Post-Game Talk: Bolts @ Leafs - March 20 - hail to our leader, kadri. thunder speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Doesn't have a choice?

He has a choice of putting Bozak's line or Grabo's line.

Kadri played 11 of his 15 minutes against two of the top 5 point getters in the NHL right now in Stamkos/MSL.

Kadri is the best puck possession guy on the team by far. The team loses when he is not touching the puck. The Bozak line 5x5 GAA is actually worse than their goals for.
That line actually bleeds goals.
Coach has no choice but to give Kadri a key role and hope for the best.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Has anyone else been really impressed with Lupul's game? I hope he doesn't tone down his nasty side at all. He's really bringing it right now.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Has anyone else been really impressed with Lupul's game? I hope he doesn't tone down his nasty side at all. He's really bringing it right now.

He was the best forward and player on the Leafs last year. Look like he's just as good this year so far. Kadri making a case for himself though now.

MajorityRules*

Thank-you BOYD DEVEREAUX!

I'd just like to say this points out the collective pathetic impatience this fanbase has with it's prospects and the team in general. So many here just can't sit back and wait a few years to see how things progress. Devereaux was public enemy #1 before this season.

If I remember correctly, we as a board were informed by one Disgruntled poster that our prospects (which included Kadri) were mediocre at best. Why? Because some just don't have the patience and foresight to see that the majority of draft picks have to take time to develop and just because they don't make the jump in their first few seasons is no reason to doubt their abilities. The future is bright.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Easy win, Tampa looked totally disinterested pretty much the entire night.

Couldn't tell from our seats, did Gardiner tip in the 1st Tampa goal?

Kadri has really made his mark, best game by far I've seen him play. Starting to notice more and more Kadri shirts around the building. Amazing what patient development can deliver.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
He was the best forward and player on the Leafs last year. Look like he's just as good this year so far. Kadri making a case for himself though now.[/QUOTE
he was a nice signing .......hope it rubs off on kessel .....geez i look at marty st louis and kessel in the same game ...no camparison in work ethic .
lupul at 5.5 may end up being a bargain yet ..

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
That was a pretty good game.

Man, Gardiner is so smooth.

He's also gonna get smacked around in practice for pinching without the puck too often. Might be just excitement that got to him, but I noticed he was doing that quit a bit last night. Anyone else notice?

In any case, it was nice to see him back. Can't wait till he gets his game going in the bigs again!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
There was no reason I was ever going to get off the Kadri "bandwagon," you don't hope for your own prospects to bust to prove your point (like a few on these boards did).

Kadri > Schenn. If we picked 5th..we were getting B.Schenn and we wouldn't have JvR.

Funny how everything works out in the end.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Play ALL of the wingers with Kadri!

34te5wk.png

Took the kids and sat in the top row of 319. 5 and 0 this year when we're there. :handclap:

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
Feel good guys,

Overall solid effort. I really like what Gardiner’s brings , he looks more mature this time around. He is very steady and smart (aka young Kabarle steady). He jumped to rushes few times, and he was surprisingly good around boards.
Lupul’s “head” hit was carless. I’m sure he didn’t mean it going for the head, I just hope it is none or 1 game suspension. Lups plays with such explosion and fire, also I think he did it because Hedem (sp) hit Nazem from behind just prior to this hit.
I love Kadri’s line. Bozak’s line was ok, but I still think JVR must be injured or something, he was losing a lot of 1 on 1 battles at the boards… As much as I like Bozak I really think we need legit 1st line center to get Kessel going… JVR looks like Andreychuk, pure
Big sniper who waits for scoring opportunities, problem is he doesn’t have Gilmour to get him the puck. Weird thing is I think it has to be Kessel (playmaker) to do that… I think Stastny or Ribeiro (both pure playmakers) would be an instant upgrade over Bozak.

What about Kulemin, where have you been Nikolai all this time ??? Was it Grabo stopping you??? Kadri – Lupul – Kulemin is probably our #1 line… Troika plays wonderful together… Good job on RC part for putting them together… They shutdown Stamkos line pretty well…

Grabo’s line… hmmm… Both Frattin and Mac were scoring when playing on Kadri’s line, now the whole line was -2… Grabo missed on some chances… As much as I love the guy, I really think we/he could use some change of scenery… Since there is no way, there is a team
Up there to pay him $5.5mil for the next 4 years… I hate to say but we should use amnesty buyout on him after the season… Unless he will turn his game around…. He has players to play now and no excuses… I was thinking about putting Grabo with Kessel and JVR, but if he cannot do it with Frattin and Mac I don’t think he could do it…

4th line was ok, Orr didn’t look too sharp though. I wonder if RC will dress up both Orr/McLaren against Boston… We might have to do it tonight if Lups gets suspended.

I’ve read a lot of positives about Colbourne and how he improved in the recent weeks. His wrist is apparently all good now. I think we should call him up, if we can unload Grabo…. (which probably is impossible)..

In the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period team took foot of the gas, I guess looking to tonight Buffalo game.

Franson – Fresor played 19 minutes last night, and they looked good…

Reimer looks a little shaky… once again he couldn’t catch puck once or twice… Get him some Jays players to teach him how to do it. I’m sure it was also extra pressure of 5-games losing streak…

Nothing to complain, other than Grabo…

GO LEAFS GO !!!

leafspring*

Kadri is todays Sittler era if your a young leaf fan. Enjoy! Fortunately Carlyle has now decided Snazzy is his best center and will give him the responsibility he wants/deserves.

Excellent win i was getting a little concerned.

mikebel111*

kadri is a beast, he is getting more time agaist top players, and is taking the bull by the horns
he is a guy that really pisses off the other team with his hits that he dishes out.
elite skill and vision
kid could be unstoppable in the near future

mikebel111*

Kadri is the best puck possession guy on the team by far. The team loses when he is not touching the puck. The Bozak line 5x5 GAA is actually worse than their goals for.
That line actually bleeds goals.
Coach has no choice but to give Kadri a key role and hope for the best.

agreed. when ever kadri has the puck, there is potential for somthing special to occur

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
kadri is a beast, he is getting more time agaist top players, and is taking the bull by the horns
he is a guy that really pisses off the other team with his hits that he dishes out.
elite skill and vision
kid could be unstoppable in the near future
Hurray for you and I believing in him BEFORE the season started. :handclap:

I can't believe many thought he was a bust before this season started. The maximum expectation I've seen for Kadri in another thread was 30 points in 48 game and people made fun of that person. So glad he's at a PPG pace and proving all these guys wrong.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga

Lupul has been dominant since coming back but he's taken a lot of penalties too. So far it hasn't been an issue though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad