Post-Game Talk: Bolts @ Leafs - March 20 - hail to our leader, kadri. thunder speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
That's vintage Tom Brady when he came into the NFL. People thought he was a one year fluke...and he worked his butt off to prove how good he is...and now he's arguably the greatest QB to play the game.

I love how Kadri is putting journalists all over Toronto to shame.

Mirtle said Kadri would be a 45 point guy not too long ago :laugh:

The Sun sucks, The Star can suck it, and all the Brayden Schenn fans here can take this to the bank: Kadri is BETTER.

I'm glad we picked 7th instead of 5th.

it's pretty insane how good Kadri actually has been... I don't think a single leaf fan would have taken Kadri ahead of Schenn... not one of us... not even Lebanese leaf ;) But Naz has the tools for stardom and it's his drive and ability to dish out hits which puts him above everyone else. I mean Joe Thornton doesn't play with half the intensity of Kadri... neither does kessel or even Seguin btw... It's early yet but he does have that Giroux esque to his game (words of JVR) and this is a guy who was London's best player a lot of nights playing on the same team as John Tavares. It's nice having something go Toronto's way for once.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
well boys (and girls if your on here), lets face it, naz is our #1 C, next year, he's there. just hope our future with him bodes well.

all that hes been through shows that he has a passion for the game that some guys in and out of this team in the last couple of years have lacked. now please just dont be stupid and trade him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
“It shows you the fire and the competitiveness that he has inside of him,” Carlyle said. “That’s really what everyone has learned from being around the kid. You can go up one side of him and down the other on his deficiencies, but in the end, he’s going to go back out there and prove you wrong. That’s a special skill. He does it in his own way. You’ve got to give the kid credit.”

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Sure Kadri's been great, but let's not discount Brayden Schenn yet. He was the top prospect for a while for a reason. But yeah, atm, Kadri > Schenn :laugh:

I wouldn't want Brayden Schenn over Kadri at any point.

He just does not possess the skills Kadri has, Brayden Schenn has being playing with the Flyers better players (Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell) etc...while Kadri has been our best without playing with great linemates.

We've put like 6 different wingers with Kadri and he's performed to the level the Leafs want him to with all of them.

Whoever Carlyle wants to get going always gets paired up with Kadri.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
“It shows you the fire and the competitiveness that he has inside of him,†Carlyle said. “That’s really what everyone has learned from being around the kid. You can go up one side of him and down the other on his deficiencies, but in the end, he’s going to go back out there and prove you wrong. That’s a special skill. He does it in his own way. You’ve got to give the kid credit.â€

**** you Ron Wilson, bet this is the fire that fuels Kadri.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
“It shows you the fire and the competitiveness that he has inside of him,†Carlyle said. “That’s really what everyone has learned from being around the kid. You can go up one side of him and down the other on his deficiencies, but in the end, he’s going to go back out there and prove you wrong. That’s a special skill. He does it in his own way. You’ve got to give the kid credit.â€

#FireCarlyle

He still played him under 15 min tonight :sarcasm:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I would like to put Kadri up against Seguin as the ultimate test.

Both kids have pride, you see it every time Seguin plays Toronto because he is playing Kessel. That's a special attribute. Same with kadri, it would be a battle, but Seguin is not a Center yet, Kadri is. So in a way Seguin has to prove he can play up the middle still.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It'd be amazing if Kadri has a dartboard with Wilson's face on it. :laugh:

Every time I've made a post saying "**** Ron Wilson" it's gotten removed :laugh:

He's turned it into a motivational tool, every time someone tells him he can't do it, or he has nasty habits, it's just fuel. In Ron Wilson's own demented way, he is as much credit for Nazem's success by being so wrong and stupid, that it is what made Nazem is today. He plays with that edge, the edge that wants to stick it to Rotten. You gotta love that about the kid.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
**** you Ron Wilson, bet this is the fire that fuels Kadri.

Not many people remember this from the lockout but the vultures were circling around Kadri when he was a healthy scratch in the AHL:

Eakins felt that Kadri played okay but he knew that Kadri could do a LOT better...he was scratched for the next game.

“I said it to him, ‘boy you’ve really screwed yourself now,†said Toronto Marlies’ head coach Dallas Eakins. “You showed us once again how well you can play and that’s your bench mark.â€

“He fights back,†Eakins said. “You put him on the bench for two shifts? His next shift? Unbelievable. You put him in the stands? He comes back storming. You knock him down? He is coming back at you. And that’s the great thing about him.â€

That next week he took the ice he went out there and became the AHL Player of the Week with 8 points in 4 games.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
-Kadri has unreal vision and playmaking ability. He has strengthened his body quite a bit and is able to play very physical for a guy his size.
That assist on Lupul's goal was pure skill. He saw the opening, he wanted the puck, he passed it perfectly in a millisecond, goal. It is not possible to execute that play any better.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not many people remember this from the lockout but the vultures were circling around Kadri when he was a healthy scratch in the AHL:

Eakins felt that Kadri played okay but he knew that Kadri could do a LOT better...he was scratched for the next game.

That next week he took the ice he went out there and became the AHL Player of the Week with 8 points in 4 games.

I love Eakins, I want him coaching the Leafs next year regardless of what happens this year with RC. RC is a good coach, night and day with Rotten, but I see Eakins as something better. Perhaps one of our better coach's if given the chance, he understands people, and he has the respect of our players. Don't know if it will happen but he will be a great coach for some org.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto

Sky's the limit for Kadri. Really is just his work ethic, it's the difference between him and a bust. Many players bust because they don't bother to put in the effort. That comment by Eakins is just beautiful. Wilson had no idea what he had in his hands. His own ineptitude ended up benefitting Naz, which is quite ironic. By ****ing on Kadri and throwing him under the bus, instead of making him useless, he made him so much more.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
You knew it was gonna be a good game when halfway through the first Kessel throws a hit and two seconds later Bozak takes the shot on a 2 on 1.

I've been in Spokane for about 6 years now and it's great to see Tyler Johnson producing at an NHL level. Watched him as a Chief in the WHL and he was always one of the best players on the ice. Always hoped the Leafs would sign/draft him, he's a great player. Met him on a golf course once right after he got signed by the Lightning and he couldn't be a nicer guy.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
I love Eakins, I want him coaching the Leafs next year regardless of what happens this year with RC. RC is a good coach, night and day with Rotten, but I see Eakins as something better. Perhaps one of our better coach's if given the chance, he understands people, and he has the respect of our players. Don't know if it will happen but he will be a great coach for some org.

Hard to say, I don't dislike Carlyle so I don't want him fired, yet I really don't want to lose Eakins to anyone. If Carlyle is indeed dismissed and Eakins hired, I'd be pretty much on the line with the decision.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Love how he responds to adversity.

Kid's special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad