Bolland next contract

Tyler Biggs*

Bolland is the MAN!

Bolland brought his Chicago game with him. His best game to date and not just because of his two goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Career wise he scores a bit less than Bozak. Once his shooting pct drops back down to below 15% he will be around there again, as long as he stays healthy. I don't think he will be looking at Bozak money but even then I can't see them resigning him even at his current contract. Not unless they move Bozak or the cap skyrockets.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
4.5M x 5 years. I think he gets in the Selke discussion this year. Hopefully we sign him before the playoffs, when the media gushes over him, justifiably.

Lovin this trade. Loved Clarksons game last night as well.

BTW, I think Dion signs at 7M.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Maybe I'm dating myself but I see him as a Peter Zezel type. 3C due to strong defensive game and hockey iq, but able to play 2nd line with skilled players if needed.

4yrs/$15m get er done.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Who would really take on Bozak at this point.

What do you mean, at this point? 6 points in 11 games (around his average), strong defensive play (despite what the naysayers ***** about) and cap friendly salary (look at Weiss and his $4.9m hit). He could be moved if necessary, but I don't see why we would.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
What do you mean, at this point? 6 points in 11 games (around his average), strong defensive play (despite what the naysayers ***** about) and cap friendly salary (look at Weiss and his $4.9m hit). He could be moved if necessary, but I don't see why we would.

I mean that for his "cap friendly" contract he still can't produce offence while paired with Kessel and JVR, who are both PPG players. His defence is not really anything special. He is a pretty useless player IMO.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I mean that for his "cap friendly" contract he still can't produce offence while paired with Kessel and JVR, who are both PPG players. His defence is not really anything special. He is a pretty useless player IMO.

We'll agree to disagree then.

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
If he gets 50 points, he can easily make 5+ next year with the cap going up. You aren't paying just for points with this guy, he does all the intangibles and little things that coaches want. Hopefully he wants to stay in Toronto and his demands are reasonable.

If he tries to cash in on being a free agent, no way will we be able to keep him.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Bolland is more productive then Bozak with less opportunities for stats = >> money than Bozak on his next deal.

More productive for a 12 game spurt but the the previous 330 or so games says they are highly similar. There is no question he is looking great right now but so are a bunch of players who will be cooling off pretty quick.

If he actually was a 60+ pt guy then he could be $5 million + even without the history to back it up like Lupul. I don't see him doing that much though. If he manages a full season you wonder where that leaves him if he clearly outperforms Bozak. Do they have the budget to give him a raise and still pay the contracts that are coming up or do they need to package Boxak with an asset to give them any options? After Grabo and Liles were unable to earn their contracts would the club even gamble on a lucrative deal for Bolland?

I think the odds are in favor of him finishing the year with a ppg similar to his best years but playing less than 70 games. I am not sure the market will support much of a raise and I personally don't think that he would be able to
do whats necessary to force them to move Boz. If they like his game they might be able to squeeze him into their payroll at the expense of any future flexibility. For those of us who are dreaming of a true number 1 center one day, it is never going to happen with Bozak and Kadri here but a long term Bolland deal would perhaps hamstring them from being able to make any big deals moving forward, so they'd be committing to winning with the current group. I don't think this is a championship roster right now.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
4x4 sounds fine give or take a few hundred thousand, only problem with him is that he takes too many penalties

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
On a line with JVR and Kessel, 70 points may be possible. He seems to be breaking out, and honestly, I'd resign him. He may end up being our Andy McDonald.

We will eventually need to make room for Gauthier. It'll be interesting to see what Nonis is going to be doing.

this is huge stretch... I like Bolland's efforts and contributions to date but he simply is not that player and never will. He's a 3rd liner that can play a solid shutdown role and contribute offensively... he's not an offensive catalyst... I see him topping out at 45-50 points.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Bolland is more productive then Bozak with less opportunities for stats = >> money than Bozak on his next deal.

That depends on many factors not just stat production and let me remind you were in game 12 a lot could happen in a 82 game schedule... Somebody else has to be willing to pay him that amount 1st and for most 2nd he has to be willing to move as well.

Fair for Bolland is in the 4 to 4.5 range. Anything more and he's an over payment similar to Clarkson.

I think the Leafs will re-sign him in that range of 4 to 4.5 range on a long term deal for 7 years if not 8 something no other team would do front loaded a bit to bring the cap hit down to that range.... Call me crazy but I see him wanting to retire a Leaf just like Clarkson :nod:

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Bolland will cool off and get between 25-40 points by year end. He will also likely resign in Toronto for 3 million for 5 years. That's my guess.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
To me, this all comes down to the reason Chicago deemed him available -- he wasn't good enough to centre their 2nd line. Dave Bolland is one of the most inconsistent offensive players in the league.

Yeah, he's off to a great start with 10 points in 12 games, but let's not forget, he's played nearly 350 games in the league already. His career best, was 47 points (4 years ago) and he had only 14 last year. Chances are, his production will tail off as he finds his way into that shutdown role he played so well in Chicago when Bozak returns.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
To me, this all comes down to the reason Chicago deemed him available -- he wasn't good enough to centre their 2nd line. Dave Bolland is one of the most inconsistent offensive players in the league.

Yeah, he's off to a great start with 10 points in 12 games, but let's not forget, he's played nearly 350 games in the league already. His career best, was 47 points (4 years ago) and he had only 14 last year. Chances are, his production will tail off as he finds his way into that shutdown role he played so well in Chicago when Bozak returns.

Precisely. I think people are being swayed by the hot start a bit. He'll still get a larger offensive role than he was getting in Chicago, but he's a 3rd line center on this team with a set role.

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario
We need this guy locked up! 4 year, $16-17 million contract seems about right :nod:

Attachments

• itsbollybitch.png
    itsbollybitch.png
    493.2 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad