OT: Bombers Thread: Bombers down Sask. Next West Final @CGY Nov 18

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So the Riders haven’t beaten the BB’s in a playoff game since 1955!?!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Highly doubt we lose Streveler to the NFL. It just doesn’t happen very often. He’ll probably be backup again for us next season and depending on how things go with Nichols I can see Streveler officially taking the reigns as starter in 2020.

Reactions: kellhunter

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
if this is correct (and i am too indifferent to check it out), it means one of the two spins:
-guaranteed win for Wpg due to a 70 year old trend that hasn't had statistical sampling in a long time
-guaranteed win for Sask because they're due and odds tend to even out

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Highly doubt we lose Streveler to the NFL. It just doesn’t happen very often. He’ll probably be backup again for us next season and depending on how things go with Nichols I can see Streveler officially taking the reigns as starter in 2020.

Streveler was never on NFL radar and will never be, there was zero interest on him coming out of college.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I started the discussion and I am talking about him playing QB in the NFL.

His running ability is a huge skill and several NFL teams are seeking a backup QB with that skill. Watch what the Saints and Ravens are doing.

The passing and football IQ are there too. You have a guy who is a rookie pro with a decent sample who turned the ball over at a rate lower than most starting QBs in the CFL this year and put up scores at a very high rate when he played actual QB, aside from the short-yardage/change of pace stuff.

If he comes in next year and is the same player or better he won’t be in the CFL in 2020 unless someone pays him starter money, or a reasonable bonus structure to get there.
Zero chance he makes the NFL, but we can agree to disagree. Let's re-visit this thread in 2020.

Reactions: kellhunter

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Streveler was never on NFL radar and will never be, there was zero interest on him coming out of college.
He actually had a few sniffs from NFL teams prior to joining the Bombers, but that was just to be a training camp body, so that's why he turned those opportunities down and came to the CFL. But I agree, he's not NFL material and never will be.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
We're due to beat the Riders in the playoffs.
I think you're right. In fact I think tis is the year the Bombers win the Cup! And when they do, they're brining it back home to Winnipeg! - Ed Olczyk.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
All of Jones's playoff signings have arrived.

giphy.gif

Reactions: snowkiddin

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Bighill nominated for MODP, Harris for MOC, and Bryant for Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman :nod:
Also Harris, Adams, Bryant, Chungh, Goossen, Bighill, Loffler are all West All-Stars

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
1972 Western Final Winnipeg Stadium it was freezing I was at that game ... Bombers had a big lead only to blow it. The game was tied 24-24 ...
"Saskatchewan attempted a last-second field goal to win, or at least score a single. The kick missed wide, and was recovered by Winnipeg in the end zone. As they were unable to run it out, they punted. The Saskatchewan player who fielded the punt attempted to score a single (winning the game) by punting it through the end zone again, but was unsuccessful, and the punt was fielded by Winnipeg, who punted it out again. The Saskatchewan returner was tackled, ending the play and presumably the game, but a Winnipeg penalty negated the play and gave Saskatchewan another chance. The second Saskatchewan field goal attempt, with no time on the clock, was successful.

Actually you are kind of right the Riders did not beat the BBs ... the refs did.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Protect the ball equals win the game. I said in July amongst the panic here that Bombers will be fine and hopefully they will peak at the right time for once, Id love to be right!

Reactions: The Blue Baron

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
It all comes down to ball control, and if the Bombers' Defense is what they think they are, or what I think they are.

I think this team should be better suited than most to make the transition into these miserable cold weather games.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's very unlikely that Collaros plays. Sask went out and talked Drew Tate out of retirement, they would not have done that if Collaros was going to play. So it'll probably be Bridge, Watford, or Tate. All of which are a huge downgrade on what is already the league's worst offense. Sask depends entirely on scoring defensive touchdowns and winning the turnover battle by 3 or 4 every single game. So long as Nichols doesn't underhand lob the ball to the Riders again the Bombers will win this game.
Reading the papers today, it seems that Collaros might get the start, and I wonder if Jones is just playing with the Bombers.

(by the way, we already freed Dano). :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad