? Wasn't doing even that this year, so no biggie. Blais didn't play last year. Strome? The dude was a solid Ranger and stood up for his teammates but Vinny is ready to do the same. Vatrano and Copp were not exactly physical players. The core is still the same and we will see them pick it up physically in the playoffs.

Lindy will be back. There's some tuffness on every D pairing. The forward lines can be made to be more balanced so that there is a more physical player on each line - we have the personnel for it. Kreider, Laf, Tro, the 4th liners. It's just a question of whether Caveman Gallant can get out of his way and put them there. Why would they risk injury during a crazy long regular season when they are locked into a spot?

This is how the league is now. Most teams at the top are not running huge power forwards in their top 6. Tkachuks, Wilson, Rantanen - those are rare.

Plus we have the most feared hitting defenseman in the league somehow.

We were the bullies last year and will be again this year. People need to chill.
Nice very positive post, and I agree. I am particularly happy about Panarins play of late. Still many turnovers but he seems more engaged.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice very positive post, and I agree. I am particularly happy about Panarins play of late. Still many turnovers but he seems more engaged.

The Panarin turnovers are always an issue with him. But when he is scoring clutch and GW goals I can kinda give him a pass. Lol. I understand it’s not good for the flow of the game.

The entire team outside of Shesty was meh last night but , they got the 2 points. Someone said above this was a good game for Shesty’s confidence. Totally agree with that.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I get that.

but the issue is we are bad at generating offense. Other teams have their way with the Buffalo's of the league. We're being 'doubled up' in terms of xG against these lower teams at 5v5. That's a problem that will not just go away in the Playoffs. We need to be much better if we plan on winning a Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad