Bolland next contract

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I recall Hawks fans telling me he was done, his best years were over, and he was non factor winning the cup despite having a strong series against Boston.

He was hurt last year

Now he's healthy. If he stays healthy, he's this good.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
He wants to stay here but I can say for a actual fact he'll be looking asking for 5.5 between and 6 with a good season, whether he'll get that is certainly debatable. If he were to stay here the Leafs would obviously have talked him down a bit but 5.5 or just slightly more would be the starting point of the negotiations. Him taking 3.5 again would be a pipe dream unless something drastic changes.

What planet are you on? You need to look at the centres who make that kind of money.

DeathToAllButMetal

Let it all burn.
May 13, 2010
Someone will give Bolland $5m or a little more, unless he gets hurt again or his play really tails off. The guy's clutch, and he's a winner. I really hope the Leafs recognize this and make him a priority. This is a guy they'll need for the playoffs.

The Wall

Mar 28, 2013
I think we need to let Kulemin go or trade him to keep Bolland and Phanuef. This trade deadline will be verrry interesting

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
lets not think about this right now (mainly because if Bolland doesn't take a home town discount he prob wont be staying). Lets just focus on getting healthy and grinding teams into pulp. That is how TO made the playoffs and that is how the Leafs are going to win Lord Stanley!

No he's a perfect third line center

IF Bolland continues to play the way he has he is a #2 center. However, if he gets into a little slump Bozak and Bolland can switch spots.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
As others have said, a lot depends on how he continues to play and stay healthy...as of right now I think he's getting the same deal Bozak got this past summer.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why are people making Bolland a #3C when he was a #2C on a Cup winning team?

Bolland is a very smart hockey player. He's put up points in the OHL, he's had a career high of 47 points in his 2nd year as a Blackhawk and now with the Leafs...he should be a second line center.

He's really not getting lucky, he has made some very great passes and has the IQ to make some great plays.

Bolland is a ~50 point #2C that can also shut down opponents.

He also produces at a #2C rate in the PLAYOFFS. 43 points in 67 games.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nothing over 4.

Cap going up, him playing good, his ability to shutdown top line players, as well as make some clutch plays guarantees that he will be making at least 4.

I think he will take a pay cut and sign the same deal Bozak has...there are many teams out there that would love Bolland if he were to go UFA.

Carlyle talks so highly of Bolland, you know he loves him as a player. I think Bolland recognizes that he's wanted here and he'll definitely sign with the Leafs.

Really like the moves our GM has made this offseason. He called Chicago the moment they won the Cup and told them he wanted Bolland, he was the only one interested in acquiring Bernier, all the other teams were just checking his status.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
I love Bolland.

He has become one of our most important players and we basically need to re-sign him and Dion at this point.

Kulemin may leave, in fact he probably will. Which is unfortunate.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Bolland is gonna get a big long term deal. He is the kind of player you win with. Hawks probably are going to regret letting him go.

Tyler Biggs*

Anyone else think the Hawks are kicking themselves for letting Bolland go?

Sure hope Nonis does the smart thing and resigns Bolland!!

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
He's going to make whatever he's worth when the seasons done, I don't get the whole home team discount crap. Normal people move elsewhere for work that pays more to, they don't stay at home to make less money. We don't really have one guy on our team whose making much less than he would of been as a free agent. Bolland will finish with 45-60 points and get around 50 points id imagine a contract a bit more money than Bozaks

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
You guys might want to look at comparisons for Bolland before saying he'll make over 5 million :laugh:

Avec Fromage*

Anything over 4 and it gets questionable. I imagine Kulemin will be gone to account for his and McClement's raises.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
4.2 X 4 may seal the deal. If he continues to produce offensively that he can be considered a #2C.

Exactly what Bozak makes and still better than Weiss and much less than Zajac.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
What planet are you on? You need to look at the centres who make that kind of money.

Wasn't really a opinion of mine so much as it was something I was told by someone who would know without a doubt.

In my perfect world the he has the type of season he expects himself to have and the Leafs talk him down into a long term deal around 4.5 or 5

Any expectation of a major hometown discount like people are talking about here for 3.5 again just isn't going to happen. This will be the biggest contract of his career and just like any other player he's going to take advantage of it.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Lets keep our 3 2nd line centers. No pressure on any of them with 3, we get all the results, and any of them can fill in for injuries.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Anyone else think the Hawks are kicking themselves for letting Bolland go?

Sure hope Nonis does the smart thing and resigns Bolland!!

Nah, dont think so.

Chicago took a small step back this year in losing Bolland, as they did after their previous Cup win losing Byfgulien, Ladd, Campbel, Versteeg, etc. but thats also allowed them to keep their main core core pieces (Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Crawford, etc) in place, plus given them a very solid farm system as they keep adding extra picks/prospects every year or two.

Chicago doesnt seem to go gung-ho to "win now" every single year, instead they are trying ot keep their "window" open as long as possible, giving themselves a good chance every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad