Post-Game Talk: Bolts 4, Pens 3 (OT): The Fleury Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I believe the will go back to Murray. you have the logical thought process to back up there if he doesn't do well. you do not have that with Fleury.

If they go back to Murray, you have to think they're moving MAF this summer. I mean what a kick in the pants.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
One thing I noticed is that this Tampa team reminds me in some ways of the Pens in their 2 cup runs. They may just want it more at this point. I think there are certain Pens (#81 for example) that want it just as bad but based on play and body language I really wonder if some of the other players do. Are they selling out? Are they giving it all on every shift? As I said, Kessel is skating like a man possessed while we have some guys skating like it's an off day practice.

I'm not certain that top to bottom they're not a better team too.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
If they can.

Fleury is very movable. Plenty of teams want a guy who can win 30-40 games in the regular season. Teams on or just under the playoff bubble would 100% take a guy like that. He's still a very good regular season goalie. Dude just can't win in the playoffs.

Teams who just want to get in will look past his playoff failures and blame them on something else telling themselves that if they could just get in the playoffs things will be different.

Little do they know........

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's a shame the Penguins couldn't put on a good show for Pittsburgh royalty.

I was very wrong about Fleury vs. Murray not being a huge deal, in the end. Figured Fleury had slain those dragons. Gotten over that hump. Etc. Wow... nope.

That's probably the series. Crosby and Malkin... MIA until the bitter end.

Can the increasingly-frustrating coach at least stack the lines next game so they can possibly go out with a bang, please? That way those two can at least be blamed somewhat honestly.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
It's not ****ing over boys. Jesus, look at all of you. Have they won the series yet? NO. There's A LOT of hockey to play still, we WILL win this series and if we don't? So what! We shattered expectations this year and we have a GREAT future ahead of ourselves.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's a shame the Penguins couldn't put on a good show for Pittsburgh royalty.

I was very wrong about Fleury vs. Murray not being a huge deal, in the end. Figured Fleury had slain those dragons. Gotten over that hump. Etc. Wow... nope.

That's probably the series. Crosby and Malkin... MIA until the bitter end.

Can the increasingly-frustrating coach at least stack the lines next game so they can possibly go out with a bang, please? That way those two can at least be blamed somewhat honestly.

Apparently that's too much to ask, but thanks for the laugh. :cry:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If it isn't obvious to management now that 87 and 71 need some more help and they're not the players they once were, losing tomorrow with them being quiet again should do it.

King_Stannis

Jun 14, 2007
Erie PA, USA
Fleury is very movable. Plenty of teams want a guy who can win 30-40 games in the regular season. Teams on or just under the playoff bubble would 100% take a guy like that. He's still a very good regular season goalie. Dude just can't win in the playoffs.

Teams who just want to get in will look past his playoff failures and blame them on something else telling themselves that if they could just get in the playoffs things will be different.

Little do they know........
I think Dallas would roll the dice on him given their situation.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If it isn't obvious to management now that 87 and 71 need some more help and they're not the players they once were, losing tomorrow with them being quiet again should do it.

What has this organization done that suggests to you that it learns from its mistakes?

Every single summer we have this discussion about how "after (insert recent failure) this organization will realize it needs to do a better job of helping Sid and Geno", and every single summer it does nothing of the sort.

Every. Single. Summer.

The organization was supposed to have learned that lesson last year. And Crosby starts the playoffs with a midget rookie and Hornqvist, while Geno starts the playoffs with Fehr and Kunitz. Where's the lesson learned there?

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I agree we should stack the lines and at least try and go out guns ablazing. We need another that can consistently make something happen other than HBK. Just go with.

Malkin - Crosby - Hornqvist
HBK
Kuhnhackl - Cullen - Rust
Kunitz - Fehr - BB

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It's not ****ing over boys. Jesus, look at all of you. Have they won the series yet? NO. There's A LOT of hockey to play still, we WILL win this series and if we don't? So what! We shattered expectations this year and we have a GREAT future ahead of ourselves.

Do we have a GREAT future ahead of ourselves?

We found a few NHL depth players in the system this year, which is great, and we have what looks like a stud young starting goalie, but our stars are another year older and more banged up.

I have no doubt they can be contenders again, but it will take at least one more legit top 6 winger acquisition, preferably early 20's and some major injury luck.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
What has this organization done that suggests to you that it learns from its mistakes?

Every single summer we have this discussion about how "after (insert recent failure) this organization will realize it needs to do a better job of helping Sid and Geno", and every single summer it does nothing of the sort.

Every. Single. Summer.

The organization was supposed to have learned that lesson last year. And Crosby starts the playoffs with a midget rookie and Hornqvist, while Geno starts the playoffs with Fehr and Kunitz. Where's the lesson learned there?

Yeah. Frankly I don't even have a semi-hopeful counter to this, anymore. It seems like even when they make a move or two in that direction... they find a way almost immediately to deviate from it. Usually by overthinking things and getting too cute (three... no... FOUR scoring lines, ya'll!). It's a big part of costing the team a lot of chances and those two their prime years.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Every. Single. Summer.

Hey at least JR tried. He brought in Perron and Kessel then righted his wrong by moving Perron for Hagelin. If HBK is the plan again next year and JR is still around, I believe he will try to make another move.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Man, John Hodgman was in attendance for his first hockey game rooting for the Pens for some reason. Shame it ended so cruelly.

[Tweet]734681346862415872[/MEDIA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad