Rumor: Boeser to Minnesota?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No.

Greenway is an overpaid plug.

Addison may be a good player one day but the Canucks do not need a powerplay producer who struggles defensively.

That package is unrealistic not sure why everyone thinks it's what the Canucks need.
Trading Boeser will not be about getting Vancouver what it needs. Boeser isn’t desirable league wide. Trading Boeser is about freeing up cap space.

It’s not a rebuilding move to acquire assets. The cap space is the acquisition goal.

McJedi trying not to post about Boeser challenge (impossible)
I’ve been right about him this entire time.

Saying he’d be very hard to trade and was negative value at his AAV.

Now I see some Vancouver fans somehow assuming Rossi and/or Waltstadt would be part of the package.

WTF?

Feb 19, 2018
Moving Fleury isn't just a snap of a fingers. He's 38 years, with a full NMC and has been average on his best days.

Demko just doesn't really make any sense for the Wild. Beyond the fact that he's currently injured, and has been bad when he played this year. Wallstedt will be ready in under two years, and it appears Filip Gustavsson remembered at 23 he was a high pick and a good goaltender.

There is really just no need for Demko to be involved at all.

Understood but I could see a team like Toronto and Fleury willing to go there take him on with Muzzin now on LTIR.

It’s just fun to speculate but I was merely basing a trade off of two teams timelines. Demko is a franchise goalie and you get the best player in the deal, you could also argue Boeser is the second best player in the deal as well.

Magic beans for proven assets

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If we get a 2nd and a "B" prospect (Khusnutdinov, Firstov, Ohgren, Hunt or Peart are what I'd considered B prospects in my limited knowledge of Wild prospect depth), for Boeser, unretained, I think we're in business. If we're retaining, or taking a Goligoski style cap dump, or both, we'd want more. This is where I feel things are breaking down. We could also combine cap dumps and assets, and as an example, have Hartman+Goligoski be included, presume Greenway is moved elsewhere, and equal up the value with futures to Vancouver. This would negate Boeser's cap hit, before ELCs or replacement minor players are called up.
Khusnutdinov and Ohgren are off the table IMO. I can't see a way where the Wild go from trading Fiala for 1st (Ohgren) + Faber to trading Ohgren/Khusnutdinov + 2nd for Boeser. That's a pretty significant downgrade and the difference in assets is fairly minimal.

I could see 2nd+Firstov+another prospect for Boeser ($1M retained) during the offseason, contingent on the Wild being able to trade Fleury and Goligoski.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Understood but I could see a team like Toronto and Fleury willing to go there take him on with Muzzin now on LTIR.

It’s just fun to speculate but I was merely basing a trade off of two teams timelines. Demko is a franchise goalie and you get the best player in the deal, you could also argue Boeser is the second best player in the deal as well.

Magic beans for proven assets

We have a top 5 goalie in the league right now. Your offer was trash value and wasn't even a good fit in the way you're trying to insist it was.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Khusnutdinov and Ohgren are off the table IMO. I can't see a way where the Wild go from trading Fiala for 1st (Ohgren) + Faber to trading Ohgren/Khusnutdinov + 2nd for Boeser. That's a pretty significant downgrade and the difference in assets is fairly minimal.

I could see 2nd+Firstov+another prospect for Boeser ($1M retained) during the offseason, contingent on the Wild being able to trade Fleury and Goligoski.

With only 1M retention I can't even see a deal getting done, let alone a deal like 2nd+Firstov+prospect.

I get you're trying to be amenable to these guys, but that's not something the Wild should be comfortable doing for a guy like this. Too much money, not a good enough player.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Probably should wait until the summer, see what ends up happening with Fleury, Greenway and Goligoski.

Those 3 guys not on the roster would change the equation a bit, as far as retention goes.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I don’t understand? Wallstedt + 1/2 of Rossi should equal Demko and 1/2 Rossi + Greenway isn’t worth Boeser 18% retained?

Value wise it’s not crazy at all and that is a move made to compete now on a team like Minnesota.

Greenway at this point maybe has neutral value.
You're not getting our two top prospects for your cap dumps. Hate to break it to you, Bozo.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
McJedi trying not to post about Boeser challenge (impossible)
I f***ing love that your avatar is Matt Saracen from Friday Night Lights.
With only 1M retention I can't even see a deal getting done, let alone a deal like 2nd+Firstov+prospect.

I get you're trying to be amenable to these guys, but that's not something the Wild should be comfortable doing for a guy like this. Too much money, not a good enough player.
Well it would be contingent on us trading our bad cap away (Fleury and Goligoski). It's a 2nd, a prospect that left the AHL for Russia, and another prospect (probably someone like Marshall Warren). Is Firstov ever going to play for the Wild? I have doubts.

Perhaps it turns into, 2nd+Warren to Vancouver, Greenway+Firstov to Arizona, Boeser (50% retained by Arizona) to Minnesota. I'm not sure that Boeser with zero retention is worth a 2nd + good prospect. I view both Firstov and Warren as replaceable prospects for us given our prospect pool depth. I also have questions if they will ever play a game for the Wild or if they will have a better development path under a different organization.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I f***ing love that your avatar is Matt Saracen from Friday Night Lights.

Well it would be contingent on us trading our bad cap away (Fleury and Goligoski). It's a 2nd, a prospect that left the AHL for Russia, and another prospect (probably someone like Marshall Warren). Is Firstov ever going to play for the Wild? I have doubts.

Perhaps it turns into, 2nd+Warren to Vancouver, Greenway+Firstov to Arizona, Boeser (50% retained by Arizona) to Minnesota. I'm not sure that Boeser with zero retention is worth a 2nd + good prospect. I view both Firstov and Warren as replaceable prospects for us given our prospect pool depth. I also have questions if they will ever play a game for the Wild or if they will have a better development path under a different organization.

Firstov was loaned to Russia, this is the first year of his ELC with the Wild.

It's one thing if there were rumblings that Guerin wasn't happy about Firstov, the way we heard rumblings when Menell did it, but it's not the same situation so far. Firstov has to come back.

Warren is pretty much a nothingburger at this point. Even if we thought he wanted to be here, I'm not sure he's actually worth keeping around. Especially now with all the other LD in front of him.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Trading Boeser will not be about getting Vancouver what it needs. Boeser isn’t desirable league wide. Trading Boeser is about freeing up cap space.

It’s not a rebuilding move to acquire assets. The cap space is the acquisition goal.

Compketely agree its about the Canucks saving CAP; But, Retaining Boeser and acquiring Greenway's AAV on top of Addison's raise from rfa status means ZERO CAP SAVINGS. You should stop arguing against yourself.

I get that Boeser doesn't have a ton of value. This doesn't need to be said 1000 more times. It's just the deal with Greenway and Addison doesn't make sense.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I don’t think July 1st will have any meaning for Boeser. His contract is negative value today, June 30th and July 10th.

He won’t be easy to move today or in the offseason. He’s been on the market for over a year. Still in Vancouver. That’s not because your GM is driving a hard bargain either. He’s just trying not to take too much of an L. And hoping Boeser plays better than he has.
lol yes ok right around when they signed him they were trying hard to move him ? They could have just qualified him or NOT and walked him to UFA? New management was inquiring about everyone to gauge value it's the reason why everyone but Pettersson's name has been bantered about in trade rumours. Make your own narrative about what that means i guess

This is obviously about Brock wanting a change of scenery due to a reduced role and management looking at re allocating cap money to greater needs. In case you have been living under a rock or have no idea what is going on in Vancouver. They gave the core a vote of confidence when the new regime came in and they flopped. Things have changed from fine tuning to big changes needed. The team has a gross amount of scoring wingers and lack 2/3 quality top4 defensemen.

July 1st matters because you said good teams have no ability to take on his contract yet every July 1st we see teams looking to make a step by overpaying for 27-35 aged absolute peak priced players who will get term. Brock has 2 yrs at 26 and 27 yrs old. Not a tough pill to swallow at all for a team wanting to add a scorer. Think about it.

The only way we take a L is if they try and force a move right now when very few teams have space to take his cap hit and term. The off season will be different. Not expecting a great return if they even decide to part ways

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
You act like he's rumor mongering. Whether it offends your sensabilities or not, an NHL agent going on record talking about a potential trade moves the Wild my make, and naming specific Wild players is not only news, but frankly strange he would do that. Any reporter would write an article about it.

I'm sensing left over hostilities from the Elias Peterson dust up a month or so back.
He's been reporting this for years, that is what is strange. At some point, a reporter needs a new story.

The what? Did I miss something he reported about Pettersson?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
lol yes ok right around when they signed him they were trying hard to move him ? They could have just qualified him or NOT and walked him to UFA? New management was inquiring about everyone to gauge value it's the reason why everyone but Pettersson's name has been bantered about in trade rumours. Make your own narrative about what that means i guess

This is obviously about Brock wanting a change of scenery due to a reduced role and management looking at re allocating cap money to greater needs. In case you have been living under a rock or have no idea what is going on in Vancouver. They gave the core a vote of confidence when the new regime came in and they flopped. Things have changed from fine tuning to big changes needed. The team has a gross amount of scoring wingers and lack 2/3 quality top4 defensemen.

July 1st matters because you said good teams have no ability to take on his contract yet every July 1st we see teams looking to make a step by overpaying for 27-35 aged absolute peak priced players who will get term. Brock has 2 yrs at 26 and 27 yrs old. Not a tough pill to swallow at all for a team wanting to add a scorer. Think about it.

The only way we take a L is if they try and force a move right now when very few teams have space to take his cap hit and term. The off season will be different. Not expecting a great return if they even decide to part ways
Reasonable post. I think he’s more likely moved in July. Don’t see it happening before the TDL passes.

Don’t think you’ll be able to trade him at his full AAV.

He certainly won’t return assets of value unless the retention is as his agent describes, “substantial”.

Vancouver messed up when they didn’t pay his QO on a one year deal. The three year deal makes him impossible to move at that AAV. Imagine if you could retain 50% on the 1 year QO. He’d have been traded weeks ago. Vancouver has a dumb GM.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

I would argue that Faber+1st is a much better package compared to, for arguments sake, Khusnutdinov+2nd, even in this year's draft. I mean if we're making a tier list, I'd have Faber(or Rossi or Lambos or Wallstedt, for that matter) as A tier, and a 1st beats a 2nd. Maybe I'm undervaluing Ohgren, I suppose, then? As I said, I am not as familiar with the Wild prospect pool as I am the Canucks. Not that I am pushing for his specific inclusion, but is Ohgren closer to Firstov/Peart/Hunt or Faber/Rossi/Wallstedt/Lambos in the eyes of Wild fans? Hell, would one of the latter four be available instead?

A second and Firstov isn't a bad base, that next prospect would have to be a good C or defensive D prospect though, ideally right handed. Again, Goligoski can be included, but doesn't count as said prospect. If you feel he can return an asset elsewhere, Godspeed. With limited numbers of players signed into next season on the Minnesota roster, I threw out Hartman as a possible name, but 3C isn't exactly an easy or cheap role to fill when you're missing one. Are there other slighter "cap dumps" (for lack of a better term) other then Goligoski, Greenway and Fleury? Or are they it? I'd rather take a player compared to retaining.

Lastly, Marshall Warren has nothing that really brings any interest from the Canucks team I'm apparently running, we already have Rathbone that we're threatening to overcook due to our LHD, offensive D overload. Peart and Hunt were kind of included as "B prospects" as I understood them to be, so I'm glad both of us keyed into Firstov and Khusnutdinov and Ohgren as top choices.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Compketely agree its about the Canucks saving CAP; But, Retaining Boeser and acquiring Greenway's AAV on top of Addison's raise from rfa status means ZERO CAP SAVINGS. You should stop arguing against yourself.

I get that Boeser doesn't have a ton of value. This doesn't need to be said 1000 more times. It's just the deal with Greenway and Addison doesn't make sense.
If his agent is trying to force a move to Minnesota, that deal gets done on Minnesota’s terms or Vancouver just holds him longer.

Why would Minnesota bail out Vancouver on this contract.

Greenway was a better player last season. He was good. He’s terrible this year. I’d rather bet on him at his AAV to rebound than Boeser at his.

Addison is a heck of a lot better than Rathbone. He’d be your top defensive prospect. But if Minnesota doesn’t have what Vancouver wants, it’s impossible to see a deal get done here. Vancouver doesn’t have a player the Wild want. They have Boeser’s agent begging two GMs to make a trade. One guy has to retain a lot and the other has to acquire a bad contract on a declining player.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Khusnutdinov is probably one of Minnesota's top prospects and is probably a top 50 prospect in the NHL. You aren't getting him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

I don't even feel that cap savings would be a motivating factor any more. We have no direct, pressing need for cap space, and can move other pieces in place of Boeser if that was the main goal, to a team that didn't have to equalize cap.

We have too many wingers who can play a top 9 role for us, I think that is the key reason his name keeps coming up. Boeser, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Pearson, Garland, Beauvillier and Mikheyev are all in need of a roster spot. Kuzmenko is the most valuable, Pod is ELC next year, Mikheyev and Beauvillier just got into town, and Boeser and Garland are at least playing up to cap hit. Pearson is LTIR'd, maybe for next season too, and Hoglander needs a new contract as an RFA. The main reason I see Boeser being available is to use resources elsewhere (C/D specifically) because of the abundance of wingers we have, not simply to jettison cap.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
If his agent is trying to force a move to Minnesota, that deal gets done on Minnesota’s terms or Vancouver just holds him longer.

Why would Minnesota bail out Vancouver on this contract.

Greenway was a better player last season. He was good. He’s terrible this year. I’d rather bet on him at his AAV to rebound than Boeser at his.

Addison is a heck of a lot better than Rathbone. He’d be your top defensive prospect. But if Minnesota doesn’t have what Vancouver wants, it’s impossible to see a deal get done here. Vancouver doesn’t have a player the Wild want. They have Boeser’s agent begging two GMs to make a trade. One guy has to retain a lot and the other has to acquire a bad contract on a declining player.

Ah yes, we are back to the 'Greenway just having an off year and Boeser a declining negative value asset'.

It's just so predictably boring to go in circles at this point.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Khusnutdinov is probably one of Minnesota's top prospects and is probably a top 50 prospect in the NHL. You aren't getting him.
Not according to The Hockey Writers.

Not to say that his omission, for what ever reason, should make him any more available.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
He's been reporting this for years, that is what is strange. At some point, a reporter needs a new story.

The what? Did I miss something he reported about Pettersson?
No. He's been shooting down Boeser to the Wild rumors for years.

He has done 3 or 4 features on Boeser(His dad one, one during the Van/Wild playoff series, one during Boesers debut which was against the Wild).

Wild fans keep mentioning him, other reporters keep mentioning it(probably Hankenson laundering).

But you can probably find 4 dozen of these tweets in the last two to three years

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Not according to The Hockey Writers.

Not to say that his omission, for what ever reason, should make him any more available.
Khusnutdinov is having one of the best seasons for a 20 year old in the KHL and plays center. He's been underrated most of his career.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Reasonable post. I think he’s more likely moved in July. Don’t see it happening before the TDL passes.

Don’t think you’ll be able to trade him at his full AAV.

He certainly won’t return assets of value unless the retention is as his agent describes, “substantial”.

Vancouver messed up when they didn’t pay his QO on a one year deal. The three year deal makes him impossible to move at that AAV. Imagine if you could retain 50% on the 1 year QO. He’d have been traded weeks ago. Vancouver has a dumb GM.
They greatly underestimated how much boeser would decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad