Post-Game Talk: Bolts @ Leafs - March 20 - hail to our leader, kadri. thunder speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
34te5wk.png

Took the kids and sat in the top row of 319. 5 and 0 this year when we're there. :handclap:
Were you guys a few of the dozen fans making noise last night?

Was a decent game, but that TBay team is terrible outside of MSL and Stammer. Their goaltending looked like ours most nights, letting glove shots in constantly

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Were you guys a few of the dozen fans making noise last night?

Was a decent game, but that TBay team is terrible outside of MSL and Stammer. Their goaltending looked like ours most nights, letting glove shots in constantly

If you heard 1 little 5 year-old voice chanting Go Leafs Go from the very top row of the rink after everyone else stopped, that was us. My youngest rocking the Bozak jersey is not self-conscious at all. He yelled "booyakashaw!!!" for a good minute and a half after Bozak scored...I have no idea where he got that one from.

i4l3xz.png

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
If you heard 1 little 5 year-old voice chanting Go Leafs Go from the very top row of the rink after everyone else stopped, that was us. My youngest rocking the Bozak jersey is not self-conscious at all. He yelled "booyakashaw!!!" for a good minute and a half after Bozak scored...I have no idea where he got that one from.

i4l3xz.png
Haha that's awesome, must've been a fun night. Good on ya :handclap:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

i4l3xz.png

Good to see them into the game.

I've noticed more and more the younger crowd(20's) spend the whole game on their phones including the 2 beside me last night.

Question - did you or anyone else who was there notice the scoreboard continually flashing in the 3rd similar to a camera?

MajorityRules*

i4l3xz.png

Excellent. Looks like some true die hards in the making. Gotta say, I'm feeling for your other son with the Schenn jersey. Got one myself after going 20 years without buying one, only to have him traded the year I purchased it. Been thinking of getting a Kadri one but I dont want to jinx anything.:)

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto

i4l3xz.png

That's awesome :laugh:

Maybe you need to go to the games more often. You've pretty much been to every home win this season and there haven't been that many. What are you doing Saturday when Boston is in town? I think Leafs and all of Leafs Nation would appreciate you taking your good luck to the ACC :)

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
There was no reason I was ever going to get off the Kadri "bandwagon," you don't hope for your own prospects to bust to prove your point (like a few on these boards did).

Kadri > Schenn. If we picked 5th..we were getting B.Schenn and we wouldn't have JvR.

Funny how everything works out in the end.

Funny to think about, if we hadn't picked up Gerber, and he didn't go on his massive hot streak, we would have been a lock for the 5th pick, and ended up with B. Schenn instead of Kadri, and likely had never moved Luke for JvR.

Schenn's vs JvR/Kadri

A tough choice between the two combo's, but I'm liking what we got out of it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Maybe you need to go to the games more often. You've pretty much been to every home win this season and there haven't been that many. What are you doing Saturday when Boston is in town? I think Leafs and all of Leafs Nation would appreciate you taking your good luck to the ACC :)

I'll be there taking a Bruin fan, not expecting it to be pretty.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I'll be there taking a Bruin fan, not expecting it to be pretty.

Well at least your friend will enjoy the game :laugh:

Boston has really gotten into the psyche of Leafs fans. We've played them FAR better this year than last year and yet you can't help but expect a loss. That feeling is probably helped along by the fact that one of our top offensive contributors seems to disappear into a shell everytime he has to face the Bruins. Oh well, I guess they all can't have Kadri's swagger.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Haha that's awesome, must've been a fun night. Good on ya :handclap:

Thanks! Yeah, we had a blast.

I've noticed more and more the younger crowd(20's) spend the whole game on their phones including the 2 beside me last night.

Question - did you or anyone else who was there notice the scoreboard continually flashing in the 3rd similar to a camera?

Actually, yes, my 7 year-old pointed that out and we thought was a camera flash. It was the scoreboard? Weird...

Excellent. Looks like some true die hards in the making. Gotta say, I'm feeling for your other son with the Schenn jersey. Got one myself after going 20 years without buying one, only to have him traded the year I purchased it. Been thinking of getting a Kadri one but I dont want to jinx anything.:)

I offered to get it re-lettered with Kadri, but his name's Luke as well so he's sticking with it. Of course, now Philly with Luke and Braden is the #2 team in the house, as well as being the go-to street hockey personas...

We were in Buffalo for the Frattin OT winner, so 4 at the ACC. WSH-PHI-NJ and last night. I'd love to go Saturday but the oldest is going to need braces. :)

Badger Mayhew*

Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin is an exciting line. If that line starts being our #1 two-way line, it opens the door for Van-Riemsdyk and Kessel to fiend on the easy matchups. Having two scoring line threats is huge.

Then there's MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin....put Colborne in over Grabo and give them easy minutes.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Another thing: I don't know how Phaneuf used to play in Calgary, but I believe that goal in 2nd was how he played.

Just a laser beam.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin is an exciting line. If that line starts being our #1 two-way line, it opens the door for Van-Riemsdyk and Kessel to fiend on the easy matchups. Having two scoring line threats is huge.

Then there's MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin....put Colborne in over Grabo and give them easy minutes.

Ya, colborne looks great recently and I have had it with Grabo. I was one of the few people who were appalled by his contract. Looks like everyone else is starting to notice

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Ya, colborne looks great recently and I have had it with Grabo. I was one of the few people who were appalled by his contract. Looks like everyone else is starting to notice

You did not predict that Kadri would be a PPG player who would force Grabovski to be dropped to the third line and put into a shutdown role he isn't suited for and can't possibly earn his contract in.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
You did not predict that Kadri would be a PPG player who would force Grabovski to be dropped to the third line and put into a shutdown role he isn't suited for and can't possibly earn his contract in.

Doesnt matter. You dont pay 5.5mil to a center that has no chemistry with your franchise RW, unless you already have a better center for said #1RW.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Funny how CMac and Kulie are scoring playing with Kadri, but doing nothing with Grabo. Seems more and more that Grabo is a fit for the wing because he really does lack the vision to be centre.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Doesnt matter. You dont pay 5.5mil to a center that has no chemistry with your franchise RW, unless you already have a better center for said #1RW.

Why not?

You don't need a #1 before you get a #2. Someone has to play in that spot, and if you think you have a good one, you might as well sign them.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Were they in suits? :sarcasm:

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008

Definitely was in that camp as well, I hated the re-signing then, and hate it 10x more now.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Why not?

You don't need a #1 before you get a #2. Someone has to play in that spot, and if you think you have a good one, you might as well sign them.

I was confident with Bozak/kadri/Connolly as our top 3 centers.

Grabovski's play this season has not convinced me that he is better than Connolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad