Confirmed with Link: Boedker signs two year contract

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I feel so lost in this thread with my lack of knowledge on what leagues there are. But glad to hear Boedker is doing well, and can't wait for the NHL to start back up because he was a big reason we did so well in the playoffs last year.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Bødker with a great evening 1G 1A in a 4-1 win for Lukko over Tappara (with Aleksander Barkov - Jannik Hansen - Ville Nieminen that has otherwise been prolific scoringwise lately).

Highlights: (Bødker scores a nice goal to 1-0).
http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/20121124015657300_v8.shtml

What a crazy night for the danes tonight !!

4-1 to lukko over tappera the lone tappera goal was scored by
Jannik Hansen of the Canucks.

Then boedker had 1g and 1a, Frans Nielsen of the Islanders had 1a
And Philip Larsen of the stars had 1g.

In another game JYP - Jokerit 5-1 Lars Eller of the canadiens had
2g and 1a the other teams top scorer last year was Nichlas Hardt, also danish..
He is injured though:(

Fantastic night!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
B
Do not know what's up with Boedker's goal? it doesn't go in, but is counted as a goal because the ilves player commits a penalty?

Can't watch the video, but the scenario goes something like this: If it's an empty net and a player has a clear path to it, any penalty or interference on the part of the defense results in an automatic goal.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Can't watch the video, but the scenario goes something like this: If it's an empty net and a player has a clear path to it, any penalty or interference on the part of the defense results in an automatic goal.

Ahh cheers mate ;) makes sense now...

Is it country coded?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Bødker with a great evening 1G 1A in a 4-1 win for Lukko over Tappara (with Aleksander Barkov - Jannik Hansen - Ville Nieminen that has otherwise been prolific scoringwise lately).

Highlights: (Bødker scores a nice goal to 1-0).
http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/20121124015657300_v8.shtml

Don't know why I didn't see this before, but the goal Boeds scores is pretty similar to his waaait for it goal against the preds in the PO's last season. Just from the opposite side :)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Thanks I actually didn't know that :)
Actually I thought for a sec it was something like a Patrick Stefan moment :laugh: , and with the referee was so convinced Bødker had nettet it, that he declared it a goal.

Then the highlight-vid ended, but then I noticed the apparent lack of headlines next day in the press, so I suspected something like what you described - but I would have thought offhand that you called a penalty shot (and that maybe the highlight-vid just didn't show it).

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Thanks I actually didn't know that :)
Actually I thought for a sec it was something like a Patrick Stefan moment :laugh: , and with the referee was so convinced Bødker had nettet it, that he declared it a goal.

Then the highlight-vid ended, but then I noticed the apparent lack of headlines next day in the press, so I suspected something like what you described - but I would have thought offhand that you called a penalty shot (and that maybe the highlight-vid just didn't show it).

Haha funny, I thought the same thing... And then, oh nooo.. Not to a dane.. But
it does look like Boedker doesn't even try to pot it, after he noticed the ref raising his arm.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Mikkel Bødker has been selected as the player of the month (november) in the SM-liiga.

It's based on his production of 7G 5A in 9 matches in november and his defensive of +12 (+14, -2) that was best in the league.

Source for those who can read finnish:
http://www.sm-liiga.fi/arkisto/uutiset/mikkel-bodker-sm-liigan-marraskuun-pelaaja.html

(it's great fun to google translate it...."Mikkel Bödker has been a real nugget trap. Danish in November was a strong tune night after night". But you can guess the meaning.....sort of

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
It's funny that Finland is a bordering country and chinese makes as much sense to me as their language. Quite a month for Boedker anyway! It's hard not to get excited about what he's done over the last seven months. Too bad there hasn't been enough NHL games during that time.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Nugget trap = gold mine?

Fine tune = quality performer?

Yeah something like that most likely :laugh: or finnish are simply way to hard for a google translate with its 17 casus/grammatical cases (right?)...so that why you get the Bödkerin occuring in the text.
Some case endings might also fool the translater into thinking it's another word entirely :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It's funny that Finland is a bordering country and chinese makes as much sense to me as their language. Quite a month for Boedker anyway! It's hard not to get excited about what he's done over the last seven months. Too bad there hasn't been enough NHL games during that time.

Yeah it's really fascinating how little you understand of it even when quite exposed to it. :laugh: No wonder finns makes great linguist and score in the top of world school rankings every time. You can master finnish all other languages are a walk in the park :D
So I guess Bødker also gets a lot of sauna time done - maybe thats what he needed to break out scoringwise :sarcasm:

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
Looks like Martin Hansel is getting some ice time and a lot of penalty box time in the Czech League.
15 gp 7 g 9 a 16tp 67 pm 2 +/-
Looks to be scoring well also
Stay healthy buddy we'll need ya sooner or later.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
2g by Boeds tonight in Lukko's 3-2 win over Kärpät

Lukko-Kärpät 3-2

Boedker's 16g is enough for a 5th place for goals. No. 1 on the list has 18 in quite a few more games :)

Highlights

Last edited:

BDX

Jul 12, 2004
Boedker is currently the best player of FEL. He is absolutely great all over the rink; defensively and especially offensively. I hope NHL never starts but I think you guys think otherwise ;)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It's almost enough to make you want to kick the tires on Frans Neilsen...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad