Rumor: Boeser to Minnesota?

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
this one is already settled. Dude’s own agent said he’s only tradable with “substantial retention”. Ouch and hilarious too.

he’s very clearly not even worth a late 7th round pick or even “future considerations” on that contract.
That is specific to the wild due to salary cap issues related to buying out to contracts and having around $15m in dead money. That would be the agents preferred destination for his client. That doesn’t impact 30 other teams and it may also significantly increase the return.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Boeser was from New Jersey, he would never be suggested as an even reasonable trade target for MN. VAN be able to get a better return from some other team.
I get that Boeser wants to return home, perhaps because of family reasons, but no one forced him to sign the contract.

Reactions: Cogburn

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That is specific to the wild due to salary cap issues related to buying out to contracts and having around $15m in dead money. That would be the agents preferred destination for his client. That doesn’t impact 30 other teams and it may also significantly increase the return.

If Boeser could be moved at his full cap hit by now, he would have. That part is absolutely not specific to Minnesota. No one wants him on that contract.

Reactions: McJedi

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
If Boeser could be moved at his full cap hit by now, he would have. That part is absolutely not specific to Minnesota. No one wants him on that contract.
That’s an assumption on your part, how do you know that Vancouver doesn’t have an offer and wants more? You don’t.

Reactions: Cogburn

puckinyourteeth

Dec 20, 2022
I don’t get it for MN. Nothing against Boeser as a player, though he seems to bring nothing if he isn’t scoring when I’ve watched him. It’s more that his cap hit just doesn’t work. Addison leads all rookie, and Wild Dmen in scoring by a good, and is cost controlled for another two years…trading him before guys like Goligoski and Dumba, who make significantly more, and are not defensive stalwarts themselves, sounds crazy to me.
Addison is also sort of a poor man’s Hughes. Don’t think that is high on VAN’s list.

I have no clue what VAN wants, besides talent, and out of a few gnarly contracts. I would do Greenway, and maybe Spacek/ Beckman. VAN do better with another team, I think, that isn’t so cap strapped going forward.
Honestly I think Brocks still thinking about his dad. The guy may not be the fleetest afoot, but boy can he snipe. That just doesn’t vanish into thin air. Either way, my guess is Greenway with a little extra something added most likely expiring soon may help get it going. Of course the Canucks would have to retain to make it palatable. If Brock is close to his family support, that may help lessen the sting of Dukes passing, which would help his play.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Honestly I think Brocks still thinking about his dad. The guy may not be the fleetest afoot, but boy can he snipe. That just doesn’t vanish into thin air. Either way, my guess is Greenway with a little extra something added most likely expiring soon may help get it going. Of course the Canucks would have to retain to make it palatable. If Brock is close to his family support, that may help lessen the sting of Dukes passing, which would help his play.
Oh, I understand his urge to come home and be with his family. I just don’t get VAN’s motivation to deal with MN exclusively, when there is not a financial fit, and they will have to bend over backwards to make it work.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Vancouver gets a nice win in Dallas last night. 5 to 4 in OT. Exciting game. No JT Miller because he’s out a few weeks.

Boeser: 15 minutes. Zero shots, zero hits, zero takeaways, zero points, one shot block, -2 and got called for shooting the puck into the stands right after a Dallas goal.

There are zero NHL teams that want Boeser at his AAV.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
When Boeser gets trades. Going back over the thread and quoting certain people with insanely cemented views will be amusing for a few minutes

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
When Boeser gets trades. Going back over the thread and quoting certain people with insanely cemented views will be amusing for a few minutes
When Jeff Petry was on the market, Habs fans reminded us all of his past successes, all his points and his huge value. They wanted 1st and 2nd round picks or good prospects, he had lots of league wide appeal, they wouldn’t need to retain or take back money with term. We heard all that over and over. Petry is a top pair guy for Pete’s sake!!!!

So what happened. Petry gets traded along with a 1st round pick prospect that never found his footing with the organization for the bad long term contract of Mike Matheson and a 4th round pick. What a haul for the Habs?

When Boeser is traded with Raitbone for something like Anthony Mantha and a 5th rounder… we can all remember Petry fondly for establishing this type of trade. The trade of lamentable contracts extensions that went bad as soon as they were inked.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
When Jeff Petry was on the market, Habs fans reminded us all of his past successes, all his points and his huge value. They wanted 1st and 2nd round picks or good prospects, he had lots of league wide appeal, they wouldn’t need to retain or take back money with term. We heard all that over and over. Petry is a top pair guy for Pete’s sake!!!!

So what happened. Petry gets traded along with a 1st round pick prospect that never found his footing with the organization for the bad long term contract of Mike Matheson and a 4th round pick. What a haul for the Habs?

When Boeser is traded with Raitbone for something like Anthony Mantha and a 5th rounder… we can all remember Petry fondly for establishing this type of trade. The trade of lamentable contracts extensions that went bad as soon as they were inked.
Matheson has been playing great this season. Bad analogy lol

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Matheson has been playing great this season. Bad analogy lol
And that’s where you are, ironically, so wrong

Because Petry is playing decently too.

It’s actually the prefect analogy of the bad contract swap and change of scenery deal.

Boeser isn’t worth good prospects or high draft picks. That’s the wrong thesis for his trade value. It’s fishing in barren waters.

He’s a change of scenery candidate. Just like Petry and Matheson.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
And that’s where you are, ironically, so wrong

Petry is playing ok too.

It’s actually the prefect analogy of the bad contract swap and change of scenery deal.

Boeser isn’t worth good prospects or high draft picks. That’s the wrong thesis for his trade value. It’s fishing in barren waters.

He’s a change of scenery candidate. Just like Petry and Matheson.
Matheson has been great. Petry is old and declining, Boeser still has prime years ahead. Bad overall analogy. Keep yelling into the void about Canucks threads.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018

And when you make these statements and are usually found or shown to be wrong, as has been the case numerous times. You rarely if ever venture back in to any thread or statement about said player you were maligning or making statements in absolute about.

So c'est la vie.

On one hand, Boeser is worthless. In another and in a former thread you made completely conflicting statements similar to what you've made here. It's a bi-polar discussion you have with yourself frequently about certain players and "jeff petry" made literally zero impact on any potential future trade with Boeser at all.

At days end, Boeser will eventually be traded, he will or won't have salary or actual cash value retained and he will or won't see a quality return for Vancouver while he also will or will not become a better player somewhere else. The only thing we know that is absolute is that you will either pop up with a series of "i told you so'd" or completely vanish never to be heard from again regarding said player depending on how the trade winds blow.

Spending less time making absolute statements when Tanner frigging Jeannot just returned an entire drafts worth of picks 2 days prior might not be the worst idea

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Matheson has been great. Petry is old and declining, Boeser still has prime years ahead. Bad overall analogy. Keep yelling into the void about Canucks threads.
Matheson: 25 games: 4 goals and 12 assists. 23 minutes a game. 49% Corsi. 47% Ozone draws. He’s missed a lot of games so durability is a problem.

Jeff Petry: 43 games: 3 goals and 19 assists. He’s averaging 23 minutes a game. 52% Corsi. 47% Ozone draws. He’s missed some games so durability is a problem.

I don’t see a lot of delta here in terms of one guy being trash and the other great. But your hyperbole is funny.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Matheson: 25 games: 4 goals and 12 assists. 23 minutes a game. 49% Corsi. 47% Ozone draws. He’s missed a lot of games so durability is a problem.

Jeff Petry: 43 games: 3 goals and 19 assists. He’s averaging 23 minutes a game. 52% Corsi. 47% Ozone draws. He’s missed some games so durability is a problem.

I don’t see a lot of delta here in terms of one guy being trash and the other great. But your hyperbole is funny.
Matheson is a +6 on a terrible Habs roster while averaging over 23:30 minutes per game.

Regarding Petry, saying he’s old and declining doesn’t mean “trash” - your reading comprehension could use some work here. He’s still a far cry away from the player he was two years ago, which is the point I was making. And he’s 35 years old so he’s likely not going to improve in the future. These issues don’t apply to Boeser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad