Confirmed with Link: Boedker signs two year contract

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
My guess:
MB won't finalize the contract until after the ownership saga has ended. Not that he would leave the organization, but he may take a longer contract, back loaded to stay (once new ownership takes over) vs a smaller up front contract (if the saga goes back to square one). I'm hoping when the Coyotes introduce new ownership, they will also announce Boed's new contract...

I don't think ownership has anything to do with it in Boedker's case. I think it's all about money, just like every contract.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I don't think ownership has anything to do with it in Boedker's case. I think it's all about money, just like every contract.

I disagree. But we'll find out soon. I just think that's more about term and structure and the amount has already been agreed to in principle. I just can't see Boedker holding out for more money. Nor do I think he expects more than what he has earned. I just believe he feels he doesn't have to make the final decision yet. IMO, it'll come down to either a bridge gap type of contract until he becomes a free agent or (the one that I expect GMDM is trying to do) a long term contract. If I'm right he'll sign some time this week.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This doesn't begin to really be a concern until around first week of September. Everyone's on vacation.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
This doesn't begin to really be a concern until around first week of September. Everyone's on vacation.

I agree. I'm not worried yet. He's the one young forward that has been patient under Tippett and has done all the right things. He probably feels like that deserves a little better contract than his stats warrant and I have to agree. They'll get it done. I will be surprised if he holds out. Maybe Maloney is just playing a bit of hard ball while he explores trade possibilities?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Ehh...Turris. Still, I think both sides are just being careful of expectations and a deal will be done soon.

Yup as the public release of what Turris was asking for was the smoke and the events that happend overtime was the fire with GMDM making Turris sit before signing a deal to play again as a fine example.. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if those facts get dismissed as "conspiracy" or whatever overtime as well. After seeing what took place with regards to the previous traitors, it's now more than ever on the player to prove to the fans and the organization that they are not looking to give the finger to either come contract talk time. I don't see any proof that Mikkel is looking to give the finger as of yet but the time in how long this is taking to get done is a cause for concern seeing how we can ever during the ownership mess can get other deals done in a necessary time frame.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
To be honest, it'd be strange if he held out. Wheeler and Turris kind of make sense considering the team's situation back then but Bödker would instantly get a top 6, probably a first line, role if he resign on a team that's on the up and with a stable ownership for the first time in his pro career. Either GMDM is lowballing him badly or he is asking for Bryzgalov money, none of them making any kind of real sense.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Yeah but his relationship with the managment had soured earlier, that much was obvious. He also did not put in the effort Bödker puts in every single game and was a huge liability in the defence, which Bödker isn't, something Tippett and the team tried to get him to change which he apparently refused.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yeah but his relationship with the managment had soured earlier, that much was obvious. He also did not put in the effort Bödker puts in every single game and was a huge liability in the defence, which Bödker isn't, something Tippett and the team tried to get him to change which he apparently refused.

You know it's amazing to hear Domi talk about how Tippett is a great coach considering how Turris essentially orchestrated his trade based on his belief that the lack of talent around him along with his inability to secure a consistent role in the top 6 would impact him negatively financially. Not to bring up ghosts from the past its nice to see young talent focus on winning with understanding that the money will be there if you are successful. Character does matter. Boedker gets it. He will be signed soon.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I think Maloney and Boedker both know he is better then what he has shown and that this could be a breakout season for him. So Maloney is focussing on his previous production while Boedker is aiming for the something closer to what he feels he is capable of doing. It's a typical contract negotiation. But in the end, it will all work out for the team.

Feb 12, 2003
I see it going one of two ways, either they lock up Boeds to a longer deal at a price that makes sense for both side or they sign a two year deal and split the difference. I don't think he's going to be a holdout and there is still plenty of time to work out a deal. As long as he's in camp I'm not worried, but if he missed any of camp then someone is going to have to blink to get the deal done and that doesn't work out well in the long run. Either the player is disappointed for being overvalued or the team ends up overpaying for potential.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
As I said, in no way am I associating Boedker with Wheeler or Turris, I get the situations are completely different. What I am saying is that the old adage where there's smoke, there's fire has proven to be true in the past for this franchise despite many at the time saying there was nothing to worry about. Well here we are again, there's most definitely smoke and most are saying not to worry about it. Until Boed's is signed, I'm going to be rightfully nervous that there's fire in there somewhere. :help:
Soooo....here we are about 2.5 weeks away from the start of training camp and still no Boedker. Those of you who had no worries are you still feeling so confident?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have to believe Don will be willing to cave to market price and that Boedker's agent must know he's not worth more. Just do the damn Bailey deal already. It's like the easiest comp ever. They're the same player on paper. As for playing time, kid has already paid his dues. Why try to get out just before you get to reap what you've sewed? That can't be it. Right? I mean the rough going is gone. He's arrived. Top six lock.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Soooo....here we are about 2.5 weeks away from the start of training camp and still no Boedker. Those of you who had no worries are you still feeling so confident?
Not worried in the slightest. Alex Pieterangelo, Nazem Kadri, Cody Hodgson, Jared Cowen and Alex Freaking Pieterangelo are all still unsigned RFA's. Nothing's happened yet. I'm sure he's working out and skating. If he signs the afternoon of 11 September and is on a redeye to Sky Harbor in time for the session at the Job on the 12th, it'll be like nothing happened.

If we're worried about Boedker, STL fans are probably already Jonestowning themselves.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I think it's possible that Maloney has a deal on hold for a top line winger, and they are waiting to get a look at training camp to see if all the right pieces fall in place before they pull anything off. Besides Yandle, Doan, and OEL, Boedker is probably our most attractive piece to other teams. I would hate to see Boedker leave, but maybe Don isn't messing around with this new found freedom

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Boedker should just sign a cheap one year contract. He has a good chance to play with a center like Ribiero which should inflate his numbers and value. I feel like it would be silly for him to play hardball if that was the case when he has been meh in his NHL career.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I'm sure he's working out and skating. If he signs the afternoon of 11 September and is on a redeye to Sky Harbor in time for the session at the Job on the 12th, it'll be like nothing happened.

He has been training on ice with his old club Rødovre in Denmark all summer long, so he should be fit for training camp in two weeks time. Lars Eller from Habs and Jannik Hansen from Nucks have been present also together with a variety of former Rødovre-players that now play in Sweden, Germany etc.

For a small hockey country like Denmark it is quite a treat to watch so prominent names come home and train with the youngsters of their former club. It must be thrilling and inspirational for them to play with the stars of today. Hopefully the youngsters see what they can accomplish if they take the sport seriously and a nice way of the players to contribute and give something back to their home-club.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad