Confirmed with Link: Boedker signs two year contract

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hey Yotesville,

A little update on Mikkel Boedker.

Mods feel free to delete or move.

Mikkel is doing great with fellow danes Frans Nielsen (Islanders) Philip Larsen (Stars)
in Rauman Lukko of the finnish SM-league.

When he and the fellow danes joined the team, they were rock bottom, but have since made a steady clime after each round. Now 10 out of 14.

Mikkel has been praised for his play. Here is a quote from another thread:

I hate Jokerit but I fking love Nichlas Hardt. :yo:

As for the lockout refugees, they've been good all around. Especially Mikkel Bödker, what a beast!

In the Swiss league the two attacking lines are almost always stacked with foreign forwards. They've got money but numbers of juniors isn't that high.

It's getting better as far as I know, though.

Mikkel has played 16 games and has 16 points. 11g and 5a.

Yesterdays 6-2 win gave him 2g and 1a.

HIGHLIGHTS

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Thanks for the update, I was having trouble finding his stats online. Sounds like Boeds is gonna be staying on the top line whenever the season starts.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
A confident Boedker is a good thing. He still has legit offensive upside.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Thanks for the update!

This is great news. He seemed to have matured a TON in last years playoff run. Let's hope he continues to grow confidence and offensive ability.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Thanks for the update, I was having trouble finding his stats online. Sounds like Boeds is gonna be staying on the top line whenever the season starts.

You can never go wrong with eliteprospects.com
They can be a bit slow to update especially the minor/junior leagues, but it's great for searching players. You can look for a specific nation and its players in europe and north america through their search engine or quickly search through different clubs where nationality is shown for each player.

Bødker:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5996

So Bødker is 11G 5A in 16 games and +8. That's is pretty decent :handclap:

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
If there was one player I was more excited to watch play this year than any other before all the lockout mess it was Boedker. Glad that he is doing well in the meantime.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
You can never go wrong with eliteprospects.com
They can be a bit slow to update especially the minor/junior leagues, but it's great for searching players. You can look for a specific nation and its players in europe and north america through their search engine or quickly search through different clubs where nationality is shown for each player.

Bødker:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5996

So Bødker is 11G 5A in 16 games and +8. That's is pretty decent :handclap:

Thanks, I've never looked at this website before. Usually I just check hockeydb, but they always seem slow in updating the stats from foreign leagues.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Thanks, I've never looked at this website before. Usually I just check hockeydb, but they always seem slow in updating the stats from foreign leagues.

Boedker would be tied for the league lead in goals if he had played as many games. Hopefully all that scoring is giving him some confidence.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Boedker would be tied for the league lead in goals if he had played as many games. Hopefully all that scoring is giving him some confidence.

I'm not to familiar with SM-liiga. How does the competition compare to some of the other leagues?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Below the SEL and KHL. IMO after those two the hierarchy gets a lot more muddled but the drop off is pretty big after those two.

Normally yes.. But this year the SM liiga is full of NHL'ers. So the league is quite strong this year.
Also the SM liiga is more physical than at least the SEL. The rinks are also smaller than in the SEL and KHL.

Fun fact Mikkel Boedker's ol' teammate in Kitchener Justin Azevedo
Is on the same team in SM and is the leading scorer on the team.

5g 13a for 18 points only 2 more than Boedker but in with 5 more games than Boedker:)

Lockout players in SM:

Comfirmed NHL lockout players 2012-13

HIFK
Sean Bergenheim
Lennart Petrell
Stephane Robidas

HPK
Antti Miettinen

Ilves
Anders Lindbäck
Max Talbot

Jokerit
Valtteri Filppula
Erik Karlsson

JYP
Lars Eller
Rich Peverley

KalPa
Craig Smith
Derek Stepan

Kärpät
Jason Demers
Jussi Jokinen
Kyle Turris

Lukko
Mikkel Bødker
Philip Larsen
Frans Nielsen

Pelicans
Jamie McBain
Antti Niemi

SaiPa
Cory Emmerton

Tappara
Jannik Hansen

TPS
Mikko Koivu
Lauri Korpikoski
Alec Martinez
Kris Russell

Ässät
Jesse Joensuu

KooKoo (Mestis) 2nd tier
Tommy Wingels

Couple of new and old yotes in there :)

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think the same could be said for most of the other leagues too though, except Elitserien anyway.

That it's a more physical league with smaller ice is definitely a good thing.

Something I'm not all that aware of is how the coaching situation is different between leagues. Swedish players seem to be extremely well coached coming over to NA but that's totally anecdotal. Not sure how SM would compare to the others on that front.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I think the same could be said for most of the other leagues too though, except Elitserien anyway.

That it's a more physical league with smaller ice is definitely a good thing.

Something I'm not all that aware of is how the coaching situation is different between leagues. Swedish players seem to be extremely well coached coming over to NA but that's totally anecdotal. Not sure how SM would compare to the others on that front.

Sure, although im not really comparing them, im just pointing out that Boedker is getting tougher oppossition than he would have in a non lockout SM liiga :)

Im sure SM is stronger than DEL and NLA normally, which im certain are the two leagues you are reffering to?

DEL and NLA have also gotten some strong lockout players, but I still think SM has better homegrown talent and non NHL players :)

Well I cant really comment on that last part :)

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Below the SEL and KHL. IMO after those two the hierarchy gets a lot more muddled but the drop off is pretty big after those two.
Actually, IIHF and most europeans consider the SM-Liiga to be better than the SEL these days. Even the Czech Extraliga is considered better though, the SEL have dropped a lot in quality.

In general, the ranking of leagues:

NHL
KHL
SM-L
CZE
SEL
AHL
DEL
SWI
Unless I forgot someone but I don't think so.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Actually, IIHF and most europeans consider the SM-Liiga to be better than the SEL these days. Even the Czech Extraliga is considered better though, the SEL have dropped a lot in quality.

In general, the ranking of leagues:

NHL
KHL
SM-L
CZE
SEL
AHL
DEL
SWI
Unless I forgot someone but I don't think so.

Hey I don't see MOL Liga on that list!

Someday... ;)

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Yeah KHL is much better than SEL. SEL possibly being better tactical training for young players is something else. I do however believe SEL is better than the Finish league.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Lukko are the team with a dog's head as their logo - similar to the Coyotes - isnt that right? I remember picking them for that reason in a hockey game years ago.

Interesting to see how Boedker compares with Turris in the same league.

Hirmu

Aug 21, 2012
Finland
Lukko are the team with a dog's head as their logo - similar to the Coyotes - isnt that right? I remember picking them for that reason in a hockey game years ago.

Interesting to see how Boedker compares with Turris in the same league.
They changed the Fox-logo and are now using the original logo of the team.

Jersey 2012-13:
mikkel%20bodker%20lukko.jpg

Old Jersey:
paitalukko2009JoP_jk.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad