• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way watching devils game right now and they’re calmly talking about how the Hughes line is struggling a bit to find chemistry with Meier because they’re going to need some time to gel.

And then there’s rangers twitter……

Reactions: egelband and RGY

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
They are absolutely coasting. And I don’t blame them. They have been firmly in playoff position for months and they have last year’s grueling playoff run seared into their memory. Lindgren recently had his shoulder ripped out of its socket in a meaningless game. No one wants to get hurt before mid-April. I suspect they will naturally ramp it back up the last week or two before playoffs. These are the dog days of winter.
Nailed it.

Reg season is too long. Playoffs too easy to make.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I mean I’m 26. It’s a two-way street. I was too young to care about the dark ages, but I was also too young to experience a Cup. Regardless, you don’t get to tell me how I should feel. I’ve put lots of time and money into this team, and after a long day of work and studying, this is my sole entertainment. I have every right to complain, yet I’m usually pretty positive. All it really comes down to is two things: entertainment and a Cup. Give me at least one of those. I’ll even be patient during a rebuild because I know it’s for a better future. But we’re supposed to be challenging for a Cup and we have a coach who doesn’t know what he’s doing.
You have every right to complain. Yes you are correct about that. And we have every right to judge and critique your “complaining” as overreaction and dramatic. Get a bit more seasoned for some perspective. Because guess what, all that BS about how you pour money and time into this team means absolutely nothing after a long hard day/week/etc. You wanna know why? Because we all do too. We are all invested. But many of us have the perspective you are lacking. If you had it, you wouldn’t assess each and every game in a vacuum. The bitching and moaning after WINS wouldn’t be occurring. Your group is all the same. Even though this NHL team wins games, you seem to believe you know more than the NHL coach. You present an entitled facade that has an expectation that every W should be a flawless one. You’ll learn. In due time you will learn.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They played this game like a vocal portion of the board thinks they’ve played every single game this season. f***ing awful.

However! We’re 2-0 since we started playing with a full squad. Still not even remotely concerned.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They played this game like a vocal portion of the board thinks they’ve played every single game this season. f***ing awful.

However! We’re 2-0 since we started playing with a full squad. Still not even remotely concerned.

Imagine if they lost the last 2 games? :skeptic:

• Haha
Reactions: McRanger92

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
yeah we did this last March too, played half throttle against shitty teams and still won. it's just that it's been going on for like 3 weeks now.

I mean if ever a team had an excuse to play poorly for 3 weeks though right? I mean between the zoo of the deadline the names coming in, two injuries to top 4 dmen, playing 6 games shorthanded. I don’t even know if a team has done that in the cap era.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The majority of people complaining about a win like tonight are also the same people that complained when they were objectively playing well November through December but couldn’t get any puck luck.

They looked like butt tonight, but it doesn’t matter since they’re essentially locked into a playoff spot. I’m done caring about the process for now. They have the talent to win. Keep f***ing winning. If they don’t, be ready for the consequences. It’s that simple.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
So much stick checking. 1 Sabre in front of our net surround by 4 guys poking at the puck, not one guy taking the body for an easy clear, instead the puck pops around and luckily ends up off to the side but still not in our possession.

OT goal gave me a new avy at least.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Some of you are f***ing ridiculous. It makes you look like you just started watching hockey this year with the way you react handling wins/losses. You live and die by each regular season game as if its their last. I urge you to take a look at the 1994 Rangers record around the trade deadline. I have pointed this out before. Even when they got Martin St. Louis in 2014 there were some shaky weeks leading up to the playoffs. A lot of you sound like 1st timers.
I didn’t want to play that card. But, it does seem like a lot of folks haven’t watched a veteran team sleepwalk through a dog-days game.
I'm only half joking when I think something is off with him. He is pale and his hair is falling off in clumps.
Looks like he has jaundice. I was thinking he looks sick or something, as well.

Reactions: will1066

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I think Buffalo threw everything at us, but we can’t play like this against the playoff teams. We are in a rut and we are a good team than can still pull out wins, but it will only last so long, and will be more difficult as the competition gets tougher.
Yeah they even said on the Sabres broadcast that the team looked like they gave it their all on this one. "Unfortunate outcome given they really emptied the tank on this one" People are forgetting this team is still in the hunt and they are desperate. And they were pissed after giving up 10 goals in the last game. This was one of those games where the conditions were just right for the opposing team to be some of their best hockey of the season.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
This team will come together at the right time, the staff is giving some lines some time to prove it and then they'll make adjustments, Gallant said much the other day. I still believe you can have 2 pp units that are good but Fox starts on whichever one hops over the boards. I also think the previous version was just starting to gel before the Kane trade where Tarasenko was on the right side. Have some patience folks, it the cream will rise to the top with this team and it will come together but as i said before this is gonna be a bumpy ride but it will work out, but no matter what the East is tough, we could win a cup or go out in round 1.

Reactions: egelband

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Reading the comments on the first page are hillarious......and a reminder of how bonkers this website can be.

They won...lol.

Yeah they looked bad for long streches...but Buffalo is highly talented team on the rise, fighting for a playoff spot...

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Igor playing like this is the best possible thing for this team.

Play him again tomorrow, and all next week.

i dont want to see halak until the predators game 3/19
Could be they do this. Get him a run of games, playoff style, now, as a warmup and then some rest - regular-to-light workload - before the playoffs begin.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Also: is it just me or do Sabres games always suck? Even as a kid, going back to 1996, I don’t remember ever enjoying a game against Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad